Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Marty, I understand what you are saying. It's basically a semantics thing. They have agreed to the deal, they just can't sign it yet. Suh or the Dolphins could back out of it before Tuesday, but this is highly unlikely and rarely happens. If Suh were to end up signing elsewhere, it would certainly be classified as another dirty move by him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson  3m3 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">An opportunity has opened for #Jaguars with DeMarco Murray. They want a centerpiece back and could push hard to price #Cowboys way out.

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">What does that mean exactly? Like the centerpiece back part.

</div>

This guy has shown to not know much of anything.  Not crazy about signing a high priced RB but if it does happen is that the end of Gerhart in Jax?

Yeah, I wouldn't believe 5/70 until I see a credible source.  I doubt we'd pay him 12 million per year when Graham only got 10 million last summer.  I've heard he balked at 9 million from the Broncos - maybe 10 or 11 million at most.

I don't think Murray would be all bad. I mean he is a top class RB. Yes, age and previous workload do go against him, but I don't think the plan is to have him be an every down, every carry player. He would split the load with Robinson and probably even Gerhart. I would certainly prefer a 3rd round pick on someone like Ajayi, but we'll see where everything shakes out in the next week or two.

Quote:Now I'm not a big fan of signing RBs to big deals, especially since we can draft someone who can produce with Denard and Toby, but it would be mighty interesting if we signed Demarco Murray.....

I feel the same, but we have money to spend and if weren't not giving some ridiculous in guarantees it could be a smart move. Our cap situation is so good that we could afford an overpay at a position like RB and not have to worry about it hurting us down the road. Anyways, all signs point to us signing Bortles' security blanket in Thomas and adding in the league's leading rusher would take some of the pressure off of Blake. They want to give Blake every chance to succeed, so surrounding him with great players makes sense.

Quote:Well, I hate paying an RB big money...but I don't hate it as much as I would hate using a high draft pick on one. So if the FO was dead set on adding a premier RB to the fold I would rather waste the cap space than the draft pick. 

I'm pretty much with you. I just hope that if we do this, it doesn't hurt us when it comes to a guy like Odrick, or Maclin (at least according to that jaguars website that he is a primary target, etc.). I know a lot of people expected like 5-6 premier guys, but I don't see more than like 3 premier FA's on top of 2-3 solid ones. 

Murray would really help our offense so much though. Murray/D-Rob in backfield, Bortles throwing to Thomas, Robinson, Lee, Hurns, Lewis, and possibly Blackmon? Get some competition at RT and maybe LG, possibly C (although I like Bowanko) and there's some serious talent on this team. I just hope that Bortles works out and we can keep him upright, because even if we don't land Murray, that's a lot of weapons right there. I do kind of worry on Murray's injury history, last year he stayed healthy and we see the talent. I don't want him to get here and he struggles with a serious or nagging injuries. That'd really suck.

I'm satisfied with FA if we get Thomas and Mccourty
"Get Better Everyday"

If these things to come to fruition, we have RB and TE, now we just need an offensive line.

Quote:This guy has shown to not know much of anything. Not crazy about signing a high priced RB but if it does happen is that the end of Gerhart in Jax?

I am confused with this as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gerhart cut, but I think I saw somewhere they want to use him in some sort of FB roll too, could be wrong.

I don't really want to sign Murray, but we could spend it on worse players that's for sure. If we sign him, OK, if not, no big deal.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I don't think Murray would be all bad. I mean he is a top class RB. Yes, age and previous workload do go against him, but I don't think the plan is to have him be an every down, every carry player. He would split the load with Robinson and probably even Gerhart. I would certainly prefer a 3rd round pick on someone like Ajayi, but we'll see where everything shakes out in the next week or two.

You don't sign the leagues rushing leader to split time.

Quote:You don't sign the leagues rushing leader to split time.
I think he needs to split time, otherwise he won't last very long. The Cowboys ran him into the ground last year. I still think he would be the #1 back if he did come (I doubt he will come) but I can see DRob coming in a lot.

It depends on the money with Murray. If its the deal McCoy just got then no way. If its 4/22 something like 5.5 a year that's cool.

That Murray signing has bust potential especially since we don't have a line. Id rather us get Helu and sign two linemen.

Quote:I think he needs to split time, otherwise he won't last very long. The Cowboys ran him into the ground last year. I still think he would be the #1 back if he did come (I doubt he will come) but I can see DRob coming in a lot.

Wouldn't be a bad 1-2 punch either. I'm coming around to the idea now that there are some more rumors
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I think he needs to split time, otherwise he won't last very long. The Cowboys ran him into the ground last year. I still think he would be the #1 back if he did come (I doubt he will come) but I can see DRob coming in a lot.

You may be right that he needs to but you're going to be paying him like a top back.  He turned down the Cowboys offer of 16 mil over 4 years so you're going to have to pay more then that.   D-Rob getting touches is reasonable to spell him.  But he's not going to be splitting time with D-Rob & Gerhart.  .

Quote:Wouldn't be a bad 1-2 punch either. I'm coming around to the idea now that there are some more rumors
Where else you hearing it besides from Robinson's report?

Quote:Where else you hearing it besides from Robinson's report?

BCC posted a SBNation link. I didn't read it, just flipping through Twitter
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Where else you hearing it besides from Robinson's report?

There are multiple reports on Twitter, none from any of the top reporters.  They may just be regurgitating Robinson's tweet.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2015, 04:27 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Double post
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If the Murray rumors are true, what do you think his contract will look like?  Considering he led the league in rushing and McCoy just signed a 5 year $40 mil deal with $26.5 guaranteed.

Quote:BCC posted a SBNation link. I didn't read it, just flipping through Twitter

Quote:There are multiple reports on Twitter, none from any of the top reporters.  They may just be regurgitating Robinson's tweet.

Ah ok.

Kinda get the feeling it probably is from Robinson's tweet, but I hope not. We'll see.

I want to hear more details on Thomas and co. Surprised we have yet to hear anything on the pass rushers we talked to right when things began yesterday too. I know it just opened yesterday, but still.