Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:There was a reason the Pats franchised a kicker instead of an All Pro FS, they knew this deal was going to happen eventually all along.

Like Belichick not calling a timeout a when Seattle had the ball with time ticking away at the end of the Super bowl. I guess he just has a sick sixth sense for allowing situations to play out for their benefit.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 01:31 AM by fatboi904.)

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM'>uSTADIUM ‏@uSTADIUM </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/574793306988662784' title="9:46 PM - 8 Mar 2015">44m44 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">According to reports, TE Julius Thomas will sign a five-year deal worth close to $45M with the <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>.

Quote:uSTADIUM ‏@uSTADIUM  44m44 minutes ago

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">According to reports, TE Julius Thomas will sign a five-year deal worth close to $45M with the #Jaguars.

According to what reports? Are there any named sources?

Quote:According to what reports? Are there any named sources?

Denver Post

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6598/julius-thomas

Do you think the Jags cut Lewis if they sign Thomas?

Quote:Do you think the Jags cut Lewis if they sign Thomas?

That is what I am hoping. If they do keep him around he will have to take a huge pay cut.

According to ESPN, McCourty called the Pats to say he wanted to thank them for the last 5 years but was ready to move on, and the Patriots stepped up to the plate and came to the price he needed to stay.

Sounds like that team just might have been the Jaguars...at least according to a poster on another site said according to what he was seeing on twitter regarding it.

Quote:Wow!   Who do the 49ers turn to at the QB position if a trade occurs?

Gabbert, of course.

Quote:Do you think the Jags cut Lewis if they sign Thomas?

Depends on how they envision the playbook treating the TE position and how much/little they'd like to use a two TE set. 

They can afford to keep him should they choose. 

Quote:According to ESPN, McCourty called the Pats to say he wanted to thank them for the last 5 years but was ready to move on, and the Patriots stepped up to the plate and came to the price he needed to stay.

Sounds like that team just might have been the Jaguars...at least according to a poster on another site said according to what he was seeing on twitter regarding it.

The pats screw us again lol

Quote:Gabbert, of course.

They have to re-sign him first. Do they want to?

Quote:That is what I am hoping. If they do keep him around he will have to take a huge pay cut.

I think they keep Lewis for the last year of his contract and then let him walk next year.. two TE sets might be fun to try 

Quote:Depends on how they envision the playbook treating the TE position and how much/little they'd like to use a two TE set. 

They can afford to keep him should they choose. 

I don't think a guy who can't catch the ball should be used in a two-tight end set. The Jaguars should cut his salary in half and take "catching passes" out of his job description if they don't pick a tight end in the draft.

Quote:According to ESPN, McCourty called the Pats to say he wanted to thank them for the last 5 years but was ready to move on, and the Patriots stepped up to the plate and came to the price he needed to stay.

That right there is sad if true

Quote:I think they keep Lewis for the last year of his contract and then let him walk next year. Two TE sets might be fun to try 

I liked New England's double tight end sets with Gronkowski and Hernandez. However, we are not going to look that great at it without two Pro Bowlers at the position.

If Lewis has only one year left on his contract, I don't mind having him around next season as long as he is mostly used as a blocker instead of a pass catcher.

Quote:I liked New England's double tight end sets with Gronkowski and Hernandez. However, we are not going to look that great at it without two Pro Bowlers at the position.

If Lewis has only one year left on his contract, I don't mind having him around next season as long as he is mostly used as a blocker instead of a pass catcher.

My only point is that the Jags are still giving Lewis 6Mil Dollars next year (unless he is traded) if he is cut or on the team.. I'd rather get 25 catches and 3 TD's as a back-up TE 

Quote:I don't think a guy who can't catch the ball should be used in a two-tight end set. The Jaguars should cut his salary in half and take "catching passes" out of his job description if they don't pick a tight end in the draft.
He can catch the ball.  He had 3 drops in 31 attempts last season.  There are several pro-bowlers with worse percentage of dropped balls then that. 

People make too much of his hands. He's inconsistent - and a couple of blown TDs make it hard to forgive  - but the numbers aren't as bad as most people let on. 

Well I need to head to bed, guessing most everyone is sleeping...hopefully DC is still calling peeps to get some awesome deals done tho lol

Quote:Well I need to head to bed, guessing most everyone is sleeping...hopefully DC is still calling peeps to get some awesome deals done tho lol

Chip Kelly is chugging a Red Bull and boarding a flight to wherever Colin Kaepernik is hanging out tonight.  Other than that - most everyone is sleeping. 

Quote:My only point is that the Jags are still giving Lewis 6Mil Dollars next year (unless he is traded) if he is cut or on the team.. I'd rather get 25 catches and 3 TD's as a back-up TE

Or go after clay/gresham and cut him?

GO JAGS!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!