Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 Draft Luncheon

Can Thursday hurry up and get here?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015, 01:34 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Side note. The Jags posted a photo of Paul McCartney wearing a Jags hat and another tweet that Paul was asking Peyton Manning questions about the Jags.

Quote:And you got that how?

Just a gut call nothing scientific.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Cooper, Robinson, Hurns, Lee

Wow. Young and talented group that would be.

You could have Thomas, Cooper, Robinson and Lee all on the field at the same time, that would be a nightmare to cover.

Quote:You could have Thomas, Cooper, Robinson and Lee all on the field at the same time, that would be a nightmare to cover.

Scary potential right there..

All depends on Blake, though.
Shock the world

Cooper it is.

Just my opinion here, but my interpretation of it is that it is not Cooper due to the draft class being deep. To me, a deep class means that you can get comparable value later, so you can hold off on that position until a later round. That's nothing more than me maybe seeing what I want to see, but that's my interpretation.

Also, I think that the guy they are targeting is Williams. "Can't have enough big bodies" to me is what seals it.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Just my opinion here, but my interpretation of it is that it is not Cooper due to the draft class being deep. To me, a deep class means that you can get comparable value later, so you can hold off on that position until a later round. That's nothing more than me maybe seeing what I want to see, but that's my interpretation.

Also, I think that the guy they are targeting is Williams. "Can't have enough big bodies" to me is what seals it.

I thought of this as well. Williams just seems like a really good fit also. We can line him up all over the place and I like that he doesn't have to play all game long right off the bat and also learn from the vets.
Shock the world

Quote:Just my opinion here, but my interpretation of it is that it is not Cooper due to the draft class being deep. To me, a deep class means that you can get comparable value later, so you can hold off on that position until a later round. That's nothing more than me maybe seeing what I want to see, but that's my interpretation.

The week before the draft is opposite day.

Quote:The week before the draft is opposite day.

My take as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I'm surprised they haven't received any trade calls this close to the draft.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015, 02:32 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:The week before the draft is opposite day.

I would argue that with Caldwell generally isn't that way. If anything, he's simply vague and allows people to draw out their own conclusions.

Besides, this is my pipe dream so keep your reality out of it.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'm surprised they haven't received any trade calls this close to the draft.

Maybe they have...

Caldwell did say at the owners meetings in Arizona that he has received interest for the pick so...
Shock the world

Quote:I'm surprised they haven't received any trade calls this close to the draft.

Remember it's opposite day or week, he said we received no calls means we've got at least 1 call or interested party!

Quote:I would argue that with Caldwell is generally isn't. If anything, he's simply vague and allows people to draw out their own conclusions.

Besides, this is my pipe dream so keep your reality out of it.

I can't remember him dropping any indications about Bortles last year. Which is why him dropping hints about going for a big body just rules out all the big bodies for me.

@ryanohalloran: Recap from #Jaguars pre-draft presser (reading between the lines edition):

1. Be surprised if they trade down from 3.

@ryanohalloran: 2. Caldwell expects run on WRs to be in round 1 this year, expects run on RBs to "maybe" round 2, but if not, round 3. #Jaguars

@ryanohalloran: 3. #Jaguars mantra since Dec. 29 with coaching changes, Thomas signing = help Bortles succeed. To me, that equals WR at 3.

@ryanohalloran: 4.Caldwell said about 200 players are on the #Jaguars board.

@ryanohalloran: 5. On RB front, Caldwell said class is so deep, teams will take good ones all the way into fifth round. #Jaguars

@ryanohalloran: 6. When Gregory visited here earlier this month, Gus said failed drug test/shoddy decision making wasn't a big topic of conversation.

@ryanohalloran: 7. Next year's pre-draft presser will be boring when #Jaguars are selecting 32nd.

@ryanohalloran: 8. With Lewis contract now on the books, #Jaguars are at $40,070,467 of cap space.

Quote:Boom...

@APMarkLong: Reading between the lines at Jaguars pre-draft availability: WR Amari Cooper more in play than many thought
http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...ntry472441

I mocked Cooper to the Jags in my mock draft yesterday. I know Caldwell would really like to give Blake as many weapons as possible and seems to like drafting on the offensive side of the ball in the first round.

I might be way off the mark though.

Quote:I can't remember him dropping any indications about Bortles last year. Which is why him dropping hints about going for a big body just rules out all the big bodies for me.

Both him and Gus actually dropped hints leading to the draft. Granted, we had a HUGE need at QB, so a lot of the attention was on that position, and almost every interview was "what are you going to do at quarterback?"

I'm trying to recall what the actual "buzz words were" but I can't recall right now. In either case, Gus repeated the "buzz words" when talking about Blake.

The "misdirection" came from Dave, especially closer to the draft, proclaiming that Manziel was the "most pro ready" QB in the draft. I think a lot of us who really looked at these QBs scoffed at that comment, but some ran away with it (which led to some mocks late having us going with Manziel)

Its hard to get a feel this season, because we can go a multitude of ways. But the buzz word, IMO....is what Gus talks about, and that he wants guys who loves football.

From what I've seen/read, that would fit Williams, Cooper, and Fowler (caveat: i'm not saying Beasley and the others don't fit. I just haven't dug into that aspect in their case)

Quote:@ryanohalloran: Recap from #Jaguars pre-draft presser (reading between the lines edition):

1. Be surprised if they trade down from 3.

@ryanohalloran: 2. Caldwell expects run on WRs to be in round 1 this year, expects run on RBs to "maybe" round 2, but if not, round 3. #Jaguars

@ryanohalloran: 3. #Jaguars mantra since Dec. 29 with coaching changes, Thomas signing = help Bortles succeed. To me, that equals WR at 3.

@ryanohalloran: 4.Caldwell said about 200 players are on the #Jaguars board.

@ryanohalloran: 5. On RB front, Caldwell said class is so deep, teams will take good ones all the way into fifth round. #Jaguars

@ryanohalloran: 6. When Gregory visited here earlier this month, Gus said failed drug test/shoddy decision making wasn't a big topic of conversation.

@ryanohalloran: 7. Next year's pre-draft presser will be boring when #Jaguars are selecting 32nd.

@ryanohalloran: 8. With Lewis contract now on the books, #Jaguars are at $40,070,467 of cap space.

With OHalloran I never know if his predictions are what he thinks the team will do or what he thinks they should do

;

;

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/9170-2015-mock-drafts/page-33#entry472441'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/9170-2015-mock-drafts/page-33#entry472441</a>

I mocked Cooper to the Jags in my mock draft yesterday. I know Caldwell would really like to give Blake as many weapons as possible and seems to like drafting on the offensive side of the ball in the first round.

I might be way off the mark though.

I'd like to see us draft Amari as well. I think it gives Blake a talented receiving core to develop with. Amari, Robinson, Lee, Hurns, and Sanders, plus Lewis and Thomas, gives Blake enough weapons to take a big step forward next season. And if we got Blackmon back, the depth gets better.