Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Franchise Four

Garrard, freddy t, meester, lewis
All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Coughlin, Freddy, Mojo, Boselli

Tony Bosselli, Fred Taylor, Jimmy Smith, Rashean Mathis

Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Quote:Tony Boselli. Fred Taylor, Jimmy Smith, Mark Brunell
I agree first 4 right here.

Fred Taylor

Tony Boselli

Those are our only legit players to end up on the Mount Rushmore of Jags

Vic Ketchman

Jackson D'Ville

Consolation prizes until we get some more talent.

Gene Smith Wallbash Wallbash

Gabbert  Wallbash Wallbash

Alfie Wallbash

Frangie - the voice of the Jags  Wallbash

Quote:Boselli, Freddy T, MOJO, J Smith
This

Quote:Fred Taylor

Tony Boselli

Those are our only legit players to end up on the Mount Rushmore of Jags

Vic Ketchman

Jackson D'Ville

Consolation prizes until we get some more talent.

Jimmy doesn't make it?

One of these years.............

Jimmy Smith, Mark Brunell, Tony Boselli, Tony Brackens

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Jimmy Smith, Mark Brunell, Tony Boselli, Tony Brackens
You gotta put Fred in there.

Jimmy, Fred, and Boseli are sure  fire.  The 4th is more difficult.  Not sure if you put Brunell or MoJo in there.

One of these years.............

In this order: Taylor, Boselli, Jimmy Smith, Tony Brackens (still the franchise leader in sacks).

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Jimmy doesn't make it?

The case could be made for Jimmy.  I like him, and, in all honesty, I can admit I'm being snobbish with my selections.  This is all subjective, but my personal criteria for the two I chose was which Jaguars would be drafted in a 32 team fantasy draft that had every player to play the game.  Jimmy would easily make it if you had 3 WR spots, but I believe, injuries aside, that both Freddy T and Tony Boselli would be an unquestioned starter at their respective positions in that scenario.  Not sure J Smooth would.

Truly, though, if I had to pick 4, Jimmy Smith would be on it, as well as MJD.  

Tony Boselli, Fred Taylor, Jimmy Smith, Mark Brunell.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Jimmy doesn't make it?
Hmmm Why you think that? He is the best WR the jaguars ever had.

My opinion?

Tony Boselli...best tackle in the entire league for just about his entire time playing with us

Fred Taylor...ranks #15 on the all-time list for total rushing yards and was the best running back we ever had

the other two spots are much harder to figure out.  I'd choose Jimmy Smith and Mark Brunell since they were key players for us during the years when we were great.  Both Brackens and Mathis could be in the mix for these two spots as well. 

Not MDJ, though.  No shortage of love, however, for a guy who ranks #45 for all-time rushing list.  The premier back on mediocre-to-bad team rosters that went 26-54 and never made the playoffs.  Later, became a malcontent as his skill and speed diminished (due to injuries and playing fat).  Sure, his 1606 rushing yds was good enough to win the rushing title one year when JDR pretty much gave him the ball on every offensive play because the offensive line was about the only good thing he had to work with.  How many 1000+ yd seasons did he have in his career?  Only three.  For comparison, Fred Taylor had seven 1000+ yd seasons.  I do think Mojo was a good player, but not good enough to be considered one of the top four.  With his stats he wouldn't be in consideration for the top four on any other team, either.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Objectively

J. Smith, F. Taylor, T. Boselli, M. Brunell

J Smith- Best WR in Jags history.

F Taylor- Best Rb in Jags history.

M Brunell- Best QB in Jags history. (Twice got the Jags to the AFCCG, one game from the SB)

All 3 of those are skill positions. Until a player comes along at one of those 3 positions that is better then those guys, those are my surefire 3. As far as the 4th Jag to go up there with them, that ones not so surefire, at least for me anyway.

You could make a great case for T. Boselli, T. Coughlin and Mojo (but that's mostly for those who didn't get to watch Freddy T play in his prime)

I'm torn between Tony B and Tom C, by far the best Head Coach in Jags history. 

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Tony, Fred, Wayne, Shahid

I'd have to agree with this.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I'm going to do a "classic" approach.

Boselli, Taylor, Brunell, Smith

LT QB RB and WR from the best Jag years really.

Busts of busts?

Harvey, Gabbert, Soward, Williams

The trade ups, the top ten selections... the wasted years...