Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Demarco Murray

Quote:What major injury history? Murray did not miss many games in his career for medical reasons.

FYI 27 is not "closing in on 30." It is closing in on 28, which is not a bad age for a running back.

His salary probably is the big issue. He wants $8 million per year and nobody wants to pay him that much.

What major injury history? Ankle in 2011, foot in 2012, knee in 2013. It's quite likely he played through an injury or two at the end of the season since it was a contract year, and his production at the end of the season was much lesser than at the start. He had 3.7 yards per carry or less in three out of the last five games of the 2014 season, and before that point he didn't have a single game that low or lower. It's not like he was going up against great defenses, either. One of those bad performances was against the colts in a game that the colts got beaten down in by the rest of the cowboys.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...he-eagles/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...he-eagles/

Best comment on there:

Murray makes me think of an adult film star: everything you’ve seen is great but I think the eagles are going to find out he’s got a lot of miles put on him.

Huh

Quote:What major injury history? Ankle in 2011, foot in 2012, knee in 2013. It's quite likely he played through an injury or two at the end of the season since it was a contract year, and his production at the end of the season was much lesser than at the start. He had 3.7 yards per carry or less in three out of the last five games of the 2014 season, and before that point he didn't have a single game that low or lower. It's not like he was going up against great defenses, either. One of those bad performances was against the colts in a game that the colts got beaten down in by the rest of the cowboys.

The Cowboys scored 45 points in that game, so I don't think you can say any particular offensive player had a bad performance.  Perhaps the Colts focused their defensive efforts in the wrong place.

What I'm saying is, good God man, the Cowboys scored 45 points.   How many yards per carry the RB had is not even relevant at that point. 

Drama brewing?

Demarco on the way to Eagles today to visit.  Reported to be bringing members of his "inner circle" (whatever that means..)

Ryan Matthews reportedly has not yet signed his contract.

What happens if they meet in the hall?  :teehee:

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The Cowboys scored 45 points in that game, so I don't think you can say any particular offensive player had a bad performance.  Perhaps the Colts focused their defensive efforts in the wrong place.

What I'm saying is, good God man, the Cowboys scored 45 points.   How many yards per carry the RB had is not even relevant at that point. 

It's not like it was on five carries. He had 22 carries in a runaway game in which the colts had clearly given up and even pulled Luck. Everyone except for Murray performed well in that game, and he had averaged 2.6 per carry the week before on 31 carries. You're ignoring his performance because the team around him performed extremely well, but it's not like that was the only bad game he had, it just sticks out as particularly alarming.

Quote:Drama brewing?

Demarco on the way to Eagles today to visit.  Reported to be bringing members of his "inner circle" (whatever that means..)

Ryan Matthews reportedly has not yet signed his contract.

What happens if they meet in the hall?  :teehee:

A new reality show?

Real Running Backs of Philadelphia?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:What major injury history? Murray did not miss many games in his career for medical reasons.

FYI 27 is not "closing in on 30." It is closing in on 28, which is not a bad age for a running back.

His salary probably is the big issue. He wants $8 million per year and nobody wants to pay him that much.

The reason folks aren't offering the 8 he wants (which is what McCoy got) is precisely because of the mileage.

Quote:A new reality show?

Real Running Backs of Philadelphia?

Turn it into a musical.  West Si-eeeede Story

<snap>...  <snap>...  <snap>...

At this point the money is better off being allocated elsewhere.

He clearly wants too much.

It will be denard, Toby, and Storm's time to shine....and they could turn out to offer what we thought we would get from demarco but for less.

Also wouldn't rule out the possibility of adding a really good back in the draft depending where the value winds up.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:At this point the money is better off being allocated elsewhere.

He clearly wants too much.

It will be denard, Toby, and Storm's time to shine....and they could turn out to offer what we thought we would get from demarco but for less.

Also wouldn't rule out the possibility of adding a really good back in the draft depending where the value winds up.

I think clearliy we will draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

It's pretty clear where he wants to play. 

I would imagine the Jags have moved on from this, or at least I hope they have. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

here is a what if for you, Murray signs with Eagles today, Jags draft Chips QB on draft day, than trade QB to Philly for Murray and Philly #1 draft pick this year and at least a#2 next year, sounds far  fetched I know, but each side would have a win/win

Quote:here is a what if for you, Murray signs with Eagles today, Jags draft Chips QB on draft day, than trade QB to Philly for Murray and Philly #1 draft pick this year and at least a#2 next year, sounds far  fetched I know, but each side would have a win/win

The Jags aren't drafting Mariota.  If he's there when they pick at 3, if Kelly wants him, he can make a trade offer. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:It's pretty clear where he wants to play. 

I would imagine the Jags have moved on from this, or at least I hope they have. 

I am sure they have. I would be surprised if they even signed a veteran back like Spiller or Mathews. I do believe they will draft one fairly early and roll with what else they have.

Quote:I am sure they have. I would be surprised if they even signed a veteran back like Spiller or Mathews. I do believe they will draft one fairly early and roll with what else they have.
I think they'd be more inclined to sign a veteran receiver.  Depending on the price, they might consider a vet RB too.  Spiller would certainly be one option.

I know he's in discussions with the Ravens, but how about Justin Forsett?  He's not a young guy, but he doesn't have a ton of mileage on those legs.  He might be worth some consideration, although I think he wants to stick around in Baltimore. 

Demarco:  I'm getting on the plane Jerry

Jerry Jones: Ok Demarco

DM:  Really Jerry, I'm heading to the airport

JJ:  ok Demarco

DM:  Jerry, I landed in Philly

DM: Jerry, I'm heading to the Eagles facility

JJ: Whatever......

Quote:Demarco:  I'm getting on the plane Jerry

Jerry Jones: Ok Demarco

DM:  Really Jerry, I'm heading to the airport

DM:  Jerry, I landed in Philly

DM: Jerry, I'm heading to the Eagles facility

JJ: Whatever......

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@<b>AdamSchefter</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/576054180542042113' title="12:16 PM - 12 Mar 2015">3m3 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">Dallas now calling around for other RBs. Cowboys know they've lost DeMarco Murray to the Eagles.

Quote:Adam Schefter ‏@<b>AdamSchefter</b> 3m3 minutes ago

Dallas now calling around for other RBs. Cowboys know they've lost DeMarco Murray to the Eagles.

Clearly it was between the Cowboys and Eagles all along, I think Demarco wants to play for a high profile team and would enjoy playing against the Cowboys twice/year.