Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rashad Greene Baby lol

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Great pick the very few games I watched of FSU that guy was always making plays. He was pretty productive at FSU despite his size that he gets knocked for he didn't miss any starts. Great pick up

Love this pick. Great value. Constantly flashed in any FSU game I watched. Very reliable
No commercial messages in sigs

Returned punts, but not sure he's the answer there. He's a solid option that can get open.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I'm guessing rest of draft will be all defense/ST depth.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 02:03 PM by KYjaggy.)

Good solid and safe pick. Would have been happier with McBride (or obviously Bennett as non WR), but the value here is good. I'm glad he didn't go day 2 as many expected that was just too rich for his talent. He's gonna play in the league for a long time though.

[Image: PaXt849.gif]

The guy put up 2,500 yards receiving the last 2 years. We got him in the 5th round. 3rd round grade. Not too shabby.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 02:10 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:I'm guessing rest of draft will be all defense/ST depth.
I don't know. The days of looking for special teamers past the third round is over. I think David looks for guys who have starting potential later in the draft if they are developed over time. If there is a guy who has a third round grade on him in the sixth round I think he will draft them regardless of position. 

Hopefully that value is on defense. 

Terrible pick. What a reach! He's not 6'5 250 lbs! I've never watched a FSU game but he wasn't even that high on Mel Kipers board. 7th round pick at best. Excuse me while I go command an NFL franchise.

/sarcasm

Plus the dude is tough. He's small but I've seen him take some nasty hits and still get up.

Quote:He also dont pick UDFA they he love in the higher rounds like Gene 
Lol this too

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 02:13 PM by JiggyJagStar.)

Quote:One thing I can say about Caldwell is that he understands value in the later rounds. He doesn't draft guys who are rated to their respective rounds. He finds the guys who should have went a round or two earlier. 

Yeah I think we can stop worrying if they hired the right guy -- he might not always pick who we might like but when you step back and look at how his selections improve the roster, you just smile.  He's putting Blue Chip-level talent where we have needs.

excellent draft now

grade A

Great pick and a great value...

Ace Sanders is surely camp fodder and will not make the team.

Caldwell is a magician.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 02:27 PM by Billycool Jag.)

Awesome........he's been my favorite Nole since his freshman year.  He does something I've not seen other receivers do........he does this thing where he can turn and begin his run after-the-catch faster than anyone I've seen, before the catch is made, really.  I'll give you an example: In the Rose Bowl, on the game-winning drive, Rashad (who should've been game MVP, btw) took a short pass and turned it into a 50-yard+ gain that set up the winning score.  The thing is, where he caught the ball, there were two Auburn defenders in perfect position to make the tackle........but Rashad did this thing where he turns his hips and kinda starts running almost before the ball is there......it's the opposite of what we've all been taught, in terms of catch the ball first, then run, but he makes it work........anyway, at the same instant the ball is hitting his hands, he's already lightning-fast turned his hips to begin his run, and the two Auburn defenders are left grabbing air.

Love the pick, obviously.

This made me happy.

Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 02:50 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

Quote:I don't know. The days of looking for special teamers past the third round is over. I think David looks for guys who have starting potential later in the draft if they are developed over time. If there is a guy who has a third round grade on him in the sixth round I think he will draft them regardless of position. 

Hopefully that value is on defense. 

I hope you're right. I remember from the Gene days that rounds 4-7 seemed like an inconvenience to him. He just took a bunch of special teams prospects and packed up his bags. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I love this pick