Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 Draft Luncheon

Quote:I'm surprised they haven't received any trade calls this close to the draft.
That doesn't mean they haven't talked to other teams.

It means they didn't receive any calls.

They may have placed some calls to some teams.

It doesn't mean they won't get any calls, either.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe they got emails

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Drafting amari is not going to make bortles less trash

Draft a receiver when we don't have a defensive line sounds good

Quote:Draft a receiver when we don't have a defensive line sounds good

don't have a defensive line? mmmkaaay.

possibly our best position group is D-Line.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I suggest you check out a Jag game sometime.

Interesting take

;

;

Didn't we finish top 5 in sacks?
Shock the world

Quote:That doesn't mean they haven't talked to other teams.

I know. If anything were to happen I would expect it to go down while they were on the clock anyways.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015, 03:36 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:don't have a defensive line? mmmkaaay.

possibly our best position group is D-Line.
We were last in pressure with senderrick and roy. Marks just tore his acl and miller has meniscus problems, on top of that we have trot out the corpse of chris clemons once again. So I'm gonna have to disagree.

Quote:I know. If anything were to happen I would expect it to go down while they were on the clock anyways.
Well...Frangie just explained why the Jaguars wouldn't call...namely they would lose all the leverage in trade negotiations.

That makes sense.

He was also saying that based upon what Caldwell was saying, Caldwell would rather have the one great player for this team than 2-3 different good players, which makes trading down less likely.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

It does kind of make sense. Get that true #1 receiver now while we have a young QB, build that chemistry so years down the road we can load up on Defsense since the offense 'should' be in great shape. They're still building here and they've repeatedly said "Give Blake weapons". It could be defense, but Amari does make a lot of sense.

Quote:Both him and Gus actually dropped hints leading to the draft. Granted, we had a HUGE need at QB, so a lot of the attention was on that position, and almost every interview was "what are you going to do at quarterback?"

I'm trying to recall what the actual "buzz words were" but I can't recall right now. In either case, Gus repeated the "buzz words" when talking about Blake.

The "misdirection" came from Dave, especially closer to the draft, proclaiming that Manziel was the "most pro ready" QB in the draft. I think a lot of us who really looked at these QBs scoffed at that comment, but some ran away with it (which led to some mocks late having us going with Manziel)

Its hard to get a feel this season, because we can go a multitude of ways. But the buzz word, IMO....is what Gus talks about, and that he wants guys who loves football.

From what I've seen/read, that would fit Williams, Cooper, and Fowler (caveat: i'm not saying Beasley and the others don't fit. I just haven't dug into that aspect in their case)

I thought Dave proclaimed that Teddy was the "most pro ready" QB in the draft last year.

Or is my old mind playing tricks on me again?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I thought Dave proclaimed that Teddy was the "most pro ready" QB in the draft last year.

Or is my old mind playing tricks on me again?

He said all the quarterbacks needed seasoning, but Manziel was most pro-ready.
Shock the world

I hope we select Cooper. A difference maker on OFFENSE!

Quote:He said all the quarterbacks needed seasoning, but Manziel was most pro-ready.

OH, damn mind.

I do remember him saying all the QBs needed seasoning though.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Dave didnt give us anything but what he want us to hear

Him saying we can find a good rb in round 4 and 5, he prob means it but he is not gonna say we want to find a franchise rb in round 1 and 2, which would then give teams motive to jump the jags in round 2 and get the best RB on the board.

That is all Dave is doing, give you the truth but not giving you all the facts

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Good stuff here HolsterHusto.

Keep it coming!

Guessing the 3-5 payers are:

Williams, Fowler, Beasley, Cooper, White.

I could be wrong though. Just saying...........
For me it's been down to Williams, Fowler, Cooper and Beastley for weeks now.

Williams is probably more of a luxury pick for us, considering our depth on the DL. The other 3 would definitely be the "difference maker type of player" Caldwell mentioned.

Quote:For me it's been down to Williams, Fowler, Cooper and Beastley for weeks now.

Williams is probably more of a luxury pick for us, considering our depth on the DL. The other 3 would definitely be the "difference maker type of player" Caldwell mentioned.

Same here.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:That doesn't mean they haven't talked to other teams.

Caldwell never calls other teams. Someone needs to explain to him that telephones work in both directions.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"