Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:Didn't watch much football last season did ya?

Right? Murray is a flat out beast and would help Bortles immensely!
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Big yawn here for Murray. We're in a bidding war for a RB on the downside? To do what, split carries with Shoelace for a year, then retire leaving a big cap hit?

So...you're satisfied with our stable of 3rd down RBs?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:How do you know he's on the downslide? He's just had his best year yet and won the offensive POTY.

Didn't you hear? Murray aged 6 years and lost a leg during the offseason..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I said a little prayer for us to get him.

And I still hate waiting.

Phew, good thinking. If he/she exists, I'm sure this is at the top of the list.

Casserly states that the Saints traded for Marcedes Lewis... These guys...

Quote:Big yawn here for Murray.  We're in a bidding war for a RB on the downside?  To do what, split carries with Shoelace for a year, then retire leaving a big cap hit? 
Downside? He is in the same year as MJD when he got going at his best 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I just want to know what happens by tonight or else I'm going to have to take nyquil to sleep lol!
Shock the world

I'm back on and looks like we're trending on Twitter:

(@statweestics) - #jaguars is getting popular, +575% the last hour : http://statweestics.com/213004/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I gotta believe Jags are now the favorite to get Murray. Gus's enthusiasm is very hard to resist. If he does sign with Jags, I'd then make the move for Gipson. Take Fowler or Gregory in the first, best linebacker in the 3rd (maybe Perryman).

Some people are just downers.  There is no doubt that this is a good move for our team.  Even if he signs, tears an acl, and never plays a down it was still a good move because we tried to get better.  You just can't sit on your hands because your afraid that a player could get injured, or could have had to many carries last year.  I love the job our front office has done this offseason.  I think these guys will be here awhile.

Oh, it might work out.  Murray is a quality RB and we may be able to extend his career by limiting his carries.  And true it's not my money.  It just doesn't seem that smart in the long term, spending big for a back with that many touches.  Careers tend to get short soon after years like Murray had in 2014.  And there are some good young RBs in the draft.

If Gus can't outsell Jack then it's cause Oakland is paying way more dollar than us

Quote:I gotta believe Jags are now the favorite to get Murray. Gus's enthusiasm is very hard to resist. If he does sign with Jags, I'd then make the move for Gipson. Take Fowler or Gregory in the first, best linebacker in the 3rd (maybe Perryman).

According to DiRocco, we have $31m left in cap space. Murray will take almost 10. Gipson will approach that number too. If we get Murray, Gipson is out of the question. Browns will just match anyway. 

Oh man, come on, I have to go to bed in a few hours and need to know what is happening/ calm down.  

Wait....just refilled my wine....all is well.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(@alexmarvez) - RT @aaronspencer23: from your time in covering Odrick, what are Jags fans getting #NFLFreeAgency #Jaguars<A beast. GREAT signing

Quote:Casserly states that the Saints traded for Marcedes Lewis... These guys...

I don't know if I should believe that or not.

Quote:I don't know if I should believe that or not.

You probably should.

Quote:I don't know if I should believe that or not.

NFL network doesn't lie.

who is this cornball brother reporting from Dallas on NFL Network

Quote:NFL network doesn't lie.
I think everyone got fooled lol