Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 10:14 PM by SpeedyG.)

Quote:I think we will cut Lewis so adding to the 45 million is 7 million which is 52 million. Im guessing the surprise cut might be Bryant because of age and Odrick signing. That will be 52 mill plus 4.5 mill and thats 56.5 mill cap with Thomas, Odrick, Pernell. Maybe we get Hardy- 6 mill. Maybe we get Ron Parker or Gipson 7-8 mill. Maybe we get Stefen Wisniewski- 6 mill. Maybe we get Davon House- 4 mill. Thats 25 mill spent. 56.5 - 25==== 31.50 cap space left before the draft.

Edited because of a simple math error. These are just opinions, not expecting it to happen but would be great.

Its easy for me to say, because its not my money. But I would like to keep Lewis. He is a good blocker, and has really assumed a leadership role in this locker room. We don't know what we'll get out of Thomas from a leadership stand point, and he doesn't even compare as a blocker. He also has his own injury concerns. Besides, its not like we're deep at TE.

But again, it's not my money that the Jags are spending. Going 2 TE sets in the endzone with Lewis/Thomas and Hurns/ARob (or hopefully, JB) would cause other teams fits...especially if that OL holds and we have a good RB to carry the rock.

Unless we're just absolutely plan on going bananas the rest of the FA and absolutely need Lewis' cap space, I say let him stay.

Messages In This Thread
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread*** - by SpeedyG - 03-09-2015, 10:13 PM