Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts players not happy with Dorsett pick

I'm curious how our team matches up against the Colts now.  As long as our offense is improved from last year, I think our team is better than theirs is at the majority of positions.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:4.28? Big deal.  We got a 4.25 guy in UFA.
The Colts have 2 of them. That was my point.

Sorry you missed it.

Quote:The Colts have 2 of them. That was my point.

Sorry you missed it.

You do realise 40 time doesn't necessarily = good player, right?

Quote:You do realise 40 time doesn't necessarily = good player, right?
Yes

Quote:It happens. Several veteran members of the Steelers were against Ben R. during his rookie year. Then he played, they started winning, and then you don't hear anything but great things about him.

It was 1 offensive lineman that spoke out against Ben starting.  Nobody spoke out against the selection because they all knew Maddox had limitations and would only last another year or 2.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If I may, as a Colts fan and as a member of this forum, say that it has been evident that the Colts needed defensive help, especially along the D-line. Brown was available, and so was Landon Collins and yet Grigson elected to draft a WR. It was baffling, not because of who was drafted -- Phillip Dorsett is a heck of a player -- but because WR was already a position of strength. Grigson explained that they had a very high grade on Dorsett (in the mid teens) and a second round grade for Brown and Collins, and that to respect the integrity of their board which they spent months to put together, he had to choose the BPA because Dorsett was by far the best player available.  

We will soon see if Dorsett was worth the first round pick.

Malcolm Brown, Eddie Goldman, Landon Collins, and any number of offensive linemen would have been better picks for you guys than Dorsett.

I am not knocking Dorsett as a player, and I think his selection gives the Colts insane depth and versatility in the receiving corps.

But I think Brown, Goldman, Collins, et al would have helped you guys more.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!