Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will TJ Yeldon become another Great running back for the Jaguars?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Do you think TJ Yeldon will fall in line with great RB's the Jags have Drafted in the First 2 rounds.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2015, 03:12 PM by DewtheMathis.)

To me the Jaguars have always been known for a great run game (Fred Taylor), (Maurice Jones-Drew), and hopefully now (YELDON)!  

It would be sad if Yeldon turns out to be a slowby disappointment as the fans do enjoy destroying opponents in the run game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Yeldon will have a similar impact as James Stewart. He seems to be a solid, consistent guy who will get you around 1,000 yards rushing a season. He will never be the homerun threat that Fred and Mojo were.

As long as he's moving chains and bulldozing for TDs on the goalline. I could care less about the MJD and Taylor comparison

I have a good feeling about Yeldon. I feel like his production will he similar to Matt Forte's for the bears. I would hope not as many receptions as Forte has had but in general Forte has been a stud for the Bears even in bad years who has been somewhat underappreciated nationally.

Yeldon is not a burner but has enough speed, has good vision, some strength, and looks to be a good receiver out of the backfield.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Yeldon will be as good as the O-line allows him to be, or any other back on the roster for that matter.  I don't think we'll see a great back this year, as the line has had no time to gel as yet.  Ask the question again this time next year.

I'm not sure what type of career he ends up having, but I really like his attitude.  The guy seems extremely humble.  He has a great attitude in that he only seems to concern himself with the things that he can control.  I will definitely be rooting for him and hope that he will have a very long and fruitful career in teal.

Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

His importance will be greater than ever now that Fowler is out.

I think this thread needs to be deleted before we jinx him too.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

David Garrard approved this thread. Fret not Knarnn. Yeldon is safe. Fowler's attempt to be all dressy is why Mr. Fedora consulted his hexer. He wants to be remembered as the only dressy man in Jagland. Too early for a scotch?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:He will never be the homerun threat that Fred and Mojo were.

Why not?

Quote:Why not?

It's not the type of player he is. He doesn't have their pure speed. That doesn't mean he can't be a good player

;

;

After seeing him in mini-camp, I think he can. If the OL can block, watch out. He can fake u out of your jock strap. He just needs to hold onto the ball. If he does, he will be a difference maker.

Quote:After seeing him in mini-camp, I think he can. If the OL can block, watch out. He can fake u out of your jock strap. He just needs to hold onto the ball. If he does, he will be a difference maker.

Sweet.  Glad you attended, Burt.  Any more observations would be welcomed.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2015, 07:48 PM by The_Anchorman.)

He's the second round pick of our team.

Cut and blast. That's what I remember of Freddy... well, hop, cut, anticipate, and blast...

But if Yeldon can cut once, anticipate, and blast, he'll be a great 2nd round pick up.

He needs to deliver, that's all I know. Based on his tape, and college experience, I think he can live up to his second round potential.

I feel like Yeldon will be under a bit more pressure from Jags fans this season now Fowler is out for the year.

He will never be the homerun threat that Fred and Mojo were. I don't know that I'd call mojo a home run threat he was a in between the tackles runner not a burner like Freddy T. I voted no on Yeldon because I just wasn't that impressed with him at Bama. I really thought he'd get drafted in 4th or 5th rd. I thought Tevin Coleman and Duke Johnson were better Rb prospects. Sure hope I'm wrong

From watching rookie camp, Elite feet, Elite elusiveness, Elite quickness, Hold on to that FOOTBALL!!!! better speed than 40 time says!

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Well, Fowler was suppose to make our offense better, by giving the offense more opportunities on the field. Lets hope that Yeldon does become a great one and makes the defense better, by keeping them off the field and getting rested.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2015, 03:11 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Quote:From watching rookie camp, Elite feet, Elite elusiveness, Elite quickness, Hold on to that FOOTBALL!!!! better speed than 40 time says!
That's what old timers call "Sweet Feet." 

If he can rush for 1,000 yards (about 65 yds/game) I would call that good value.  The two concerns are reliability (no fumbles) and durability.(you don't know how a player can take the hits coming from college to the pros)

I also would like to suggest a IDK vote because you can't judge a running back until he see full contact.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Probably not but he shouldn't be expected to be. He does have the potential though. He reminds me of Arian Foster personally.