Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Under more pressure this year, Bortles or Bradley?

Bortles is going into his second year as long as he shows some progression he is going to be just fine. Where as if the team shows just minor improvement from last year my guess is the end of the season willbe bad for the front office and coaching staff.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There's no pressure. Nobody expects playoffs or even a .500 record. As long as we're competitive, pressure is not a factor til next season

I disagree...it's clear Caldwell has gotten better a GM.  Nothing indicates that Bradley has as a coach.

Quote:I don't think that at this very moment either has any pressure on them. At this point, in the off-season, I think there's a lot of positivity and excitement.

I think if we start the season 0-5 or even 1-4, there's gonna be a ton of pressure on Gus.

This could have been said during last off-season as well.  I think Bradley's seat will be hot if his team doesn't show improvement this year.  Caldwell has built him a team, not it's all on the HC.

I think the minimum number of wins is six or so, although I think this team now has enough talent to go over .500.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

I think more pressure is on Gus.

He really needs to have a good season, not great, but definitely a good season.

Bortles is kind of the key though, if he has a good season, that will really help Gus.

If he doesn't have a good season, well, it might not end well for Gus, it will depend.

I do think Gus gets the whole season though, but that could change if we see something like an 0-8, 1-7 first half start.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I think as long as we don't start the season 0-8 again and show that we are competitive, Bradley will be fine.

Blake has to show that he's moved passed the rookie mistakes and has to show improvement. So I think right now, more pressure is on #5.

Quote:There's no pressure. Nobody expects playoffs or even a .500 record. As long as we're competitive, pressure is not a factor til next season
Couldn't disagree more.

If we start 0-8 again? Bradley is gone. If we start 2-6... he needed to finish the second half of the season with a winning record to keep his job,

bradley not even close

this guy hasn't proven he can coach for ****

Quote:This could have been said during last off-season as well. I think Bradley's seat will be hot if his team doesn't show improvement this year. Caldwell has built him a team, not it's all on the HC.

I don't know, last year we had a rookie qb and Chad henne under center. Gus was only in his second season, and the offence was pretty much a mess with rookies. There really wasn't much pressure still back then.

This year is a bit different. The rookies are no longer rookies, and the o line has been addressed. This team can't stumble out of the gate this year. Where as last year, there were still some reason to give Gus a pass...

That period of gus's tenure is pretty much over now. I think the first five games have two games we must win. If we start the season 2-3, I think we build on momentum fur the rest of the season...

A second year QB or a long time NFL coach/assit.?

Just might be the coach.
Blakes Life Matters