Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags top 5 needs ?

Quote:Am I the only one who stills wants another offensive lineman? Every year they think they're set and every year it falls apart.. I don't think this year is any different.

I want more lineman too!  Outside, inside, just get some big guys who can play or develop.

An example, the Saints have the best guard combo in the league but when they traded Graham they got one of the best centers in the game.  We are in NO WAY as good as their interior line and they keep looking to get better.  In the NFL you can never have enough big guys who can play on the line.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

OL

WR

RB

FS

LEO

In no particular order.  I'm surprised that not many people think we need WR help.  Granted, I think the 2nd year players next year will be very good, but it's not like that position is very proven and might turn out to bust out completely.   There's no guarantee that the receivers will be a great group going forward.  They could also turn into Matt Jones/Reggie Williams.  Both of them flashed some promise in their first few years and we all know how that turned out.

One of these years.............

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015, 12:58 PM by Kane.)

FS

LEO

OTTO

OL

WR

RB

DL depth

LB depth

Backup QB

DB depth

This is in order of most importance to me... for this coming season.

I don't think FS is addressed outside of what we have now... 

I think the draft will address OTTO and LEO early, RB and OL in the mid rounds, and depth the rest.

As weak as FS is for us... if the pass rush improves, we'll be able to mask it, especially if the CBs play well enough.

I see a lot of people saying OTTO as one of our biggest needs, looks like people dont believe in Skuta. I would say SS is more of a need than OTTO unless Cyp improves

1) GM

2) LEO

3) FS

4) MLB

5) RB
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:FS - Until we see someone step up here this will be the most obvious need.

LEO - Second biggest need IMO. Clemons is old and pass rushers are important.

LB - Still some question marks outside of Smith.

Special Teams - Too many issues last year that this has to be addressed.

RB - I don't think this a huge concern but we should add one from the draft.

Agree with FS. I want to see Brown do it before I pencil this position as "fixed". I think LEO is a need, but I don't think it's our 2nd biggest need. Clemons can handle that role still, and we have Branch returning. Ryan Davis is also back, and I think he can rotate there too. He's a full fledged vet now.

LB, I agree is a question mark. But I think overall as a unit, they are decent.

ST I think is fine. Brown is a good ST guy, same with Skuta.

I think RB is one of our biggest needs now. Toby showed some promise late in the season when he was healthy. Problem was, as soon as that happened, he got nicked up again. Denard showed improvement, but his production declined as more teams keyed in on him.

I also think T is still a question mark, though I hope Luke steps up.

And WR position, while it has a lot of promise, is still relatively unproven.

Quote:1) GM
[Image: R7kTugY.png]

Quote:Agree with FS. I want to see Brown do it before I pencil this position as "fixed". I think LEO is a need, but I don't think it's our 2nd biggest need. Clemons can handle that role still, and we have Branch returning. Ryan Davis is also back, and I think he can rotate there too. He's a full fledged vet now.

LB, I agree is a question mark. But I think overall as a unit, they are decent.

ST I think is fine. Brown is a good ST guy, same with Skuta.

I think RB is one of our biggest needs now. Toby showed some promise late in the season when he was healthy. Problem was, as soon as that happened, he got nicked up again. Denard showed improvement, but his production declined as more teams keyed in on him.

I also think T is still a question mark, though I hope Luke steps up.

And WR position, while it has a lot of promise, is still relatively unproven.
What is nice is that while there are question marks, there isn't one position where I'm thinking "OMG we have to find someone right NOW!".  Gives us a lot of flexibility in the draft to really go after the player and not the position (which is what teams should do anyway, but it doesn't always happen).

1. Head Coach

2. Free Safety

3. Middle Linebacker

4. Running Back

5. Left Tackle

Quote:1. Head Coach
[Image: R7kTugY.png]

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">OL 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">RB 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">LB 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">FS 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">DL

I'm surprised more people aren't listing LT as a need. Joeckel wasn't good at all last year. If he has another year like the last one I think they start looking for his replacement.

Quote:As of today, rank the top 5 positions of need iyo

Mine

1. FS

2. RB

3. MLB

4. LEO (edge pass rusher)

5. FB

Top 5 needs

1.) Safety

2.) Corner Back

3.) Offensive Line

4.) Defensive End

5.)  Quaterback if Bortles doesnt improve

1. offensive tackle

2. guards

3.  center

4. running back

5. linebacker

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015, 03:51 PM by cland.)

Quote:Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 21s22 seconds ago

Former Broncos safety Rahim Moore and Texans reached agreement, per source. #Markman50

Looks like the Texans just signed the Denver FS Rahim Moore.  I wonder if the jaguars are targetting another available safety.

Quote:I'm surprised more people aren't listing LT as a need. Joeckel wasn't good at all last year. If he has another year like the last one I think they start looking for his replacement.

Probably because he still has that "#2 pick" tag attached to him. He plays this year like he did last year, and this will be a MAJOR need heading into next off-season.

Quote:I see a lot of people saying OTTO as one of our biggest needs, looks like people dont believe in Skuta. I would say SS is more of a need than OTTO unless Cyp improves
Skuta will be 29 this season. Wouldn't be a bad idea to draft a replacement that is roughly 9 years younger than him... (Fowler Jr)

Its like saying LEO isn't a need because we have Clemons...

I list it as our 3rd need personally... FS, unless Sergio plays better than most think he will is top need. Pass rusher whether from LEO or OTTO is still a need. We need top tier talent at pass rush. Skuta is an unknown coming to our scheme... our young guys are all projects it seems (Davis, Smith, Branch) and Clemons is getting up in age...

I think Cyp performed well enough as a rookie and had a bit of a sophmore slump, but I think youth and lacking at talent in the secondary forced him to try to do too much...

I expect him to bounce back... but if he doesn't I would agree at looking to SS going into next offseason.

Quote:As of today, rank the top 5 positions of need iyo

Mine

1. FS

2. RB

3. MLB

4. LEO (edge pass rusher)

5. FB
FB?  Top 5 need?  Whatchya on?

Quote:FB? Top 5 need? Whatchya on?
if you dont have one on the roster I would say its a need

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015, 04:52 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:FB? Top 5 need? Whatchya on?
if we want to be successful at running the football we need a good blocking FB, you might not want a FB on the roster but I do