Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Young up and coming players...

Quote:Did people forget how bad Hurns' hands were

Hurns had a couple of drops early in the season, but was catching well later on. He had some amazing plays too, and could get open deep. One doesn't expect consistency from a rookie receiver; an occasional 'wow' play is what one looks for. I think he deserves to be on the list.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Caldwell has done a heck of a job infusing talent. He's already blown away what Smith was able to do.

Quote:Caldwell has done a heck of a job infusing talent. He's already blown away what Smith was able to do.

Scratch his nads and pick his nose?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2015, 11:10 AM by maheo30.)

Statistically, Hurns is among the leaders in drops (28th) and that is with half the targets.

Blake Bortles Smile

With a 3-13 record, there are a lot of promising maybes....

Quote:Statistically, Hurns is among the leaders in drops (28th) and that is with half the targets.

What are his statistics compared to touchdowns of all the other undrafted rookies in 2014?

I think that's the biggest thing thay we've been missing over the past few years. Young talent. God....remember when. We'd sign a guy off the street a he'd start the same week?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:I think that's the biggest thing thay we've been missing over the past few years. Young talent. God....remember when. We'd sign a guy off the street a he'd start the same week?

Thats part of rhe reason we've been bad for a long time

Quote:Yeah I forgot to mention A Robs... He is a Penn Stater so I know all about him being from PA.  He was good for us prior to his injury and Lee did well filling in for him.  

Who do you guys think we should be MOST excited about on the defensive side?  I really liked what I saw from Telvin Smith... he seemed to always be making plays last year.  What do you guys think?

I assume you are also well aware of the lack of success that PSU wide receivers have in the NFL.  Hopefully, this will be the exception.

Go Pitt !!!  :thumbsup:

Quote:I think that's the biggest thing thay we've been missing over the past few years. Young talent. God....remember when. We'd sign a guy off the street a he'd start the same week?
...like it was yesterday.

Quote:what side of the state you on?
Eastern PA... Lehigh Valley

Quote:Eastern PA... Lehigh Valley
Nice, was out at the Sands for a concert that way last year.

Quote:Nice, was out at the Sands for a concert that way last year.

I work at the sands lol

Quote:I work at the sands lol

I know somebody in IT at the Sands.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Allen Robinson

Marqise Lee

Brandon Linder

Luke Bowanko

Denard Robinson

Telvin Smith

Aaron Colvin

Demetrius McCray

Johnathan Cyprien

Not a bad list.  ^

I'd say the cream of that crop is:

A. Robinson

B. Linder

Telvin Smith

A. Colvin and D. Robinson head up the 2nd tier of promising youth, IMO. 

I'll add a dark-horse to the list  (even though he's 26 and in his fourth year)  I think Ryan Davis is someone to watch that the OP may not have on his radar.  Will be interesting to see if his camp performance earns him a significant number of snaps in the reg. season.  That rotation of guys at DT and LEO might actually be kind-of deep with talent this year if they go that way in the draft and the injured guys come back strong. 

Quote:Not a bad list.  ^

I'd say the cream of that crop is:

A. Robinson

B. Linder

Telvin Smith

possibly A. Colvin as well. 

I'll add a dark-horse to the list  (even though he's 26 and in his fourth year)  I think Ryan Davis is someone to watch that the OP may not have on his radar.  Will be interesting to see if his camp performance earns him a significant number of snaps in the reg. season.  That rotation of guys at DT and LEO might actually be kind-of deep with talent this year if they go that way in the draft and the injured guys come back strong. 

One thing that is clear when looking at the lists people are putting together. Last year's draft has a chance to be really, really good.

;

;

Quote:Did people forget how bad Hurns' hands were

Quote:Hurns had a couple of drops early in the season, but was catching well later on. He had some amazing plays too, and could get open deep. One doesn't expect consistency from a rookie receiver; an occasional 'wow' play is what one looks for. I think he deserves to be on the list.

Hurns is an interesting case. He benefited to some degree by knowing the core of Fisch's offense, but it wasn't the only reason he was productive. He got open frequently. 

Regarding his hands  -  it was well documented that he has a bad habit of trapping the ball with his body.  He doesn't do it all the time, however. In fact two of his six touchdowns (yeah - let's not forget he had 6 friggin touchdowns) were really nice "hands" catches displaying his ability to snatch the ball out of the air.  He simply hasn't perfected the technique and made it second nature yet.  Maybe he improves there. He's a young guy working with one of the best position coaches in the game.... so let's see what happens. Hurns' ceiling is high IMO. 

Quote:...like it was yesterday.

"Hey, Bouman! Come down offa that tractor! They got a job for you in the city throwing a dang football. Start tomorrow."

Quote:I know somebody in IT at the Sands.
Small world!