Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AJ Cann, OG, South Carolina 3rd round pick

Quote:There is not a good FS in this draft. 

I liked Eric Rowe, but he went in the middle of round two.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Gus just said that AJ was the top player on their board. This sounds like a straight up BAP pick.
Yep, I believe that one.  I thought Cann would go in the top half of the 2nd, no later than Miami or New Orleans.

Haven't watched much of him but what little I've seen I like.

PJ Williams is still available.  If he drops to round 4, maybe we get another FSU star that dropped like we did with Telvin?

Put him at FS.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:PJ Williams is still available.  If he drops to round 4, maybe we get another FSU star that dropped like we did with Telvin?

Put him at FS.
I would actually like to see PJ @ FS... Never gave that a consideration. I wonder if he would translate well to that position.

Quote:PJ Williams is still available.  If he drops to round 4, maybe we get another FSU star that dropped like we did with Telvin?

Put him at FS.
I'll take Nick O-Leary at this point...dude could make immediate impacts and would take over for Lewis soon.

Titans are straight boom or bust with Mariota and DGB.

Like the Jags picks so far but kind of wish we had gone with Lockett.

Quote:I'll take Nick O-Leary at this point...dude could make immediate impacts and would take over for Lewis soon.

Hell no...

71 sacks last year...SEVENTY ONE.  Doesn't matter who the receivers are if the QB is on his back on all game. Good pick.

SOURCES TELL US
 "I see him as a left guard only prospect who overcomes lack of height with athleticism. I like the kid and the player." -- SEC East offensive coach "Nothing about him gets you really excited and nothing about him gets you really down. He's just a steady player and will probably be a 9 or 10 year starter. I'll take that." NFL offensive line coach
NFL COMPARISON
 Ben Grubbs
BOTTOM LINE
 Consistent four-year starter for the Gamecocks. He has technique issues that need to be coached up in pass protection, but he also has the talent to improve in that area. Powerful drive-blocker who uses leverage to fire out and generate instant movement in tight spaces. He is best-suited to a power scheme. Cann has the plug-and-play traits that could make him an instant starter
.  :thumbsup:
  Ninja 

Quote:Hell no...
Gator fan?

Quote:I'll take Nick O-Leary at this point...dude could make immediate impacts and would take over for Lewis soon.

This is your recommendation and you have the nerve to criticize Caldwell's picks?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Wait.....the safety who had a ton of INTs but people said he didn't tackle......is he still on the board?

Quote:Wait.....the safety who had a ton of INTs but people said he didn't tackle......is he still on the board?
Yes, Gerod Holliman.

Quote:Titans are straight boom or bust with Mariota and DGB.

Like the Jags picks so far but kind of wish we had gone with Lockett.

disagree.  You always go with the big guys ahead of short/small guys like Lockett.  Give me AJ Cann over Lockett any day of the week.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2015, 10:12 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Wait.....the safety who had a ton of INTs but people said he didn't tackle......is he still on the board?

Yes. Holliman.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I was actually thinking OG Laken Tomlinson could be our surprise pick at #36.  He might have been if Detroit didn't snatch him up in the 1st.  Pats might have taken him at 32 though.  

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2015, 10:13 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

Quote:Unless you had WR Jaelen Strong or RB Tevin Coleman (still dropping) rated higher. I can't believe the Texans got Strong at #70. That's even more of a steal than the Titans getting Beckham-Green at #40.

Unfortunately the rest of the division seems to be drafting well this year. I think Caldwell wants to see if any of the young trio of receivers breaks out this year before drafting more receivers early, but I would've preferred Devin Smith or Beckham in round 2. Here's hoping that Sammy Coates mysteriously drops to the Jags in round 4. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote:This is your recommendation and you have the nerve to criticize Caldwell's picks?
I'd hope I would be better if I was getting paid like him :thumbsup:

Caldwell said he felt he could find a safety in the later rounds. I fully expect us to draft one tomorrow.