Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Manziel to the Eagles? Bradford to the Browns?

Quote: 

Via rotoworld

<div style="margin:5px 3px 0px 5px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana;background-color:transparent;">
<p style="background-color:transparent;">Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports the Eagles are not interested in trading for Johnny Manziel.

A rumor hit the internets earlier this week that had the Eagles and Browns talking about a deal that would send Manziel plus draft picks to Philadelphia for Sam Bradford. Cole doesn't deny that the two teams have been talking, but says the discussions have centered around the Eagles wanting to acquire the Browns' first-round picks in an effort to move up in the draft for Marcus Mariota.

</div>
That seems to make more sense.

Manzeil is probably just the kicker.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:http://philadelphia.suntimes.com/philade...us-mariota

Apparently the Eagles are going to do whatever they can to get a top 2-4 pick.

I feel like the Jaguars won't hesitate to pull the trigger on a trade. The Jags need talent all around and if the Eagles throw their entire draft at them for Mariota the Jaguars can probably go into this season expecting to be perennial playoff contenders NEXT season

Except all of the drafted players will, of course, be rookies.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

The tough thing in this rumored trade talk is how to value Manziel.  If he were a draft pick today, what is his value?

Quote:The tough thing in this rumored trade talk is how to value Manziel.  If he were a draft pick today, what is his value?

Knowing what we do now with the off field issues as well as his on field performance...5th-6th round. I never thought he would be a good pro qb to begin with.

Quote:Also, if I'm the tack's GM, I'd be blowing as much smoke about drafting a QB as possible. They are the ones that are going to have to decide between drafting Mariota and hoping he's the guy, or trading out and hoping he's a bust. 

If this thing with the browns does go down, I would imagine it comes with the idea of trading Johnny Boozeball and a few draft picks to the tacks for Mariota. Either way, I don't think the Jags are in play for trading down at 3 for someone who wants Mariota, because he's going to be drafted at 2. I don't see the tacks just passing on a QB without being persuaded to do so; they're either going to draft him or trade with someone who will. I'll be absolutely shocked if they just straight up pass on him and draft Leonard Williams. 

Why do they need to blow smoke? If they want a QB there will be one there. If they trade down they obviously don't rate him as a franchise QB. They are in total control of their destiny, no smoke required.

Quote:The tough thing in this rumored trade talk is how to value Manziel.  If he were a draft pick today, what is his value?
If Tebow was worth a fourth-round pick, Manziel's value is probably about the same. They're both late first-rounders and they're equally inept as NFL quarterbacks. Maybe knock Manziel's value down a round because there's no guarantee that his head will ever be screwed on straight and I'd arrive at a fifth-round valuation for him.

Chocolate Chip strikes again

Quote:Why do they need to blow smoke? If they want a QB there will be one there. If they trade down they obviously don't rate him as a franchise QB. They are in total control of their destiny, no smoke required.

If the tacks have no interest in Mariota, it would be prudent to make everyone think they have every intention to draft him. This way, the Chip Kelly's and whoever else might want to trade up for Mariota knows they need to deal with the tacks or potentially lose him.

If the tacks show that they aren't interested in the QBs as much, teams will be more inclined to see what they do, especially since they know the team's picking 3 and 4 aren't going to draft a QB.

The pressure is ALL on Tennessee here. Either pick the QB and he better work out, or pass on him and pray he's a bust.

Another thing, the tacks certainly don't want to pass on a franchise QB at 2, only to have a team trade up with their division rival one pick later to take the QB.

Tacks are in a interesting situation at 2 if you ask me.

Quote:Why do they need to blow smoke? If they want a QB there will be one there. If they trade down they obviously don't rate him as a franchise QB. They are in total control of their destiny, no smoke required.

I think they would talk up Mariota in order to maximize the value of their pick.   The more teams think Mariota is worth the 2nd pick in the draft, the more they will be induced to trade up to get him.   Right now, the thing for teams to do is to talk up the players they don't want.  You want the players that are picked prior to your pick to be the ones you don't want, so the ones you do want will be pushed down to your pick.   And this would be the Titans' strategy if they want to trade down.   You want the other teams to want the players you don't want, so there will be more players available to you that you do want. 

In trading bradofrd won't that put a slight damper on murray since one reason(besides the money) he signed was to be with old college roomate again.

Quote:In trading bradofrd won't that put a slight damper on murray since one reason(besides the money) he signed was to be with old college roomate again.

One reason matters, the other one doesn't.