Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Brian Hoyer era in Houston is about to begin

Quote:  Not much we can do at this point but hope Mallet pans out because Hoyer isnt the answer.

Were pretty much in QB hell right now,and as you guys know finding a quality QB is a crap shoot even with a top pick in the draft.

Mallet had one good game before he got hurt and that was against Hoyer and the Browns so I'm not gonna hang my hat on him based on that.
Oh I know. As much as you guys are rivals I still enjoy the team in the division. It would suck for Watt and spend the next 2-3 years with a Hoyer/Mallet/Savage combination

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Oh I know. As much as you guys are rivals I still enjoy the team in the division. It would suck for Watt and spend the next 2-3 years with a Hoyer/Mallet/Savage combination

Aint that the truth. At this point we should concentrate on having a dominant defense and hope Bill O'Brien can work some magic with the offense.

My biggest hope is Mallet being that first round pick he was supposed to be before his trouble in college.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Nick_Mathews'>[Image: faf99844dca3395f2ed1bcb58b7ab1e4_normal.jpeg]</a>
<div>
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Nick_Mathews'><b>Nick Mathews</b></a>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Nick_Mathews'>@Nick_Mathews</a>
</div>
</div>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">61 QBs with > 75 passes in last two years. Total QB rating rankings:

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">1. Rodgers 109.6

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">19. Fitz

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">44. Hoyer

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">46. Keenum

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">54. Schaub

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">57. Mallett

6:29pm · 10 Mar 2015

;

;

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">[Image: faf99844dca3395f2ed1bcb58b7ab1e4_normal.jpeg]
<div>
<div><b>Nick Mathews</b>
@Nick_Mathews
</div>
</div>
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">61 QBs with > 75 passes in last two years. Total QB rating rankings:

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">1. Rodgers 109.6

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">19. Fitz

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">44. Hoyer

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">46. Keenum

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">54. Schaub

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">57. Mallett

6:29pm · 10 Mar 2015

</div>

You have to remember Mallet played with a torn peck in one of those games.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/articl...c7857a6750

This is a pretty nice endorsement of Mallet. And the numbers are pretty dang good...of course it was against the browns.

Fitz traded to Jets

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...raft-pick/

Quote:Fitz traded to Jets

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...raft-pick/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO........   I guess that means the Hoyer deal is done.

Quote:  You have to remember Mallet played with a torn peck in one of those games.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/articl...c7857a6750

This is a pretty nice endorsement of Mallet. And the numbers are pretty dang good...of course it was against the browns.

Mallet's going to flame out. His "good" game was a 200 yard effort with him throwing a bunch of no read short passes.

Quote:Mallet's going to flame out. His "good" game was a 200 yard effort with him throwing a bunch of no read short passes.

Dude was 20 of 25 for an 80% completion rate from the line of scrimmage to the 20.  And 6 of 7 for an 87% completion rate from 10 to 20 yards out.

Not to mention a beautiful 40 yards completion to Hopkins.

Not sure what more you could ask for in his first game.

Not saying he's the guy but thats a good start in anyones book.

Quote: Dude was 20 of 25 for an 80% completion rate from the line of scrimmage to the 20.  And 6 of 7 for an 87% completion rate from 10 to 20 yards out.

Not to mention a beautiful 40 yards completion to Hopkins.

Not sure what more you could ask for in his first game.

Not saying he's the guy but thats a good start in anyones book.

The performance looked okay when you look at the numbers. Watching the game, though, it was really quite clear what was going on. The coaching staff did a good job of taking advantage of the opposition's lack of film on mallet and made a game plan that covered for Mallett's greatest weakness (his inability to read defenses and make good decisions) by having single read or checkdown plays where he didn't have to understand what the defense was doing beyond whether his single read was getting the coverage they wanted to or not.

Quote:The performance looked okay when you look at the numbers. Watching the game, though, it was really quite clear what was going on. The coaching staff did a good job of taking advantage of the opposition's lack of film on mallet and made a game plan that covered for Mallett's greatest weakness (his inability to read defenses and make good decisions) by having single read or checkdown plays where he didn't have to understand what the defense was doing beyond whether his single read was getting the coverage they wanted to or not.

Actually the knock on Mallet is his accuracy. We didnt see that in the browns game,but thats not saying they wont pop up again.

Quote:  Actually the knock on Mallet is his accuracy. We didnt see that in the browns game,but thats not saying they wont pop up again.

Here is his NFL draft profile. http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ryan...id=2495443

"Weaknesses Flashes the ability to run through progressions but has lapses in judgment and can force throws when pressured."

Quote:Here is his NFL draft profile. http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ryan...id=2495443

"Weaknesses Flashes the ability to run through progressions but has lapses in judgment and can force throws when pressured."

Dude that was four years ago right out of college. Tom Brady didnt exactly have a glowing draft report either.

Quote:  Dude that was four years ago right out of college. Tom Brady didnt exactly have a glowing draft report either.

So you're saying that in the ensuing years he demonstrated that he no longer had a problem making the correct reads and delivering the ball to the right guy consistently? I haven't seen it. He even got severely outplayed by a rookie in NE.

Quote:So you're saying that in the ensuing years he demonstrated that he no longer had a problem making the correct reads and delivering the ball to the right guy consistently? I haven't seen it. He even got severely outplayed by a rookie in NE.

Kind of hard to tell since he hasnt really played.

Quote:I agree with y'all. I actually hung my head in shame when I found out. 

Then I realized we whipped your sorry [BAD WORD REMOVED] twice with Ryan Fitzpatrick, so it could be worse. We could have extended Fitzpatrick to a multi-million dollar extension.

We were a failed redzone conversion away from beating you in the last game last year... Not really "whipping our [BLEEP]"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I agree with y'all. I actually hung my head in shame when I found out.

Then I realized we whipped your sorry [BAD WORD REMOVED] twice with Ryan Fitzpatrick, so it could be worse. We could have extended Fitzpatrick to a multi-million dollar extension.

Yeah you guys really whipped us lol. Cecil Shorts, you know, the guy you just signed, dropped the game winning TD in Houston.

Have fun with no QB again Smile
Shock the world

Quote:  Not much we can do at this point but hope Mallet pans out because Hoyer isnt the answer.

Were pretty much in QB hell right now,and as you guys know finding a quality QB is a crap shoot even with a top pick in the draft.

QB hell?? I don't know about that. O'Brien showed he has some ability when it comes to making QBs successful. He did a good job with McGloin & Hackenberg at Penn State, then he came & helped Fitzpatrick to his best season ever. QB hell would be spending a top 10 pick on a QB when you have no one with any track record to speak of to develop said QB. All the while passing on the best defensive player in the league today. 

Then doing it again in 2014... & there's still no one on the Jag's staff who's had any success developing QBs. 

ImATexan

Quote:QB hell?? I don't know about that. O'Brien showed he has some ability when it comes to making QBs successful. He did a good job with McGloin & Hackenberg at Penn State, then he came & helped Fitzpatrick to his best season ever. QB hell would be spending a top 10 pick on a QB when you have no one with any track record to speak of to develop said QB. All the while passing on the best defensive player in the league today.

Then doing it again in 2014... & there's still no one on the Jag's staff who's had any success developing QBs.

HAVE FUN WITH NO QB TEXAN FAN!!!!!
Shock the world

Quote:QB hell?? I don't know about that. O'Brien showed he has some ability when it comes to making QBs successful. He did a good job with McGloin & Hackenberg at Penn State, then he came & helped Fitzpatrick to his best season ever. QB hell would be spending a top 10 pick on a QB when you have no one with any track record to speak of to develop said QB. All the while passing on the best defensive player in the league today.

not gonna lie that stung a little

Right now it's pretty much a guessing game. We dont know if either of these guys are going to pan out. And while Fitz had his best season ever it wasnt all that.

I will say this,i'm glad we didnt reach last year and pick a QB in the first round because I'm not that high on any of them.