Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags top 5 needs ?

DL Leo Williams or DL/OLB Fowler are the two most likely #3 overall picks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wouldnt be shocked if Dave drafts a FB, Jalston Fowler out of Alabama
Drafting a FB is a Gene Smith type move.

Wait a minute... Gene?

Jags top 5 needs, in order:

Pass rusher (Leo)

Free safety

Offensive line depth

Running back

Linebacker depth

FS

LEO

OL

RB

Veteran WR.. although there's no one really left.

I mean, what do we not need? Qb, TE, DT, CB? Even some of those "non-needs" are questionable.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2015, 05:24 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Drafting a FB is a Gene Smith type move.

Wait a minute... Gene?
looks like a move by one of the best GMs in the game, keep trying. I wouldnt take one in the 4th but if Fowler was still there in the 5th its possible<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Round-4-Ravens-Select-FB-Kyle-Juszczyk/69ce6f76-a8d9-4e0c-ad0b-951bf3405a00'>http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Round-4-Ravens-Select-FB-Kyle-Juszczyk/69ce6f76-a8d9-4e0c-ad0b-951bf3405a00</a>

Quote:Drafting a FB is a Gene Smith type move.

Wait a minute... Gene?
it was Harris btw that took Greg Jones in the 2nd and I still like the pick

Quote:it was Harris btw that took Greg Jones in the 2nd and I still like the pick
Loved that pick too. If he didn't tear both ACLs, he could've been a good RB. However, that pick helped the jaguars shift into an offense that pounder opponents into mercy. Jones was a great FB, and is one of my favorite jaguars to this day. Without him, MJD wouldn't have been as successful as he was
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Loved that pick too. If he didn't tear both ACLs, he could've been a good RB. However, that pick helped the jaguars shift into an offense that pounder opponents into mercy. Jones was a great FB, and is one of my favorite jaguars to this day. Without him, MJD wouldn't have been as successful as he was
I agree

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2015, 06:06 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:it was Harris btw that took Greg Jones in the 2nd and I still like the pick
That was when FBs were still relevent.

BTW, my Gene reference was more toward the over valuing of positions, like taking a punter in the 3rd.  I know when Gene took over as GM. Thanks for the input tho.

Quote:looks like a move by one of the best GMs in the game, keep trying. I wouldnt take one in the 4th but if Fowler was still there in the 5th its possible<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Round-4-Ravens-Select-FB-Kyle-Juszczyk/69ce6f76-a8d9-4e0c-ad0b-951bf3405a00'>http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Round-4-Ravens-Select-FB-Kyle-Juszczyk/69ce6f76-a8d9-4e0c-ad0b-951bf3405a00</a>
2014 NFL draft, 256 players taken, TWO (2) were FBs.

We can make Pierce or Toby a quasi FB.  We arent wasting a pick.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2015, 03:18 PM by Jags32250.)

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/4/3/83...by-gerhart

This article made me think of this thread.

#1 WR

Pass rushing DE

FS

LB

Inferior O line

Quote:#1 WR

Pass rushing DE

FS

LB

Inferior O line
We already have an Inferior O Line. :teehee:

FS  - with physical skills to challenge runners/receivers and who can match up 1-on-1 every time.

RB - agility, burst of speed and physical ability while being a pass threat. Must have good hands and be a pass threat. Did I say pass threat?

LB - need a consistent presence teams will learn to run/pass away from when he is on the field.

DE/LEO - someone dominating who can bend the edge, force double teams, camp in the backfield, and force the play to the opposite side.

WR - someone who will command double coverage, even if their rookie year is not stellar.

Nothing new, agree with others who expressed the same thoughts. It's easy to see where these players instantly elevate the team.

Quote:We already have an Inferior O Line. :teehee:
hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. RB - Bortles and this offense won't grow without a bonafide workhorse carrying the load for this team

2. FS - We've been hurting here bad for quite some time

3. CB - Young secondary still learning, Gratz hasn't lived up to his status - Colvin and McCray are hopefuls but it wouldnt hurt to invest again

4. DE - We got it done with a motley crew last year - We still need that surefire 10 sack minimum guy on the left or right side though to dictate pass protection

5. ILB - I would rather see Paul out of the line-up, replaced with a faster cat with more range - bounce JT to the outside and keep letting Smith develop on his side

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Well, JT is on the outside, but it is outside of the team, the state and even the region. He's on the Giants.

Quote:Well, JT is on the outside, but it is outside of the team, the state and even the region. He's on the Giants.

WHAT?!?!? I must have missed that completely. My bad man. That's a bummer. I'd say we defintely need to look at ILB as an option in this draft then.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."