Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars select fowler

I've actually warmed to the pick. If the Raiders had raced up to the podium for Williams, I'd probably still be annoyed, but seeing the Raiders and Washington both pass (Washington with a reach for an O-lineman) does kind of make me think that Williams isn't actually the sure-fire stud he was made out to be, and Caldwell might actually know what he's doing better than some hack poster on a message board does.

Of course, that's two years in a row that Caldwell may have reached in the top three, and even though Joeckel was a consensus top-two pick in 2013, he hasn't exactly panned out. My greatest fear for Caldwell at this point is that he ends up drafting like Shack--bad results in the first round, good results everywhere else. Missing on all those first-rounders cost Shack his job, even though he found MJD in round two, and I'm hoping Caldwell's picks pan out well enough for him to not suffer the same fate and set the team back by another few years.

I do have more faith in Caldwell's drafting than I ever did Gene's, but that's not exactly a high bar to cross.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Who was more of an impact for their teams last year; Clowney/Mack or Watkins/ODB?

In terms of impact? From most to least...

Odell

Mack

Watkins

Clowney (INC)

I just don't see it. I love his motor and hands. I don't think he's got a huge list of pass-rush moves like Vic Beasley, but I suppose he holds up a lot better against the run. Which may make him more versatile when they throw him up the middle or around the edge.

He's probably a 7-9 sacks / year kind of guy. 

Quote:Had a feeling the fake traits like "bad intentions" would lead to Fowler being the pick. Hope Big Draft about all that silly immeasurable stuff, cause Fowler has a pretty big athletic barrier to break through to be a star.

He's bigger and faster than most of the other D-Lineman in the draft..

Quote:It's very obvious to me that Dave had to decide between Fowler and Cooper. I'm sure Dave wanted Cooper, but went with Fowler because of Gus. I think it was the wrong pick. We drafted Bortles last year and proceeded to be decimated at the WR position because of injuries and inexperience. I really believe that this offseason should've been entirely about making sure Bortles was surrounded with talent. Derek Carr was the guy who looked like he should've been the 3rd overall pick last year, and now he has a fantastic new weapon to use. Bortles? Well, let's at least hope injury doesn't mangle our WR corps like it does every other year.

I agree that we can't afford to have any injury or we put ourselves in a bad place. But Dave did sign one of the best tight ends in the game, and the draft isn't over. There will be offense added

this is nothing more than personal speculation. there was nothing that would lead any of us to believe that except thoughts made up in your own head. 

<p class="" style="font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Treestone Ice, on 01 May 2015 - 04:22 AM, said:<a class="" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=478790'>[Image: snapback.png]</a>

Quote:It's very obvious to me that Dave had to decide between Fowler and Cooper. I'm sure Dave wanted Cooper, but went with Fowler because of Gus. I think it was the wrong pick. We drafted Bortles last year and proceeded to be decimated at the WR position because of injuries and inexperience. I really believe that this offseason should've been entirely about making sure Bortles was surrounded with talent. Derek Carr was the guy who looked like he should've been the 3rd overall pick last year, and now he has a fantastic new weapon to use. Bortles? Well, let's at least hope injury doesn't mangle our WR corps like it does every other year.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Man all this Vic Beasley love is nauseating. That bum took plays off and disappeared all the time. Say what you want about Fowler but the guy gives his all every snap and even in Bowl games that didn't matter.

He needs to pick his # so I can get his jersey.

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Quote:I just don't see it. I love his motor and hands. I don't think he's got a huge list of pass-rush moves like Vic Beasley, but I suppose he holds up a lot better against the run. Which may make him more versatile when they throw him up the middle or around the edge.

He's probably a 7-9 sacks / year kind of guy.

I know next to nothing about Beasley... can he line up all across the d line the way Fowler is touted to be capable of?

I love all these people who can't let go of Beasley. The Falcons are getting ripped on for taking him when THEY did as a reach, and you wanted us to take him at 3? The fact is he's a 1 trick pony. He stinks against the run, takes plays off etc. Fowler will be on the field for every down, from 1st to the lightning package.

Quote:I've actually warmed to the pick. If the Raiders had raced up to the podium for Williams, I'd probably still be annoyed, but seeing the Raiders and Washington both pass (Washington with a reach for an O-lineman) does kind of make me think that Williams isn't actually the sure-fire stud he was made out to be, and Caldwell might actually know what he's doing better than some hack poster on a message board does.

Of course, that's two years in a row that Caldwell may have reached in the top three, and even though Joeckel was a consensus top-two pick in 2013, he hasn't exactly panned out. My greatest fear for Caldwell at this point is that he ends up drafting like Shack--bad results in the first round, good results everywhere else. Missing on all those first-rounders cost Shack his job, even though he found MJD in round two, and I'm hoping Caldwell's picks pan out well enough for him to not suffer the same fate and set the team back by another few years.

I do have more faith in Caldwell's drafting than I ever did Gene's, but that's not exactly a high bar to cross.
Dante Fowler wasn't a reach.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Has anybody made a "His nickname should be Dante's Inferno!!!" yet?

Anyone got a good highlight link?  The one on Jaguars.com is terrible.  About 15 seconds of actual football and 1 minute of showboating.  I love the kid's personality but is he a guaranteed Pro-Bowler for the 3rd overall?

Quote:Anyone got a good highlight link?  The one on Jaguars.com is terrible.  About 15 seconds of actual football and 1 minute of showboating.  I love the kid's personality but is he a guaranteed Pro-Bowler for the 3rd overall?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay5WbSSPjV0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0A0xHegz1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NaIBfUBvdQ

Thats 3 full games from 2014. He has another game from 2013 on youtube as well, but he was a lot smaller then and its not really worth seeing how bad he was in 2013 as he clearly progressed a lot.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Quote:Fowler is what we needed more. Williams is a good interior guy. We need a explosive edge rusher
They thought Harvey had a wicked first step too and he was a terrible bust. That is my worry, repeat. The one thing I really liked is when he talked to Deion and said Look good, feel good, play good..... Look good feel good is right I hope he isn't a playing poser. If he plays hard and stays focused he will really open up the door for Telvin to be even more of a playmaker. Good chance of being a dominate side...... WOOOwoooo  

Something that stands out to me is him having 14 sacks in his career and how long did he go to school there. I hope he didn't have 14 sacks in 4 years. NFL gets 14 sacks in a season if you're good. If I am wrong then ok sorry but just not sure.

Quote:Something that stands out to me is him having 14 sacks in his career and how long did he go to school there. I hope he didn't have 14 sacks in 4 years. NFL gets 14 sacks in a season if you're good. If I am wrong then ok sorry but just not sure.

Hr didn't start all 4 years.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Something that stands out to me is him having 14 sacks in his career and how long did he go to school there. I hope he didn't have 14 sacks in 4 years. NFL gets 14 sacks in a season if you're good. If I am wrong then ok sorry but just not sure.
Again, JJ Watt had about 10 in college. Derek Harvey had 20. Who would you rather have?

Quote:Again, JJ Watt had about 10 in college. Derek Harvey had 20. Who would you rather have?

This is probably the easiest question to answer in a long time on this MB.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:They made the pick real quick. Caldwell got his guy. Best player in the draft. Looks like there was no trade down value. The Leo position is filled
He makes sense at LEO but he could also be a good SAM if Skuta doesnt work out... just saying..