Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Good Problem to Have?

Quote:I disagree with you because peyton didn't run his route or made the contested catches for him. I'm tired of people always giving peyton credit for other's success like they couldn't be great without him. For instance, pierre garcon played with peyton was well right? Well breaking news is that garcon had the best year of his career when in 2013 (113 catches and 1,346 yards) catching passes from Kurt Cousins and RG III during his second year as the redskins QB respectfully. Please don't give me eric decker fall off because of peyton base on the fact we all knew he wasn't a #1 receiver and yet he still was a few yards away from 1,000 season with geno smith and michael vick as qb despite also missing a few games last year for a hamstring issue. I think julius thomas is going to be great and if he's isn't i would either blame injuries, getting fat and happy after the big payday or blake bortles isn't the guy but we will find out one way or another the year. 
I didn't give 'jughead' credit for JT making catches at all. I did point out that it was 'jughead' making those throws however; are you suggesting that having an all time MVP to throw the ball didn't help JT? Obviously, it helps. My point was that I hope that JT brings that same ability here but that I recognize he won't have the same guy to throw to him here. 

" I think julius thomas is going to be great and if he's isn't i would either blame injuries, getting fat and happy after the big payday or blake bortles isn't the guy"

Well... making excuses for your guy isn't necessary... but, there is another possibility that you're ignoring; maybe JT was a beneficiary of having a great quarterback. Or... maybe he really is great and doesn't need a great quarterback to help him look great. Mark Brunell wasn't what many would think of as a 'great' quarterback, but JImmy Smith set NFL records with him. We'll see if JT works out here. I sure hope he does. :thumbsup: 

If he doesn't, then I would also have to consider the possibility that not having someone of the caliber of jughead to throw to him does effect his play. We'll see.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I didn't give 'jughead' credit for JT making catches at all. I did point out that it was 'jughead' making those throws however; are you suggesting that having an all time MVP to throw the ball didn't help JT? Obviously, it helps. My point was that I hope that JT brings that same ability here but that I recognize he won't have the same guy to throw to him here. 

" I think julius thomas is going to be great and if he's isn't i would either blame injuries, getting fat and happy after the big payday or blake bortles isn't the guy"

Well... making excuses for your guy isn't necessary... but, there is another possibility that you're ignoring; maybe JT was a beneficiary of having a great quarterback. Or... maybe he really is great and doesn't need a great quarterback to help him look great. Mark Brunell wasn't what many would think of as a 'great' quarterback, but JImmy Smith set NFL records with him. We'll see if JT works out here. I sure hope he does. :thumbsup:

If he doesn't, then I would also have to consider the possibility that not having someone of the caliber of jughead to throw to him does effect his play. We'll see.
i agree

[Image: giphy.gif]