Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Man, I am hyped up about this season! Finally....

I'm about as hyped for this season as a Jaguar fan can be after winning 14 games in 4 years.  That is a solid average of 3.5 wins a year.  That is how hyped I am!  Who is with my on this utter most hypeness that I am feeling?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm about as hyped for this season as a Jaguar fan can be after winning 14 games in 4 years.  That is a solid average of 3.5 wins a year.  That is how hyped I am!  Who is with my on this utter most hypeness that I am feeling?

Right there with ya homey. The only place we can go is up. Unfortunately, we're afraid of heights.

I'm still hyped. The offense growth should be huge this year and that will be exciting to see us actually put point on the board. I have confidence Bortles will step up this year.

Fowler sucks to lose, and I was super pissed when he got hurt. But after some time to digest it, we signed a bunch of other potential huge impact players and the defense was capable last year, should be even better this year even without Fowler.

Yeldon and Sample are my two favorite rookies to watch now.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

There's still a lot to be excited about. I think Bortles Will Have A consistent/successful running game, and with that, comes successful read/option and play action opportunities. He will have more than enough weapons to throw to, and with a successful running game, the pass protection should atleast improve enough to where he's not clobbered 2 seconds into the play.

Defensively, it'll be similar to last year. Our offense needs to control time of possession a hell of a lot better.

The two players I expect to see the most improvement from are Joeckel and Cyprien. If they don't improve, we will be replacing or bringing in competition for them. If they do improve, our team will be improved overall.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I'm about as hyped for this season as a Jaguar fan can be after winning 14 games in 4 years. That is a solid average of 3.5 wins a year. That is how hyped I am! Who is with my on this utter most hypeness that I am feeling?

Perhaps a call to your notorious hype man can help hype me up for this season?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I am most excited to see how the Tight Ends work with Blake Bortles as I expect this team's offense to improve dramatically over last seasons performance.

Quote:I am most excited to see how the Tight Ends work with Blake Bortles as I expect this team's offense to improve dramatically over last seasons performance.

But we lost Fowler so clearly the offense can't improve!

In seriousness, I'm excited to see the leap this offense makes. JT is going to be eager to prove he's not just a Manning product.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I'm about as hyped for this season as a Jaguar fan can be after winning 14 games in 4 years.  That is a solid average of 3.5 wins a year.  That is how hyped I am!  Who is with my on this utter most hypeness that I am feeling?
+1

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

I think the offensive improvement will come down to two positions: LT and RT.  Joekel needs to show serious improvement, and Parnell needs to show he can successfully fill the RT role as a starter or Bortles won't have any chance to develop.  Assuming those two can maintain a clean pocket, then it will be Bortles task to grow into a top 15 QB in his second year.