Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Multiple teams wanted to trade up for Fowler

Quote:It'll be interesting to track and compare the careers of Vic Beasley with the Falcons and Mario Edwards with the Raiders to Dante Fowler. All 3 teams think they have their long-term LEO rusher.

Gus Bradley vs Dan Quinn vs Ken Norton Jr should be equally as fun to watch.

This is interesting now that you bring it up. Will Del Rio run his Cover 2 defense or will he allow Norton to run the Cover 3 defense from Seattle?
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not a freakish size - only 6-1 IIRC. But you are right about the nonstop motor. That guy is super-competitive.
@ 266lbs and runs a 4.61  That is a freak

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:@ 266lbs and runs a 4.61  That is a freak

if the 40 is the only thing you look at, sure

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2015, 09:29 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:You're welcome. Head coach vs head coach right?

Well it is JDR.... I expect Ken Norton to be taking over in the foreseeable future.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:That's better. I got him mixed up with someone else.

Is the the old JaguarsWoman?  Has to be with that many posts.  Changed the name huh?

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2015, 10:38 PM by Jagwired'd.)

Not the first time someone wanted to draft the player we drafted. A lot of those players ended up being busts
THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:if the 40 is the only thing you look at, sure
That's not the thing you use or the only things you use to look at it, but to be at the size he is and to be that fast and powerful, yes, he's a freak athlete.

You are honestly just arguing to argue at this point.

Quote:Not the first time someone wanted to draft the player we drafted. A lot of those players ended up being busts

Well obviously, any player can bust. But under the Caldwell regime he's done pretty damn well at drafting. I certainly take his (as well as from the sounds of it quite a few other teams) thoughts on Fowler Jr. much more than some people trying to be pessimistic about our every move. Most everyone as far as analysts/scouts had high grades and viewed Fowler Jr. as one of if not the best defensive players in the draft.

Quote:That's better. I got him mixed up with someone else.

And he's 260. 

No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015, 12:45 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Quote:Well obviously, any player can bust. But under the Caldwell regime he's done pretty damn well at drafting. I certainly take his (as well as from the sounds of it quite a few other teams) thoughts on Fowler Jr. much more than some people trying to be pessimistic about our every move. Most everyone as far as analysts/scouts had high grades and viewed Fowler Jr. as one of if not the best defensive players in the draft.

For what it's worth we're getting really high marks from the "experts" and a lot of praise for the value we received through the entire draft. I'm trying to think of a draft where this last happened during the Jeans Miff era and I can only think of Blackmon, who we all know, bust.

No pain, no gain.

Praise from pundits is nice to hear and comments like that which came from the Redskins GM are encouraging but it's time to see all of this translate onto the field.  The season can't get here fast enough.

Quote:Smooth.

Ha!
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:if the 40 is the only thing you look at, sure

oh, looks like he listed the weight too
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Damn that FSU game was fantastic.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:@ 266lbs and runs a 4.61 That is a freak

His film looks like he's a man among boys. The guy just looks more developed physically than anyone else in the feild. Add to that his tenacity and tackling ability, and you have the potential for something special.

Quote:Not the first time someone wanted to draft the player we drafted. A lot of those players ended up being busts

He's fast but he has to learn to shed blocks he didn't do a lot of that at Florida. That's my only worry can he be taken out of the play if they square up on him?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I am confused which sounds better chris clemons being on the bench with Fowler Jr as LEO or Chris Clemons being the LEO and Odrick being on the bench with Fowler Jr on the opposite side combined with Marks trying to get at the QB up the middle & then you throw a Telvin Smith Blitz in the mix.... I feel bad for the opposing QBs..

The Redskins and the Falcons were interested in Dante Fowler and rumoured that they attempted to trade up to aquire him in this draft.

Quote:@ 266lbs and runs a 4.61  That is a freak
Drills in order of importance for DEs: 3 cone > Broad Jump > Vertical Jump > 10 yard split > Bench press > 40 Yard dash

Fowler vs tradiitonal DE: 3 cone (20th percentile), Broad Jump (35%), Vertical Jump (40%), 10 yard split (92%), Bench Press (13%), 40 yard dash (94%) 

Those numbers are misconstrued a bit because LEO isn't really a true DE, you have to kind of have to factor in some DE/LB hybrid to get the %s close enough. So Dante being undersized as a true DE helps him when he is viewed as a LEO. He lands on the big side of a LEO size list. On the flip side, however, those already pedestrian numbers at pure DE become even worse when you compare him to a hybrid type player. No matter how you slice it, Fowler comes up as a well below average athlete, especially in the drills that matter the most for his specific role.

Now, virtually all of the old school praise that Dave used to explain why they liked Fowler (tenacity, heavy hands, bad intentions, aggression, etc) have some kind of incalculable value I am sure, but they need to mean a lot more than we think cause below average production plus well below average athlete leaves a lot to overcome. 

KY knows best. Look at all them numberz. The NFL people don't know nothin'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]