Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What are your top 5 worse moments in Jaguars history?

Quote:This has to be number 1.

Especially after taking the lead into halftime.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

5. Patriots beat the Jaguars in 2005 Wildcard game

4. Jets beat the Jaguars in the 1998 AFC Division Championship

3. Patriots beat the Jaguars in the 2007 AFC Division Championship

2. Patriots beat the Jaguars in the 1996 AFC Championship

1. Titans beat the Jaguars in the 1999 AFC Championship

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Reggie Barlow dropping the punt giving Titans a cheap FG and giving them momentum into the 2nd half which they used to blow out the team.  I was sitting in my seats in the SW corner and it happened right in front of me...  

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2015, 05:52 AM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:titans loss in 1999

second titans loss in 1999

the divisional loss to the titans in 1999

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

nothing else matters.

screw the tacks

You beat me to it.   The loss to the Titans in the AFC Championship Game was the most painful loss (to me) ever, by far.  That loss hurt for a year.   Nothing else comes close.  

But if there was one single moment from that game, it was sitting in the South end zone with our team on about their own 3 yard line right in front of me, and watching the Titans' defensive tackles bull rush our offensive guards right back into Brunell for a safety.  

Losing to the Titans has to be #1... The only thing that even comes close is taking a punter in the 3rd. Then again, you can just lump the punter in with Gene.

Quote:Gene Draft #1

Gene Draft #2

Gene Draft #3

Gene Draft #4

2nd half of the Titans playoff game

GREATEST..........RESPONSE......EVER!!!!!!

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Watching McNair just seemingly carve up the Defense in the Second Half of "that" game. It just seemed like the team had an answer for everything else Tennessee did, just not McNair.

Hearing that Boselli was going to be unprotected for the Expansion Draft. Yeah, his career was essentially over at that point and the team was mired in losing seasons as well, but that was the nail in the coffin. That marked the point where I was highly suspect of any moves that Coughlin made, not because of the Boselli move, but the things that led up to that decision.

Watching Jack Del Rio try and throw Koetter under the bus after a few losses. Just a pathetic way to handle a situation and it made me embarrassed that he was part of the program. That one was an absolute terrible moment.

When Leftwich's ankle got rolled up on in the Arizona game back in '04. He was juuuuust getting into a groove and the team had a seemingly easy schedule from that point on. I'll always wonder just how far back that injury pushed him because he was finally starting to make some moves.

Hearing that Fred was going to be released. He didn't need to go. The team needed some hope and it is painfully obvious now that Smith had nothing to offer in that department. It just hurt watching him go.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:1999 losing to the Titans 3 times that years is hands down the worst.

We had the best team in the NFL
The Jags were not the best team in the NFL.  Two of those losses to the Tacks were blow outs.  

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2015, 01:19 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:Watching McNair just seemingly carve up the Defense in the Second Half of "that" game. It just seemed like the team had an answer for everything else Tennessee did, just not McNair.

Watching Jack Del Rio try and throw Koetter under the bus after a few losses. Just a pathetic way to handle a situation and it made me embarrassed that he was part of the program. That one was an absolute terrible moment.

When Leftwich's ankle got rolled up on in the Arizona game back in '04. He was juuuuust getting into a groove and the team had a seemingly easy schedule from that point on. I'll always wonder just how far back that injury pushed him because he was finally starting to make some moves.
I was ready to puke after McNair's long run in the 4th quarter to a pretty much empty middle of the field. I could very well have set a personal record for expletives uttered in a short timespan.

Not saying the end result would have been any different, but the timing on that Leftwich injury did suck. He had just put together a nice string of games and they had won 5 of 6.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Having the Leftwich pick up there and not Gabbert boggles my mind, Gabbert pick ruined the franchise, we got better after drafting Leftwich.

Yes 1999 Titans is the worst  

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

The Firing of Tom Coughlin

The Hiring of Shack Harris

The Hiring of JDR

The Hiring of Gene Smiff

The Hiring of Gus Bradley

Quote:Having the Leftwich pick up there and not Gabbert boggles my mind, Gabbert pick ruined the franchise, we got better after drafting Leftwich.

Yes 1999 Titans is the worst  

I guess I read it as the worst points in time which I consider as "memories". I wasn't upset when we drafted Gabbert, but I was upset when I saw him fail over and over and over again. I was upset when I saw Leftwich go down because in that moment, it was very disheartening.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:titans loss in 1999

second titans loss in 1999

the divisional loss to the titans in 1999

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

nothing else matters.

screw the tacks
Haha. 

Yeah.  This ^  plus Fred's injuries and that's my list. 

Yeah the Titans losses were awful and so demoralizing.

Fred's groin pull and how he was treated the rest of the year was awful.

Tim Couch hail mary was very painful.

The end of the Miracle run

NE

TD

12:36

Otis Smith 47 fumble return (Adam Vinatieri Kick)

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:The Jags were not the best team in the NFL. Two of those losses to the Tacks were blow outs.

Well they did have our playbook.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:5. Matt Jones drop vs Cleveland as time expired

4. Jerome Bettis scores in overtime to seal the win

3. Brunell gets injured in preseason vs Giants

2. Baltimore lets time expire in 03 draft, we draft Leftwich instead of Suggs

1. Northcutt drops pass in New England during playoffs.

What are yours?
How is losing to the Titans 3 time in one season and in the AFC Championship nonetheless, not #1?

• Ravens @ Steelers 2002 (PIT 34-31)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2009 (TEN 30-13)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2012 (TEN 38- 20)
  • Colts @ Jaguars 2013 (IND 37-3)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2014 (TEN 16-14)
  • Panthers @ Jaguars 2015 (CAR 20-9)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2015 (TEN 42-39)

Quote:The Jags were not the best team in the NFL.  Two of those losses to the Tacks were blow outs.  
Because the Titans had our playbook.

Who are you?

How were they not?

Who was the #1 seed in the AFC?

Who had the better defense?

Who had the better WR's?

Who had the better running back?

The Titans got to the AFC championship game on a FLUKE play (lateral). 

Stop trolling.

The Rams vs Jags would have been amazing.

If your saying the Rams were better, we will never know.

Quote:The Firing of Tom Coughlin

The Hiring of Shack Harris

The Hiring of JDR

The Hiring of Gene Smiff

The Hiring of Gus Bradley

Hiring of GB?  Really?

Huh

Quote:Hiring of GB?  Really?

I was not happy with the choice at the time with the hiring, but it wouldn't make my list. It's not even the worst coaching hire. That would be Mularkey.

#1 Is the playoff loss to the tacks. There can be no other #1.

... (way below that) ...

#2 Cutting Leftwich. It turned out for the best, but I sure didn't think so at the time.

#3 The Reggie Williams pick. After swearing he was a BAP drafter, Shack Harris reached for need high in the first round.

#4 The River City Relay. That worst moment only lasted about 30 seconds.

#5 Boselli in the expansion draft. Once again, not the horrible decision I thought it was at the time.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Banger was Gene's best draft pick. Only starter getting an extension

Nine seasons of JDR should be in the top five