Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Undrafted Free Agents

hamlett is 6'7. cool. hopefully he develops into something

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Article about Christopher Reed signing...

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/sports/f...00791.html

'02

I've touched on all the new FAs above, only the last two weren't signed. So scratch Antonio Vaughan and Steven Jones.

'02

Grant intrigues me with his speed. His official Pro Day time came in at 4.26. An article discusses the scout times with most of them agreeing between 4.25 and 4.27. The fastest 40 for him was a "sub-4.2," so I'm thinking 4.19, and the slowest was a 4.34.

Grant's teammate Nick Marshall was his QB, but he's one of those guys with incredible athleticism wherein he can play many positions. He could probably make an NFL roster as a QB, RB, WR, OLB or CB, but I suspect the Jaguars are going to use him at FS.

And yeah the 6-7 TE appears loaded with talent, only he nearly retired due to injuries. It appears he made it over the hump and has re-dedicated himself to making it professionally. It would make for a great story should he manage to beat out one of our seventh round picks to make the roster.

'02

Cooper = Corey Grant?

Definitely intrigued by Nick Marshall at CB.

Quote:Cooper = Corey Grant?

Huh?

Just kidding...I edited it.

'02

Christopher Reed is the type of player Gene would have drafted in the third round lol. But on topic this is a solid UFA haul. Couple guys that may have a chance to make the 53 man roster. 

Eric Crume is an interesting player. He tended to dominate at his level, and he looks lean like he's in great shape, but he's 6-1, 300 (the Jaguars article is wrong...he's actually just a hair under 6-1) with I'm thinking laughable combine results (correct me if I'm wrong). I know that DTs don't have to be the greatest athletes, and he did lift 25 reps so he can handle his own in the weight room, but is there such a thing as results that are simply too bad to play in the NFL. I'm actually trying to think if I've seen worse numbers than these from a lineman on either side of the ball...

40-yard dash - 5.15 <--I have seen worse from OLs; this is ok for a big guy

vertical jump - 23" <--I don't recall seeing an NFL vert under 2' before

broad jump - 7' 9" <--maybe I haven't watched too many 300 lbs guys try this, but less than 8'? Big John at 308 topped 9'.

20-yard shuttle - 5.16

3- cone drill - 7.93

<p style="margin-left:40px;">http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsp...&genpos=DT

There was an article citing that he's incredibly explosive for a big guy inside, but it was more of a fan blog.

'02

The only undrafted free agent that intrigues me this year is Nick Marshall.  I don't think the rest have a shot this year.

Like Marshall, but don't get the CB transition. Marshall was an excellent QB with good arm strength. I was always impressed with his red zone reads.

Love to see them pick up Brandon Wegher for a try out.

Hmm..yeah. If Marshall impresses and makes the roster as a corner, he could also be used as an emergency QB and/or some kind of wildcat maybe? Him and D. Robinson on the field together. Nobody would know what's going on.

Quote:Hmm..yeah. If Marshall impresses and makes the roster as a corner, he could also be used as an emergency QB and/or some kind of wildcat maybe? Him and D. Robinson on the field together. Nobody would know what's going on.

Put the db out there on fourth down for a typical punt, then at the last second switch it up with him at qb. The defense would never suspect a thing.

'02

Mon frere 02, fantastic work here mate, and to all who contributed, cheers for the info.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Nick Marshall should be in the qb room
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Definitely intrigued by Nick Marshall at CB.

He obviously has the athletic ability and intelligence, and in their offense he had to make a lot of quick decisions, plus you add in that he knows something about how a QB thinks on the fly, so I am thinking he might be a candidate for FS.  

Quote:He obviously has the athletic ability and intelligence, and in their offense he had to make a lot of quick decisions, plus you add in that he knows something about how a QB thinks on the fly, so I am thinking he might be a candidate for FS.

Was watching an interview with Nick Marshall at the senior bowl and he noted that his main strength for playing defensive back was his ability to play press coverage. He went on to talk about his length allows him to play up on receivers. This makes me think they will keep him at corner.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...at-pro-day
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~