Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Replacing players

Here is a summary of the players that left the Jags this offseason and who has been brought in to replace them.

LB JT Thomas - replaced with Dan Skuta, same?
CB Alan Ball - replaced with Davon House, upgrade
LB Geno Hayes - not replaced
WR Cecil Shorts - replaced with Rashad Greene, same?
S Sherrod Martin - replaced with Sergio Brown, same?
RB Jordan Todman - replaced with TJ Yeldon, upgrade
OG Jacques McClendon - replaced with AJ Cann, upgrade

So most of these guys got replaced with new players that are probably better.
But one did not.  I don't see any new player to match Geno Hayes up with.  He was on the field a lot last year.

So I guess I am a little concerned about depth at LB.

Our presumptive 1st down guys would be Telvin Smith, Poz, and Skuta - but who is backing any of those guys up?  The only name that I recognize below those guys is LaRoy Reynolds, and he was behind both Hayes and Thomas last year. 

My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Behind Skuta POZ and Telvin it is very fuzzy who will be depth. I'd like to see a lot of speed with secondary specialty of pass rushing, coverage, and thumper in potential backups.

Hayes is still a free agent.  Maybe they bring him back.

Quote:Behind Skuta POZ and Telvin it is very fuzzy who will be depth. I'd like to see a lot of speed with secondary specialty of pass rushing, coverage, and thumper in potential backups.

Dave and Co seemed to be in love with Jeremiah George last season so I assume he will be the backup MLB. John Lotulelei will most likely be the backup WILL and Reynolds and Fortt will fight for the OTTO. It would not surprise me to see Dave to pick up another LB during camp or after roster cuts.

Quote:Dave and Co seemed to be in love with Jeremiah George last season so I assume he will be the backup MLB. John Lotulelei will most likely be the backup WILL and Reynolds and Fortt will fight for the OTTO. It would not surprise me to see Dave to pick up another LB during camp or after roster cuts.

I can say the same thing about all of the guys you name - they all failed to beat out Geno Smith for playing time.  Do we think that they just need another offseason to get better?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I can say the same thing about all of the guys you name - they all failed to beat out Geno Smith for playing time. Do we think that they just need another offseason to get better?

Ummm... John Lotulelei was on IR all last year and Jeremiah Goerge only played one week (in which he started) till he was lost to injury. LaRoy Reynolds has an uphill climb to make the roster but at the moment he is the best option at backup OTTO. Smith, Skuta, and Poz are locked in at starters so not sure what Geno Hayes (I assume that's who you are talking about) has anything to do with them. I'm sure Caldwell would've brought Hayes back if he wanted to.

Quote:Ummm... John Lotulelei was on IR all last year and Jeremiah Goerge only played one week (in which he started) till he was lost to injury. LaRoy Reynolds has an uphill climb to make the roster but at the moment he is the best option at backup OTTO. Smith, Skuta, and Poz are locked in at starters so not sure what Geno Hayes (I assume that's who you are talking about) has anything to do with them. I'm sure Caldwell would've brought Hayes back if he wanted to.

OK cool I didn't realize those two guys were injured.  I guess I feel better now.