Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:Welp. He's on the bubble then.

On the bubble...gum

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And didn't we resign Ball?

I don't think Gratz is on the bubble, depth at that position is huge. Look at Seattle with browner and thurmand and maxwell and sherman and simon hahaha the more the merrier

Quote:He's probably done in Jax then. 

Doubt he's done but he is certainly down the depth chart. Also leaves alot of questions at who is the FS. Hopefully not Evans again.

Quote:So is Gratz just going to special teams and the 4th CB?

We have a few guys that we stashed last year in Harris and Reynolds who could be in position to give Gratz a run for his money if he doesn't bring it this year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I don't think Gratz is on the bubble, depth at that position is huge. Look at Seattle with browner and thurmand and maxwell and sherman and simon hahaha the more the merrier

He's on his rookie year, so he's probably not going to get cut. Too good for that. But certainly, his future with the team is in question.

Quote:Any of us?  I saw this as a very realistic scenario for weeks, expressed it in other threads, and implied it to you in the Darrelle Revis thread yesterday.  When a team's position coach is a player's former College HC, and the team has mega salary cap space, at minimum the team has to be at or near the top of the list of most likely destinations for the player. 

I mean there were no reports linking Davon House to the Jaguars, so anyone who "saw" it coming was just connecting dots.

Maybe they are going after Gipson?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Doubt he's done but he is certainly down the depth chart. Also leaves alot of questions at who is the FS. Hopefully not Evans again.

Yeah, concerned about that deep safety role still.

Quote:We have a few guys that we stashed last year in Harris and Reynolds who could be in position to give Gratz a run for his money if he doesn't bring it this year.

Hey let the best man win, I like the idea we have real competition at the secondary again. Not just warm bodies buying us time.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:No one like Da'Norris Searcy?
He's an in the box safety. We have one of those entrenched already. 

Quote:I mean there were no reports linking Davon House to the Jaguars, so anyone who "saw" it coming was just connecting dots.

There were reports in this very thread.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Maybe they are going after Gipson?

Most likely the draft. Dave isn't the type to trade away high picks.

Quote:I mean there were no reports linking Davon House to the Jaguars, so anyone who "saw" it coming was just connecting dots.

With all due respect,  a major part of the enjoyment I get from participating on this MB and on others is attempting to connect the dots.  Many,  if not most times,  it doesn't turn out the way I anticipate.   But w/o the connecting the dots aspect of following roster/ decision making in the NFL,  I probably wouldn't pay close attention to most teams.

Quote:Welp. He's on the bubble then.
Why? We will keep 5 CB anyways 4 will be active on gameday, no reason to cut and young guy like that

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:There were reports in this very thread.

Not the first 54 pages. I stopped reading every post after that because this thread is growing too fast for me to catch up.

Quote:Yeah, concerned about that deep safety role still.

Ugh. Me too. I can't imagine they plan to just stick with Evans.  There's gotta' be a plan for at least some mid-tier FA to push him and maybe a 2nd/3rd round pick. 

Quote:With all due respect,  a major part of the enjoyment I get from participating on this MB and on others is attempting to connect the dots.  Many,  if not most times,  it doesn't turn out the way I anticipate.   But w/o the connecting the dots aspect of following roster/ decision making in the NFL,  I probably wouldn't pay close attention to most teams.

Yeah it's certainly a fun game to play here. If free agency works out the way we anticipate, DeMarco Murray is next.

Quote:Not the first 54 pages. I stopped reading every post after that because this thread is growing too fast for me to catch up.

One excellent feature of this MB is the search engine component.   I've learned a tremendous amount over the years by using it.

Quote:Yeah it's certainly a fun game to play here. If free agency works out the way we anticipate, DeMarco Murray is next.

And even if it doesn't work out the way one or more of us anticipate,  there's a great opportunity to learn from the experience and give back to others in the process.