Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poz gets 1 Year Extension

Quote:Go watch week 1 at PHI. He repeatedly chased down Leseasn McCoy.

Chased down. So when McCoy was making a move, he tackled him from behind?

Next...

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2015, 03:47 PM by Bpagz01.)

Not sure what this means but according to ESPN the top 5 by tackles plus Poz

Maybe not “fast” but sure is efficient.

Table didn't convert well….sorry.

Basically the stats say he makes 9.9 tackles per game (in an abbreviated season).

Right in line with the top LB’s in the league.

#1 Luke Kuechly, LB - 9.6

#2 DeAndre Levy, LB – 9.4

#3 Lavonte David, LB – 10.4

#4 Curtis Lofton, LB – 9.1

#5 Paul Worrilow, LB – 8.9

#115 Paul Posluszny, LB – 9.9

I'm not sure I’d call that a liability.

Quote:Not sure what this means but according to ESPN the top 5 by tackles plus Poz

Maybe not “fast” but sure is efficient.

Table didn't convert well….sorry.

Basically the stats say he makes 9.9 tackles per game (in an abbreviated season).

Right in line with the top LB’s in the league.

#1 Luke Kuechly, LB - 9.6

#2 DeAndre Levy, LB – 9.4

#3 Lavonte David, LB – 10.4

#4 Curtis Lofton, LB – 9.1

#5 Paul Worrilow, LB – 8.9

#115 Paul Posluszny, LB – 9.9

I'm not sure I’d call that a liability.

He is NOT a liability.   Anyone who sits in that stadium and has eyes can see how much he does for our defense. 

This is why Dave Caldwell will keep 3-13 type records for the foreseeable future. Give a 30 year old slow linebacker 3 more years to get even slower on your team. Whatever though because come this year if they don't start winning, the front office and coaching staff will start to being replaced. Moves like this will assist in that and speed up the process. Give M. Lewis a 2 year extension will you're at it Dave.

Quote:This is why Dave Caldwell will keep 3-13 type records for the foreseeable future. Give a 30 year old slow linebacker 3 more years to get even slower on your team. Whatever though because come this year if they don't start winning, the front office and coaching staff will start to being replaced. Moves like this will assist in that and speed up the process. Give M. Lewis a 2 year extension will you're at it Dave.

It is a one year extension. And Poz will now be making less in three years than he would have in two years. Big deal.

;

;

Quote:This is why Dave Caldwell will keep 3-13 type records for the foreseeable future. Give a 30 year old slow linebacker 3 more years to get even slower on your team. Whatever though because come this year if they don't start winning, the front office and coaching staff will start to being replaced. Moves like this will assist in that and speed up the process. Give M. Lewis a 2 year extension will you're at it Dave.

The force is strong in this one.

Quote:Im not upset about the extension. Im just lost at the explanation from some of the posters here.

Can anybody PLEASE show me where his speed is at? Im just asking. I would like proof.

I'm still looking for James Farrior's & Larry Foote's speed.  Oh wait, they had solid careers because they didn't have to compensate for below average OLBs since they had Harrison & Woodley.  

What kind of speed do you want our MLB to really have and please name me 1 MLB that can cover Antonio Gates and do the things we expected of Poz?

OMG ....as I really sticking up for this PSU dude.  I need to go to confession.

Quote:The force is strong in this one.

You have a funny way of spelling odor.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2015, 05:07 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

If a person has a 2 year contract and you tear it up and give him a 3 year contract, he actually has 1 more year.

I was expecting this thread to be full of Poz-bashing, so it's been good to read so many positive comments.

Are there better MLBs out there ? Of course there are. But he is far from being the weak link some people believe he is.

And I'm not convinced any of the MLBs in the draft (apart from Kendricks) would be a significant improvement. This deal makes a lot of sense. And when we do find our MLB of the future he will be perfect as the experienced player who eases that rookie into the side.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2015, 05:38 PM by KYjaggy.)

I understand there is some incalculable value to his leadership (veteran presents!), but purely on the field he is average at best to major liability in nearly every facet. Average at best two down thumper type, who is completely exposed in coverage. There just is no way around that. He also ain't getting any better at this age, so it's all downhill from here. I'm fine that he's sticking around, but he is now one of the most important upgrades needed on our starting lineup. 

Quote:I was expecting this thread to be full of Poz-bashing, so it's been good to read so many positive comments.

Are there better MLBs out there ? Of course there are. But he is far from being the weak link some people believe he is.

And I'm not convinced any of the MLBs in the draft (apart from Kendricks) would be a significant improvement. This deal makes a lot of sense. And when we do find our MLB of the future he will be perfect as the experienced player who eases that rookie into the side.
I think Stephone Anthony would step on the field and be an instant upgrade day 1.

Anyone that's upset with this isn't looking at the big picture. Caldwell is still looking for his replacement (a better player); most good GMs are always in the process of doing this anyway. Poz, assuming we find a replacement, would be a great backup. If we don't have a replacement, then we can't complain about keeping him since there isn't a better option. At $5 million a year, that isn't a bad deal for an OK linebacker. 

I'm very much fine with this deal, unless there is a better alternative.  Free agency?  Nope.  Rookie?  Nope.  Love him or hate him, fast or not, he is the guy.  If you haters have a better alternative, please express it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:He is NOT a liability.   Anyone who sits in that stadium and has eyes can see how much he does for our defense. 

Obviously many are not so astute and appreciative.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I think Stephone Anthony would step on the field and be an instant upgrade day 1.

Nothing about this deal is going to prevent them from drafting his replacement.

;

;

Quote:When he went down, JT Thomas stepped in and the defense didn't skip a beat, and in many ways improved.

Lol what?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Poz led the LBs in ints and pass defenses, so he was obviously more effective in coverage than our other LBs.

When you MLB is getting stuck covering TEs, that means either a S or OLB has blown his assignment or the other team is exploiting a flaw in the scheme.

What happened to the good ole days when the board was blaming our Safeties or OLBs for not covering TEs? Poz comes along and it's suddenly all his fault. Oh yeah, it's because Alfie said so.

The reality is that people on this board have no clue as to who is responsible for covering what. If they did, you wouldn't keep hearing the coaching staff gushing over Poz and he wouldn't be getting an extension, he would be getting replaced.
"People on this board have no clue"... well, perhaps not. But consider this possibility;

You've mentioned that Poz led the LBs in ints and pass defenses, so he was 'obviously' more effective. However, what you fail to mention is the number of times he was responsible for coverage on a given play vs. the other LBs. A clearer picture would have been to present the percentage of successful pass defenses in relation to the pass attempts in his zone. Having the highest number of ints and pass defenses just means he was in a targeted area more than others. Some might think that this would suggest that the opponents (you remember, those guys who kept handing us our butts with successful pass plays down the middle much of the season) saw something in our mid field coverage to be exploited... Poz, perhaps?

The praise of the coaching staff means little... they've said good things about every player they've cut too. I have to also disagree with your presumption that "he wouldn't be getting an extension, he would be getting replaced". You don't replace an experienced player unless you know you have someone better in your pocket, and as of right now I don't know that we have someone better than Poz for that position. Experience and knowledge like Poz has accumulated isn't a commodity to be disposed of lightly ... even if he isn't the player he once was. 

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:Nothing about this deal is going to prevent them from drafting his replacement.
I agree with that. 

Quote:Poz still has plenty of speed. The guy plays at a near Pro Bowl level and doesn't deserve half the smack he gets from this board.
This

He is a solid ILB, been playing with a lot of crap talent, glad we are keeping him

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>