Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jared Odrick Signing

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:wow let me go dance around naked while I jump for glee. the best signing of all time.

Did you forget you depression pills today?

Quote:wow let me go ...
Please do. No need to dance.

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

badger, why you so grumpy? 

Quote:badger, why you so grumpy? 

Tis' a good question.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top.../?p=440773
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Oh my...he's gonna be making $8.5M a year. Baws gonna be baws...but wow, that's a lot of money.

If you didn't already like Odrick, this may help steer you a little closer to his fan-club:

Quote:*Odrick described himself as a passionate player, and added that he gets angry a lot. “I like hitting people,” Odrick said. “I’m a guy who likes to know what his role is and likes to do it to the best of his ability. I feel like my anger is very useful on the football field because I always want to do what my job entails. I always want to do a very good job and I set a high standard for myself both on and off the field. It carries over onto the field and I think that’s one place where I’m allowed to release that anger. I like to do that, and I think you’ll see a lot of knockback from me in the run game. I think that fits along with what the Jaguars’ defensive line is all about.” …

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(164,164,164);font-family:'Arial Regular', Arial, sans-serif;">*Odrick added of the defensive line, “You see that they’re very aggressive and very talented. They’re very speed-oriented. I can’t get my eyes off (Jaguars defensive tackle) Sen’Derrick (Marks) watching film. I think many of my attributes that I’ll bring will fit right in.”

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...a5c555bf32

Add that Odrick quote to Leonard Williams's proclamation that he's going to hurt the quarterbacks selected over him -- including Mariota if TEN takes him -- man we could have a real good line soon.

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand this signing. The upgrade over Bryant wasn't that significant, nowhere close to $8.5M per year significant, and maybe not even an upgrade. This also pretty much locks us out of drafting Williams.

I certainly enjoyed his press conference. If we needed a TV personality he'd be a great signing, but his record in Miami was nothing special.

I hope I'm wrong.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I'm sorry, but I still don't understand this signing. The upgrade over Bryant wasn't that significant, nowhere close to $8.5M per year significant, and maybe not even an upgrade. This also pretty much locks us out of drafting Williams.

I certainly enjoyed his press conference. If we needed a TV personality he'd be a great signing, but his record in Miami was nothing special.

I hope I'm wrong.

Who knows... his last season in Miami is not a reflection of how he'll be used here. Caldwell said that we'll use him as they did the few years prior to last season. He's definitely a bigger threat to sack the QB than Red ever was. I agree that he isn't an $8.5 million upgrade, but I think he's a better player in pretty much every aspect.

Quote:Who knows... his last season in Miami is not a reflection of how he'll be used here. Caldwell said that we'll use him as they did the few years prior to last season. He's definitely a bigger threat to sack the QB than Red ever was. I agree that he isn't an $8.5 million upgrade, but I think he's a better player in pretty much every aspect.

But but but ... he's playing the same position that the Alualu apologists (including Oehser) repeatedly claimed wasn't a pass rush position, so Alualu shouldn't be evaluated on his sack totals. And now in year 3 the LDE position needed an expensive 'upgrade' because of a lack of sacks?

Somebody has been lying to us.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:But but but ... he's playing the same position that the Alualu apologists (including Oehser) repeatedly claimed wasn't a pass rush position, so Alualu shouldn't be evaluated on his sack totals. And now in year 3 the LDE position needed an expensive 'upgrade' because of a lack of sacks?

Somebody has been lying to us.

That's kinda your bad for buying so much stock in to what the apologists (including Oesher, who actually works for the team) have to say.

Mic'd up.  2:34 seconds and we see 3 defensive plays in which Odrick actually made 2 plays.  I guess when you have 29 tackles and 1 sack in a season, the highlight of the Mic'd up segment is in warm ups and hanging out on the sidelines.

This entire concept of being Penn State South has to stop !!!

Hail to Pitt  -- H2P

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2015, 09:05 AM by muddylips.)

Quote:Mic'd up.  2:34 seconds and we see 3 defensive plays in which Odrick actually made 2 plays.  I guess when you have 29 tackles and 1 sack in a season, the highlight of the Mic'd up segment is in warm ups and hanging out on the sidelines.

This entire concept of being Penn State South has to stop !!!

Hail to Pitt  -- H2P
I hope for great thing for Odrick while playing for the Jags. It's kind'a hard to separate fact from hype when it comes to some of these guys. I don't blame Oehser for hyping everyone; he is after all on the Jaguars pay roll, and one does not generally bite the hand that feeds you.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...