Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Adam Schein on Jags

Quote:I expect a slow start early as the new offense sinks in, with marked improvement in the second half of the season. I don't think 6 - 8 wins is out of the question, depending mainly on injuries.

I just think it's funny because that's exactly what I've said every offseason since we drafted Gabbert.

I'm a glass half-full, even when it's bone-dry kinda guy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I expect a slow start early as the new offense sinks in, with marked improvement in the second half of the season. I don't think 6 - 8 wins is out of the question, depending mainly on injuries.

I agree with you.  I think that as the young players start to "get it" you'll see a marked improvement in the second half of the season.  I think 6 to 8 wins with a flurry of say 4 out of 5 or 5 out of 7 coming in the second half is a possible scenario.  Optimistically.  But I don't think there has to be an exact number of wins to be a successful season (as long as there are more than 2 or 3 and they show they're turning the corner).

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I just hope our schedule is easy in the beginning of the year, maybe get off to a 2-2 start for a change. That would just change the entire feel and outlook lf the season.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:So you don't know how to spell, you have horrible grammar, you call other posters idiots, and you ask me if I "get it" that your opinion lacks value with only me.

I have a feeling that other posters are smarter than you think, and you're dumber than you realize.
I dont know how to spell "cuz" i choose to write "cuz" instead of "because" for people like you. Kick rocks and make a good argument besides grammar and spelling.

Quote:To you it does and i dont have to be very literate for idiots to understand me. Get it !
???

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Sorry about your dog, man.

As for the 2015 season, it all depends on pass protection. Has getting a FA right tackle fixed our offensive line? Is Joekell going to actually look like a cornerstone LT? Is Bowanko the center that solidifies the oline? Same question with Linder...

If the offensive line is fixed, BB5 will look a lot better. If the that squad is pretty much the same as last year, we'll wind up with 4 wins.

I just don't want the season to be over on Oct 1st.  That would be an improvement. 

As long as he doesn't brand us as America's team again.

I hope to see Thomas signing combined with the evoultion of these young recievers help Bortles.

we need some serious results this season or it's back to square one. Another <4 win season and I see Gus getting canned. Khan can't be happy with how the first couple of seasons have gone.

No pain, no gain.

Schein loved the Harvey & Groves picks too.  In fact, he was pretty supportive of all our drafts during the Shack & Gene regimes, and now he says this was a horrible mess and Gus shoudn't be expected to do too much with what he was given.  Schein is just another talking head.  He just happens to have a soft spot for the Jags for some reason.

You guys that are expecting a winning season might want to do yourselves a favor and hit the liquor stores now before prices skyrocket due to explosive demand around October.  I can see this season ending at 5-11 and Khan/Caldwell/Bradley saying that this was "right about where we expected to be" in year 3 of the rebuild.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:Schein loved the Harvey & Groves picks too.  In fact, he was pretty supportive of all our drafts during the Shack & Gene regimes, and now he says this was a horrible mess and Gus shoudn't be expected to do too much with what he was given.  Schein is just another talking head.  He just happens to have a soft spot for the Jags for some reason.

You guys that are expecting a winning season might want to do yourselves a favor and hit the liquor stores now before prices skyrocket due to explosive demand around October.  I can see this season ending at 5-11 and Khan/Caldwell/Bradley saying that this was "right about where we expected to be" in year 3 of the rebuild.

i think more like 6-10 / 7-9 is likely. wouldnt really be that unexpected based on where we were at before. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:This is the year to show something on the record, I'm expecting a winning season. Doesn't mean playoffs or the division necessarily but I'm expecting more wins than losses.
it sure would be great to have a winning season! It's been a long time...

Quote:Schein loved the Harvey & Groves picks too.  In fact, he was pretty supportive of all our drafts during the Shack & Gene regimes, and now he says this was a horrible mess and Gus shoudn't be expected to do too much with what he was given.  Schein is just another talking head.  He just happens to have a soft spot for the Jags for some reason.

I guess 'talking heads' aren't really required to actually make sense... their just required to talk about a subject. I have no expectation of a 'winning season' (defined as 9-7 or better). Heck, I'll be grinning massively if we reach 8-8! But what I expect is at least 6-10... and yup, I could completely hear Gus and Dave saying 'this is about what we expected' if we finish at 5-11. I'm not so sure if Khan is going to be so hip to a crummy 5-11 this season though. He has already come out and (more or less) said that he expects substantially better this season; so I think the odes is on Gus to make it happen or his chair is probably going to start feeling a bit warm... and rightly so I'd say.

First half of season......3-5, second half 4-4. We finish 7-9, and Gus is given another year to get us in the playoffs.

fyi, Cecil Shorts was on NFL Radio, when asked about Bortles he said he is a stud and is going to be a SUPERSTAR, said he is a hard worker, very smart and humble.

When asked about Blackmon, he said he finished his rehab, is in a great mood and is excited to get back into the NFL with the jags, or something like that.

Quote:fyi, Cecil Shorts was on NFL Radio, when asked about Bortles he said he is a stud and is going to be a SUPERSTAR, said he is a hard worker, very smart and humble.

When asked about Blackmon, he said he finished his rehab, is in a great mood and is excited to get back into the NFL with the jags, or something like that.
Do you have a link or is that on Sirius or something?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:fyi, Cecil Shorts was on NFL Radio, when asked about Bortles he said he is a stud and is going to be a SUPERSTAR, said he is a hard worker, very smart and humble.

MJD said the same thing about Gabbert. 

I like our chances a little better this time around.