Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
USFL trying to make a comeback

Quote:The NFL already has a developmental league. It's called the SEC.

That was good !!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Gotcha. I didn't realize you were talking about using players already under contract. Anyways wouldn't what you're talking be considered OTAs they already take part in, just with a focus solely on the passing game?

But with one advantage over OTAs; you get live competition against different opponents that are coached up to beat you, not just drill. Nothing beats competition for talent development.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:The Jacksonville Bulls success at the gate is how I became aware of Jacksonville as a very good option for an NFL team.   An early season game that they played at home against Herschel Walker and the New Jersey Generals felt like it had a playoff atmosphere when watching the game on TV.

The Bulls got hosed in that game, by the way. That FG was good!

As more and more college football turns to this Spread/Read/System/Running QBs style of play,, eventually it'll bleed into the NFL and start being the norm.

It might take a while as some of the NFL QBs are already entrenched into the game. But, as they start retiring and fading out,, we're going to see more of the RGIII, Manziel, Mariota, Tebow styled offenses. It's just a matter of time as long as the NCAA stays the "developmental league" for the NFL.

I like the idea of a developmental league, playing a shortened schedule after the draft. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The Bulls got hosed in that game, by the way. That FG was good!

There's a video of the game on YouTube.   Based on the COC,  I'm not sure if I can post the link.

In looking at the replay of the FG attempt,  a strong case can indeed be made that the FG attempt was successful.   

More than anything,  the video brought back memories of the crowd noise and the vision of Jacksonville as a very good choice for an NFL expansion team.

Why can't they convert college football into a quasi-professional league?  Take what already has a following and tweak it a bit.  What if a kid right out of high school has a choice to join a school either as a student or get drafted to a school as a professional?  Professional athletes get paid but have no real control over who they play for.  Then you set an age limit of something like 18-23 and change the rules so that it favors more pro-style schemes.  Yea I'm just throwing out ideas.   But this is the only solution I can think of.

So why WOULDN'T something like this work? 

Here's a walk down memory lane.  Don't pay attention to the video.  The music you are looking for starts at 1:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXhjgsTBH88

Memories,

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">