Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:Pass on Crabtree.

Agreed.
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Pass on Crabtree.
I think he'd fit in well here.

Better than Royal and Washington.

Quote:I think he'd fit in well here.

Looking at his numbers last year he's the same guy as Washington.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Saw those too. Hate us cuz they ain't us.

OT...So sad that this movie did not get seen by a larger audience. It honestly reminds me of the original Anchorman...both in how stupid the movie is, yet how a handful of its lines have turned into cult classic.

Hardy-6 mil

Ridley-4 mil

Skuta-3 mil

that leaves us with 32 mil

could go get a nickelback,wr,center

Quote:Looking at his numbers last year he's the same guy as Washington.
Numbers don't tell the whole story.

Crabtree was competing with Davis, Boldin, Stevie J and a run first offense.

Washington didn't have great QB play but he played in Whisenhunts offense on a team that was constantly behind where they threw the ball a lot.

I think Crabtree is a better fit for the team than Washington. Use him as a bigger physical mismatch in the slot like Blackmon.

Crabtree is a drama queen receiver. Not someone you want as the experienced voice at the position

Quote:I think he'd fit in well here.

Crabtree would be a terrible fit here. He's the same type of receiver as ARob and Blackmon (if he's back). Add in Julius who should get his own share of intermediate passes and we'll have a logjam. We need someone who's going to take the top off the defense. Lee could be that guy, but he hasn't proven it yet.

I'd rather have harvin.. if we are going after crab.

I dont want him BUT by reading your post SpeedyG would you want to trade for Mike Wallace?

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 10:10 PM by Bortles2Blackmon.)

I think we will cut Lewis so adding to the 45 million is 7 million which is 52 million. Im guessing the surprise cut might be Bryant because of age and Odrick signing. That will be 52 mill plus 4.5 mill and thats 56.5 mill cap with Thomas, Odrick, Pernell. Maybe we get Hardy- 6 mill. Maybe we get Ron Parker or Gipson 7-8 mill. Maybe we get Stefen Wisniewski- 6 mill. Maybe we get Davon House- 4 mill. Thats 25 mill spent. 56.5 - 25==== 31.50 cap space left before the draft.

Edited because of a simple math error. These are just opinions, not expecting it to happen but would be great.

Quote:I dont want him BUT by reading your post SpeedyG would you want to trade for Mike Wallace?

Not really. Part of his problem in Miami is that he complained about not getting the ball enough. I wouldn't want that type of guy on Bortles' ear constantly when he's trying to develop and learning to read the coverages. I might think a bit and consider it if he was a FA and the price is not too high (and that's after sitting with him and really getting a feel for his thoughts on going to a young team with young receivers and QB). But as a trade? Definitely not.

Bryant will prolly be here another yr, maybe two. He's a vet leader... no way he get cut, imo.

just like poz...

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 10:14 PM by SpeedyG.)

Quote:I think we will cut Lewis so adding to the 45 million is 7 million which is 52 million. Im guessing the surprise cut might be Bryant because of age and Odrick signing. That will be 52 mill plus 4.5 mill and thats 56.5 mill cap with Thomas, Odrick, Pernell. Maybe we get Hardy- 6 mill. Maybe we get Ron Parker or Gipson 7-8 mill. Maybe we get Stefen Wisniewski- 6 mill. Maybe we get Davon House- 4 mill. Thats 25 mill spent. 56.5 - 25==== 31.50 cap space left before the draft.

Edited because of a simple math error. These are just opinions, not expecting it to happen but would be great.

Its easy for me to say, because its not my money. But I would like to keep Lewis. He is a good blocker, and has really assumed a leadership role in this locker room. We don't know what we'll get out of Thomas from a leadership stand point, and he doesn't even compare as a blocker. He also has his own injury concerns. Besides, its not like we're deep at TE.

But again, it's not my money that the Jags are spending. Going 2 TE sets in the endzone with Lewis/Thomas and Hurns/ARob (or hopefully, JB) would cause other teams fits...especially if that OL holds and we have a good RB to carry the rock.

Unless we're just absolutely plan on going bananas the rest of the FA and absolutely need Lewis' cap space, I say let him stay.

According to Jason Cole with Bleacher Report Greg Hardy should find out if he is going to serve a suspension tommorow.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/235...e-agent-de

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 10:17 PM by GlockBortles.)

to be fair, the niners offense as a whole wasn't exactly booming last year

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 10:19 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:to be fair, the niners offense wasn't exactly booming last year

The Titans aren't exactly offensive juggernauts either and haven't been since Washington has been there.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:According to Jason Cole with Bleacher Report Greg Hardy should find out if he is going to serve a suspension tommorow.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/235...e-agent-de

And then sign with the Jags right after Smile 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>