Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
According to Vegas Jags favored to win only 1 game against Titans

Quote:I agree the roster is better and has been improved each of the last 3 years. I am paying attention I have been sitting in the stands for 18 years. I am not criticizing Gus/Dave it is clear the draft process is a crap shoot for all 32 teams. I know you pay attention too but my eyes do not deceive me week in and week out on basic mistakes that should not occur at this level. Look I am not trying to argue with you but I am a frustrated STH who believes in building a team through the draft not expensive free agents who don't produce to their pay level. I am just venting because I think we are getting excessively exuberant before the players have proven themselves.

Who is getting "excessively exuberant" here?  I haven't seen it.  You're trying to use something that isn't truly a good measuring stick to try to imply that fans are getting ahead of themselves.  Maybe the betting public is simply underestimating the team based on the past?  Nobody here is predicting the team is going to somehow become a Super Bowl juggernaut in 2015.  Most are extremely realistic with their expectations, so please explain the excessive exuberance.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hasn't it been about 3 years since we were favored to win a game before the season started?

Clearly we're improving :yes:

Quote:Where can I go and bet the 1 game?...bodog has us at 5.5 wins

Las Vegas. Online books won't have spreads this early.

Dang!!! we must be getting better!!!!

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Quote:Vegas only favoring Jaguars to win home game against Titans for all of 2015. 1-15 Really. While I get this is to gain early betting money from those who are not really informed world wide. Vegas is not in the business to lose money and usually does not lose money. Vegas must feel like player talent changes in free agency and draft will not be significant to improve win total.

Put your money where your mouth is .... famous saying I use to hear....

Vegas is all about making money and will base odds accordingly to my understanding though I rarely ever gamble.  

I think the Jaguars stand a good chance at sweeping the Titans, especially if Mariota struggles in his rookie year, and I think the Jaguars have a decent chance of sweeping the Texans too.  I am the most worried about the Colts, if I was betting a significant amount of money I might take the Colts to sweep the Jaguars this year.  I hope I am wrong though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!