Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Attention all:  There are no bargains at the beginning of free agency!  Everyone will be overpaid, that's how it works, nothing new.  Stop trying to understand the money, it won't make sense...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why not pay Murray 8 mil a year? He is a great all-around back, seems to have a few years left, and we have tons of money to spend. 

Quote:pay the money upfront so it goes against this cap make the hit less over the last 4 years. (for murray)

Also if it's hypothetically $25 million guaranteed, it's more like a 3 year/$25 million deal.

D Murray would be a great signing, unexpected, but great.

He's probably still got 3 great seasons still in him.

Why wouldn't you want that in Jacksonville?

We've gotta spend the money somewhere. Might as well get an upgrade to a lacking position:

Murray > Shoelace > Johnson > Slowby

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 01:53 PM by Jinjo.)

Murray Denard and Toby best backfield trio in the NFL. We have all the money. 24M guaranteed over 3 years is fine. He will probably get cut after that anyway when hes 30. 

Quote:D Murray would be a great signing, unexpected, but great.

He's probably still got 3 great seasons still in him.

Why wouldn't you want that in Jacksonville?

Because he wants 8 mill a year.. So lets just stick with what we got so I have something to complain about every gameday..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Initially I was against paying Murray that much but getting Bortles to succeed is the primary focus. If this gives us a legit running threat that opens up single coverage for Thomas, Robinson, Lee, Hurns and play action. Then I'm all for it. Hell we could still draft Gurley in the second and get the run game extra nasty lol.

Anything that helps Bortles is fine by me. I seen the Gabbert/Henne era and I never want to go back.   

we should take a shot at Percy

solve our KR position and get a gamebreaker on the offensive side of the ball.....even if it's for 6 games

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/TyDunne'>Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/574991948039114752' title="1:55 PM - 9 Mar 2015">2m2 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">One team to remember on UFA CB Davon House: <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>. His college head coach and DB's coach from New Mexico State are both in Jacksonville.

Quote:Initially I was against paying Murray that much but getting Bortles to succeed is the primary focus. If this gives us a legit running threat that opens up single coverage for Thomas, Robinson, Lee, Hurns and play action. Then I'm all for it. Hell we could still draft Gurley in the second and get the run game extra nasty lol.

Anything that helps Bortles is fine by me. I seen the Gabbert/Henne era and I never want to go back.   

Yea we could get Gurley and let him sit until week 9, then next year have a one two punch, when we should be in the playoff mix. after that dump Murray all is good in the world.

Pay the man Dave

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I think we were really close to landing McCourty than we all thought, he nearly left the Pats.

Great article short read... 

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patr...cid=espnFB

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne  2m2 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">One team to remember on UFA CB Davon House: #Jaguars. His college head coach and DB's coach from New Mexico State are both in Jacksonville.

</div>

Agree on Percy in the other post

Yes House would be a nice 3rd CB could compete for the starting job too, remember we lost Blackmon and Ball might not be back

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne  2m2 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">One team to remember on UFA CB Davon House: #Jaguars. His college head coach and DB's coach from New Mexico State are both in Jacksonville.

</div>
Anyone that has actually watched him/read up on him know anything about him?

<p style="background-color:transparent;">Jaguars agreed to terms with DL Jared Odrick on a deal worth $7 million per season.

The cap-rich Jaguars add Odrick to a free-agency haul that already includes Julius Thomas and Jermey Parnell. It's an underrated signing, as the 27-year-old Odrick can step in as a 307-pound "big" defensive end for Gus Bradley. He posted 16.5 sacks over the last four years for the Dolphins, showing an ability to push the pocket from the interior while also playing at a plus level against the run.

<div style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"><b>Source:</b> NFL.com
</div>

Murray will get an offer, take it back to jerrah, sign with cowboys.

Quote:Anyone that has actually watched him/read up on him know anything about him?

He's solid, I'd say he's a good #2/very good #3 corner.

Quote:Yea we could get Gurley and let him sit until week 9, then next year have a one two punch, when we should be in the playoff mix. after that dump Murray all is good in the world.

Pay the man Dave
It's possible he could play by game one. Colvin tore his in early February and played in game 11. Gurley's happened in mid November. He could be ready by week 1

Percy is an immensely talented cancer with major injury concerns.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:One draft scenario now that may arise with Suh going to Miami. Detroit move up for Leonard?

GO JAGS!!
They pick lower than Philly.

They would have to give up a TON to even come close to getting in range to get him, barring a wholly unforeseen drop by Williams.

Using a trade value chart...(I know...not definitive authority)  the #5 overall pick is worth 1700 points.  Detroit sits at 23, worth 760 points-or a difference of 940 points. 

It would take two second round picks (assuming Detroit's position at 23 transfers over into the 2nd round), a 3rd round pick and another pick to get there.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!