Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Apparently Oakland, San Francisco, and Miami went hard after Cobb. He took a hometown discount of a couple million per season to stay in Green Bay.

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/NFLFilmStudy'><b>Ian Wharton</b> <span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@NFLFilmStudy</span></span></a> · <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/NFLFilmStudy/status/574440095471693825' title="12:22 AM - 8 Mar 2015"><span>2h2 hours ago</a></span>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">Per a source, the Miami Dolphins, Oakland Raiders and one unnamed team were offering Randall Cobb as much as $48 million over 4 years

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, poop.

I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Stevie Johnson if the 49ers cut him lose.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Quote:This guy has been trolling on the Jags all day, id take his information with a grain of salt.

I am not believing anything he says either. Every tweet posted here looks like crap. Where is Ian Rapoport when we need him?

Quote:Well, poop.

I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Stevie Johnson if the 49ers cut him lose.

Frank Gore is the one who might leave San Francisco because he actually is a free agent. I don't think the 49ers ever said anything about cutting Stevie Johnson to keep Gore.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2015, 06:10 AM by BritishJag.)

The Cobb situation is what it is, disappointing news to wake up to but it does sound like we might be getting Thomas which would be an upgrade at TE.

I think a wildcard might be Roy Helu. He's been a back-up in his last 3 seasons after getting injured in season 2 and losing the job to Alfred Morris but he looked really good in his rookie year, rushing for 3 100 yard games in a row and making the all-rookie team. He ran a 4.40 40 at the combine (faster than Robinson, Johnson and Gerhart) and has caught 30 catches in 3 of his 4 seasons (his second season he was injured for 13 games). He's still young and has only had 260~ rushing attempts in his career and has shown he can be a solid starter in the NFL.

Quote:This guy has been trolling on the Jags all day, id take his information with a grain of salt.

Definitely

I can think of one good reason why we may not make a run at Suh, besides the cost, and that is Leonard Williams.   There's a decent chance that if Mariota is picked 2nd, then Leonard Williams falls into our lap.   So then our 3 best players would all be defensive tackles: Suh, Marks, and Leonard Williams, plus we also would have Roy Miller.    So even if we don't get Suh, we could very be very well stocked at DT.   And that makes Suh even less of a need.  

What's with the RB rumors? Even though the Charles Robinson guy is a tool, I've heard it elsewhere too. If I'm not mistaken didn't Caldwell say rb was low on the priority list right now?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson'>Charles Robinson <span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);">@CharlesRobinson
</a> · <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/574458285182472192'>2m2 minutes ago</a></span>

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">

Murray. Suh. RBs for sure. RT <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/JagsMUT'>@
JagsMUT</a>: jags buzz other than Julius?

I find it weird he hasn't really linked any olb/de free agents our way when some of our beat writers have. Maybe this clown isn't as tuned in as he thinks he is.
Crab Cakes and Football! That's what Jacksonville does!

Quote:Based off that tweet, it certainly sounds like Thomas to Jax is a formality.

Let's just take a moment and think about that sentence.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Pro Football talk tweeted that we are showing interest in Bulaga, along with Tampa Bay and Washington.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...an-bulaga/

Quote:I can think of one good reason why we may not make a run at Suh, besides the cost, and that is Leonard Williams.   There's a decent chance that if Mariota is picked 2nd, then Leonard Williams falls into our lap.   So then our 3 best players would all be defensive tackles: Suh, Marks, and Leonard Williams, plus we also would have Roy Miller.    So even if we don't get Suh, we could very be very well stocked at DT.   And that makes Suh even less of a need.  

While true it has been discussed that a line of Marks//Williams//Suh//Leo would work pretty well.

You could even kick Williams to the Red Bryant position.  

Assuming we were to get Suh I don't think we get a Hughes as well but a Williams//Marks//Suh//(Eli Harold//Nate Orchard in the 2nd) Would have the makings of a sick young DL.

Quote:Not familiar with Parnell. Any track record of good play or a project guy?

Bill Callahan,  his former Offensive Coordinator offered high praise when he met the media during the week following the playoff game vs.  the Lions,  leading up to the playoff game in Green Bay:

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2015/0...ckle.html/

Quote:The blocking scheme will not change much, so I would expect the reason to be injuries if we are not targeting Bulaga.

Has anyone in the Jaguars brass announced the first part of what you mentioned or is this speculation?

Quote: 

Apparently Oakland, San Francisco, and Miami went hard after Cobb. He took a hometown discount of a couple million per season to stay in Green Bay.

<div style="color:rgb(136,153,166);margin:0px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">
<div><b>Ian Wharton</b> <span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@NFLFilmStudy</span></span> · <span>2h2 hours ago</span>
</div>

<p style="font-size:26px;">Per a source, the Miami Dolphins, Oakland Raiders and one unnamed team were offering Randall Cobb as much as $48 million over 4 years

</div>

Even if the Dolphins and Raiders offered this much to Randall Cobb,  I think he made a good decision turning both of those teams down.    Especially the Dolphins.    The fact that the Dolphins have already released most of their 2013 FA class and Mike Wallace could be next illustrates how unstable that organization is.     The Raiders history of changing HC's also jumps out.  At least with the Packers,   there's been plenty of continuity and it certainly helps having Aaron Rodgers on the other side of your passes.   

Quote: Has anyone in the Jaguars brass announced the first part of what you mentioned or is this speculation?
Bradley - in an interview at the combine - said that they are still hashing that out.  Talked about building the offense around the personnel.  Said there would be zone and gap principles utilized. I got the impression it would be a zone scheme with some gap blocking for certain plays. 

Yeah, D6. Gus said the blocking scheme wouldn't change much during the press conference held to announce the firing of Jedd Fisch. After they hired the new OC, they said they may switch it up from time to time, but will primarily be a ZBS.

Well played, NYC.

Quote:Bradley - in an interview at the combine - said that they are still hashing that out.  Talked about building the offense around the personnel.  Said there would be zone and gap principles utilized. I got the impression it would be a zone scheme with some gap blocking for certain plays. 

Thanks,  NYC4Jags.  

Excellent information!

Quote:Yeah, D6. Gus said the blocking scheme wouldn't change much during the press conference held to announce the firing of Jedd Fisch. After they hired the new OC, they said they may switch it up from time to time, but will primarily be a ZBS.

Thanks,  Treestone Ice!

Excellent info as well.  

This reinforces my opinion that the Jaguars will target Bryan Bulaga unless the injury concerns are too great.  My gut feeling is Bulaga will be holding up a Jags jersey at a press conference later this week if he doesn't re-sign with the Packers by the start of the FA period.

Good article by Alfie stating why he thinks we are likely to land J. Thomas. http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/3/8/81...ncy-rumors

I don't know if we are targeting Maclin, but I really hope so. Between J. Thomas trucking through the middle and Maclin on the outside, would be nice to see.