Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
not optimistic

Their roster may be the worst one in the division. They just happen to have Luck. The jags certainly have more talent. If BB5 and those receivers step up the jags will be on the rise and I'm not a person who gets caught up in fanboyism.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We may have a chance at the division title this year.

Scared of Frank Gore??? hahah He has no legs left and has been playing behind an elite Oline. Now he's playing behind a bad line.... he's useless and I'm actually glad they got him.

I think Andre can have a Steve Smith type of effect in Indy but Steve dropped off so hard at the end of the year because.... he's old! Not to mention they are taking snaps and plays away from Moncreif who is gonna be good. Pumped for that too.

Quote:I hope so,with colts adding Gore and potentially Andre Johnson, made the situation more difficult.

Andre Johnson will be 34 when training camp opens.  Gore will be 32 and has a lot of mileage.  RBs get old in a hurry.  If the Colts can get another good season out of both of them, they'll probably be happy estatic.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:ok [BAD WORD REMOVED] don't be sarcastic whats our record versus Colts? They seem to beat us for some reason.

Yet we've beaten Luck with Gabbert.  Don't be so dramatic.  They aren't that good.  The rest of the division has handed it to them on a silver platter the last few years.

That's currently changing, and quickly.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Their defense is trash and what will make it any better next year?

Our offense is trash and what has made it better next year?

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 04:01 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:Our offense is trash and what has made it better next year?
Julius Thomas... Blake being the starter from camp and our young WRs getting better. Parnell at RT....

Another year for Denard and Toby.... Olson

Quote:Our offense is trash and what has made it better next year?
Wow.  You really weren't paying attention with all of the youth we were trotting out there last year.

Experience alone makes the offense better next year.  An off season in the conditioning program and working on their skills and getting stronger makes them better. That helps Bortles, the receivers, and the linemen significantly.

Look at the addition of Julius Thomas, and then look at the fact that the team is still in the hunt for a feature back and a veteran WR. 

I don't know how you can look at this offense and ask a silly question like "what has made it better?" unless you simply don't have a clue, especially when you look at how young that team was last year on the offensive side of the ball. 

I know it's your MO to hate everything the team does.  Keep up the good work.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

indy isn't the powerhouse that it was for years under Manning. That's not a knock against Luck. Luck has done nothing but grow and improve each year and he's landed his team in the play-offs each year with honestly little talent around him. With that said, they typically flirt with 9 - 11 wins a year. Where as, in the past, Manning would crush everybody and wrap up at the minimum it seemed 12 wins per year. I don't think they're some unsurmountable team though in our division. I believe they can be beaten with good pass rush up front, which we saw in the 2nd contest against them last year. Our offense just needs to grow and dig it's head out of you know what and we'll be able to balance the game out and dictate it in our favor.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

[Image: djcrumbs-debbiedowner-smallified.gif]

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:Julius Thomas... Blake being the starter from camp and our young WRs getting better. Parnell at RT....

Another year for Denard and Toby.... Olson

Shhhhh!!!...Don't tell him about the draft in April.

Mannnn he is going to be soo red-faced when he finds out lolololz!!!

I don't fear the Texans, I tell you that. Hoyer isn't scary. I fear the Titans even if they draft one of the QB's. But the Colts added two guys on their last legs. We can stop an aging Gore and Johnson. Andrew Luck on the other hand is a force. But those two don't have much to offer long term.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 04:53 PM by The Real Marty.)

I think we've done more to improve in the last calendar year than any team in the division by far.  

Bortles

Lee

Robinson

Hurns

Colvin

Linder

Bowanko

Beadles

Julius Thomas

Odrick

House

Skuta

Pernell

Brown

Clemons

Red Bryant

That's a pretty huge talent influx.   And then in the draft we take a guy like Dante Fowler, and at that point, we have turned over 17 starting positions in one calendar year!

All those guys have been acquired since this time a year ago!   

Quote:our toughest competition in our division is the Colts, I honestly don't see how we match up? Any Thoughts?

Whatever their talent is, it can't be better than Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Edge, D. Clark, J. Saturday, Freeney, Mathis, B. Sanders.

Quote:Whatever their talent is, it can't be better than Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Edge, D. Clark, J. Saturday, Freeney, Mathis, B. Sanders.

Good lord. How did they only win one title?

Quote:our toughest competition in our division is the Colts, I honestly don't see how we match up? Any Thoughts?

is TMDs name rob?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Dude...with the latest signings and excitement around town...understand you will be treated like a Jew in Iran burning a Koran with that comment. or burning a Jag banner at a Bold City tailgate after a tough loss and too many beers.

The Colts have been a thorn in our side for a long time. Let the fanbase here have hopes of finally stomping a new mud hole in them.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Why don't you wait until we're done acquiring talent, before you head for the Modis buiding.....

In my mind it's the still Independent Life Bdg.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 06:44 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:In my mind it's the still Independent Life Bdg.

You mean that building a few miles from the Gator Bowl and Coliseum?
Blakes Life Matters

I agree with a lot of the posts here. I think we will definitely be more competitive this year maybe 7-8 wins if the right progression from our draft picks occurs. BB seems to be the guy and hopefully he develops this year and produces a good year for us.