Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2nd Round Pick 36 TJ Yeldon

Wow a lot of hate in this thread. Guessing it's a lot of Florida fans with just disdain for Bama.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Watch and feel better.

I feel a little better. He's definitely a one cut and go runner and that's what we've been looking for. DRob will complement nicely.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Throw in the towel

Quote:Kill me now. He's not even the 4th best RB available. Jay Ajayi, Duke Johsnon, Telvin Coleman, and Ameer Abdullah all better than this guy.

While I did prefer Ameer, I had TJ about even with Tevin and ahead of both Jay and Duke. He's actually on my top five... 1. Gurley 2. Gordon 3. Abdullah 4. Coleman 5. Yeldon. Last night I was saying the pick should be Abdullah or Coleman, but only because Yeldon was typically ranked in round three. Watching tape on Yeldon is fun. He's an impressive back, and I really don't get all the hate in this thread. It reminds me of all the hate thrown towards MJD when we drafted him. He's too small, etc, etc. MJD turned out alright.

'02

Quote:I must admit I do like that he can catch out the backfield quite well, gives Bortles another option
And he is by far that best blocking back in the draft, him and Ajayi, was the two who can catch and block 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Wow a lot of hate in this thread. Guessing it's a lot of Florida fans with just disdain for Bama.
Not hate, just want our team to be good.  The mediocrity horse has been dead for years now.

We have Bernard Pierce... so getting a RB with that high of a pick, and on Yeldon makes me scratch my head. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:The reason I could see yeldon being a good pick is because of his versatility.

He can catch, he has decent speed, he has good power for his size.

Pass protection is an issue, but if he fixes that, he's a do it all back. (And he does quite a bit very well.)

Personally I think it might have been a little high to get him, but obviously the guys inside the NFL know more than we do and Dave hasn't really let us down yet.

But we will learn a lot this year.

If healthy, he's an exciting player.

This is the exact same stuff people were saying about Gerhart.

Don't know what you guys are smoking, but TJ Yeldon is a solid pick up. He's going to be used as a third back not starter so what is the deal?

Quote:I'm OK with Ca;dwe;; being a needs based drafter. BUT the need has to line up with value, which was the case with Fowler, who was taken at roughly the right spot. Yeldon, though, was pegged to go anywhere from low 2nd to top 4th. There were several options at #36 that would've been great value. I hope Yeldon lights it up and proves me wrong, but this is the first Caldwell pick I'm highly disappointed in. Brings me back to the draft day feeling of the Shack and Gene Smith eras.
same here, dont like the pick

Hahahahahahah O this is classic.

Quote:While I did prefer Ameer, I had TJ about even with Tevin and ahead of both Jay and Duke. He's actually on my top five... 1. Gurley 2. Gordon 3. Abdullah 4. Coleman 5. Yeldon. Last night I was saying the pick should be Abdullah or Coleman, but only because Yeldon was typically ranked in round three. Watching tape on Yeldon is fun. He's an impressive back, and I really don't get all the hate in this thread. It reminds me of all the hate thrown towards MJD when we drafted him. He's too small, etc, etc. MJD turned out alright.

If you're right then we should see flashes this year.  It was clear early that MJD was going to be special.  We haven't seen anything special in a long time.

Quote:Don't know what you guys are smoking, but TJ Yeldon is a solid pick up. He's going to be used as a third back not starter so what is the deal?
We're not looking for a "third back" type production with the 36th pick of the draft...

We are not the New England Patriots... We need immediate starters with good production.

Quote:Wow a lot of hate in this thread. Guessing it's a lot of Florida fans with just disdain for Bama.
I'm a Gator fan and I like the pick, tho I would have picked him in the 3rd but word is Yeldon was a hot pick and we would have lost him, Him and Ajayi were the kinda of RBs we needed, can block and catch, AJayi knee might have scared us off

btw with all the crying over the Fowler pick I dont see how you can see its a lot of Gator fans around here

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Think he'll fit well with DRob

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Don't know what you guys are smoking, but TJ Yeldon is a solid pick up. He's going to be used as a third back not starter so what is the deal?

So, we shouldn't expect starters in round 2 lol?  Each team requires 22 starters for offense and defense?  Are we suppose to keep players for 22 years after we draft them in the first round to keep a starting roster?  Are you serious?

Quote:And he is by far that best blocking back in the draft, him and Ajayi, was the two who can catch and block

Good point that is true

Quote:Wonder what his 10 yard split was seems to have good burst

Yeldon posted a 1.63 10-yard split at the combine and then followed that up with a 1.57 10-yard split at his pro day. His 40-yard split at his pro day was a 4.52.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/playe.../tj-yeldon

I like how this site sums him up in their "In Our View" section...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">A ballcarrier with natural ability to do things most athletes can't, Yeldon is "Mr. Smooth" with his agility and movement skills (almost like he floats), making defenders miss all over the field with his shifty feet and redirection ability.

'02

Quote:While I did prefer Ameer, I had TJ about even with Tevin and ahead of both Jay and Duke. He's actually on my top five... 1. Gurley 2. Gordon 3. Abdullah 4. Coleman 5. Yeldon. Last night I was saying the pick should be Abdullah or Coleman, but only because Yeldon was typically ranked in round three. Watching tape on Yeldon is fun. He's an impressive back, and I really don't get all the hate in this thread. It reminds me of all the hate thrown towards MJD when we drafted him. He's too small, etc, etc. MJD turned out alright.

Yeldon is not a bad back. Here's the problem...what's the difference in TJ, Tevn, Duke, Jay, David, Abdullah? I'll see how this draft goes. But if one or two of these guys are sitting in the 3rd round, I'd absolutely hate this pick. Even more if one of these guys are available in the 4th.

LoL not sure if serious?