Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Demarco Murray

Quote:I'd give free agency an F if they signed Murray. We're already gambling on Thomas, we can't have two players of that ilk on our team IMO.

I give your shtick an F.. Your boss, TMD, is pleased with your performance..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:$8 million annually with $20 million guaranteed could be a reasonable target.

I think it will be a lot of years before we see another running back get 20 million guaranteed. By the time it happens contracts will be so inflated it won't seem that expensive.

[Image: 4087007.jpg]

Quote:Max Luckan ‏@<b>MaxLuckan</b> 3m3 minutes ago

#<b>Jaguars</b> and #<b>Cowboys</b> both unwilling to match DeMarco Murray’s asking price at this point.

I guess he's asking for to much I wonder what his number is?

He wants 8.  We're probably at 6, 6.5.  No one is offering what he wants.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Pay the man, make Duval even more relevent in 2015 and ride him for a couple years. Could still draft one and groom Denard some more and be set eiter way.

Quote:I'd give free agency an F if they signed Murray. We're already gambling on Thomas, we can't have two players of that ilk on our team IMO.
You wouldn't be happy either way.

Every player carries risk. If the Jags sat on their hands and did nothing, or only brought in some guys who could provide depth, then you'd bash them for that. The Jags are going out and trying to bring in some big time talent, and you still are bashing that.

With some, the organization will never be right. Complaining just to complain.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:He wants 8.  We're probably at 6, 6.5.  No one is offering what he wants.

The salary probably isn't the big issue, he's probably looking for a big guarantee, which no intelligent team would give to a guy with major injury history closing in on 30 coming off a 400 carry season.

Quote:The salary probably isn't the big issue, he's probably looking for a big guarantee, which no intelligent team would give to a guy with major injury history closing in on 30 coming off a 400 carry season.

The issue with salary for him is no one is where he wants to be.  So, he's having to consider other factors, or cave to the highest bidder, etc.

Quote:The issue with salary for him is no one is where he wants to be.  So, he's having to consider other factors, or cave to the highest bidder, etc.

I mean salary in the NFL is always funny money. When players talk about what they want per year they mean what they want in guaranteed money over the next couple of years. I don't doubt he would turn down an offer that was for 8 million a year of purely unguaranteed salary even though it would fit the literal description of what he says he wants.

I found this funny and true all at the same time:

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/HarrisonNFL'><b>Elliot Harrison</b> <span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@HarrisonNFL</span></span></a> · <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/HarrisonNFL/status/575721407918796800' title="11:14 AM - 11 Mar 2015"><span>10m10 minutes ago</a></span>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">If I am DeMarco Murray, I want to play for Gus Bradley, with Oakland's money, and behind that Cowboys offensive line.

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BrentAS360'>Brent Martineau<span>Verified account</span>‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@BrentAS360</span></a>
</div>
<p class="" style="font-size:28px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">Caldwell had a brief conversation with Murray's agent and finance guys involved but that's it.

<p class="" style="font-size:28px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);"> 

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BrentAS360'><b>Brent Martineau</b> <span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@BrentAS360</span></span></a> · <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BrentAS360/status/575721056587149313'><span>14m14 minutes ago</a></span>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">jags are not going to overpay just because they have money on Murray.

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;"> 

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">(apologies, copy/paste is carrying font and size and I'm too lazy to clean it up)

Quote:The issue with salary for him is no one is where he wants to be.  So, he's having to consider other factors, or cave to the highest bidder, etc.
Yep. Highest bidders...Raiders and Jags. Not NFL powerhouses. He wants to play for a contender and be paid.

Play for Gus, with Raiders money with Cowboys line...spot on.

He is also looking for a SI swimsuit model, that will cook, clean and wash his uniform. 

He'll end up going back home to mom..or father Jerry

Blakes Life Matters

Quote: 

I found this funny and true all at the same time:

<div style="color:rgb(136,153,166);margin:0px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">
<div><b>Elliot Harrison</b> @HarrisonNFL · 10m10 minutes ago
</div>

<p style="font-size:26px;">If I am DeMarco Murray, I want to play for Gus Bradley, with Oakland's money, and behind that Cowboys offensive line.

</div>
That is the best quote I have seen so far in this year's free agency.  Smile

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Quote: 

<div style="margin-left:58px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">
<div>Brent Martineau<span>Verified account</span>‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@BrentAS360</span>
</div>
<p style="font-size:28px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">Caldwell had a brief conversation with Murray's agent and finance guys involved but that's it.

<p style="font-size:28px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);"> 

<div><b>Brent Martineau</b> <span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@BrentAS360</span></span> · <span>14m14 minutes ago</span>
</div>

<p style="font-size:26px;">jags are not going to overpay just because they have money on Murray.

<p style="font-size:26px;"> 

<p style="font-size:26px;">(apologies, copy/paste is carrying font and size and I'm too lazy to clean it up)

</div>

No problem on the over-sized font.

I am sure there are plenty of vision-challenged Jags fans who appreciate being able to read it without their glasses on.

I might be one of them.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I completely understand a RB trying to get as much as he can considering his days in the NFL are coming to a close.

However, Not a team in the NFL gonna give him 8-9 mill a year. He needs to accept that and then accept the best offer he has right now. The further we go, The less he'll be paid because teams will sign other players limiting their money.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:The salary probably isn't the big issue, he's probably looking for a big guarantee, which no intelligent team would give to a guy with major injury history closing in on 30 coming off a 400 carry season.

What major injury history? Murray did not miss many games in his career for medical reasons.

FYI 27 is not "closing in on 30." It is closing in on 28, which is not a bad age for a running back.

His salary probably is the big issue. He wants $8 million per year and nobody wants to pay him that much.

Quote:I found this funny and true all at the same time:

<div style="color:rgb(136,153,166);margin:0px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">
<div><b>Elliot Harrison</b> @HarrisonNFL · 10m10 minutes ago
</div>

<p style="font-size:26px;">If I am DeMarco Murray, I want to play for Gus Bradley, with Oakland's money, and behind that Cowboys offensive line.

</div>

Nice job letting everyone know we have the most players-friendly coach in the NFL.  Smile

Of course, by playing for Gus Bradley he also would play behind one fifth of that offensive line.

He isnt signing here. We might as well face it, the cat is playing for the money.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

DEMARCO MURRAY IS DEAD TO ME

Quote:DEMARCO MURRAY IS DEAD TO ME

Dang.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend