Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Hah I laughed.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JaxsonDeVille'>Jaxson DeVille ‏@JaxsonDeVille </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JaxsonDeVille/status/575721391288356864' title="2:14 PM - 11 Mar 2015">50s50 seconds ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Cool meeting <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JaredOdrick98'>@JaredOdrick98</a> Jared - "you the guy who flies on that zip line?" Me - yup Jared - "that's why I signed"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not really, he just said we didnt spend as much as he thought, since we missed on Cobb and McCourty, so Hardy is in play, he wont get signed real fast anyways

If Caldwell did not think much about Hardy, I don't think he wants him.

I don't get people wanting Hardy.  The world was so angry and pressured the Panthers to cut him... now everybody wants him on their team

Quote:If Caldwell did not think much about Hardy, I don't think he wants him.

Oh come on guys...

He's not going to tip his hand in a press conference introducing his new players and take anything away from them. If he says there looking hard into him, the presser will just become questions asking about him. Look at what happened on here when we heard we were hard after Murray...

We aren't getting Demarco Murray. I could put money on that now.
Shock the world

Quote:Oh come on guys...

He's not going to tip his hand in a press conference introducing his new players and take anything away from them. If he says there looking hard into him, the presser will just become questions asking about him. Look at what happened on here when we heard we were hard after Murray...

If reporters know it is inappropriate for a GM to say he wants somebody at a presser introducing other players, why do they ask him that kind of question?

Quote:We aren't getting Demarco Murray. I could put money on that now.

Who do you think will get him?

Quote:If reporters know it is inappropriate for a GM to say he wants somebody at a presser introducing other players, why do they ask him that kind of question?
Why wouldn't you? I still would...I just don't get why you guys expect him to say if we're really in on him.

Quote:Who do you think will get him?

Eagles or Cowboys
Shock the world

Murray will be a Cowboy. He's just squeezing everything he can out of them.

Draft Gurley I'm good.

Quote:Murray will be a Cowboy. He's just squeezing everything he can out of them.

Draft Gurley I'm good.

Gurley and Melvin Gordon will probably go late in the 1st round, it's unlikely either guy will be available at 36.

Quote:McCourty, but we'll have to see.

I really do think House is going to be pretty damn good here. Just have that gut feeling. He played really well in GB but struggled with injuries from the sounds of it, and if they think he's ascending and a better fit here, he's just going to get better.

I just dont know enough about Skuta or Brown. Dave sounds like he just said they'll ideally be starters, and if they play average or above average, than I'm not sure that's quite as easy of a question. I feel like it's much easier to get one of the 3 players we got versus an elite FS though...
Skuta is a solid player. He's what you expected Watson to be. A fast, long guy with pass rush ability and coverage ability. The reason he is an unknown is because he played behind not 3 but 4 talented guys in Willis, Bowmen, Brooks and Smith. When he stepped in for their injuries he produced. I won't say he will come in and dominate but I can see this as a Edelman level player. He will make plays and you will hear his name but he won't put up ridiculous numbers. Maybe 6 sacks, 2 picks 2 FF. Something like that. 

He also can play any type of LB 3-4 or 4-3. Thats where i think this signing excels. He can play the will or mike if Poz or Tevlin get hurt or just man the otto. Also adds speed to the defense. Solid pick up nothing more nothing less. 

Murray's agent just cost him his chance to come here. He'll have to take the money Oakland is offering or slink back to the Cowboys with his tail between his legs.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Gurley and Melvin Gordon will probably go late in the 1st round, it's unlikely either guy will be available at 36.

David Johnson. He's probably the most similar to Murray.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Sarcasm would not be so bad here if people added this to the end:  :teehee:
Thats just dumb : Ninja

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:David Johnson. He's probably the most similar to Murray.

I like David Johnson, will probably go in the mid 3rd early 4th.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 02:29 PM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:why? because he is trying to maximize his value? Your faulting him for not taking the first contract put in front of him and waiting to see how much he can squeeze out of teams? 

Sorry but you can't fault a person for getting everything he can.
O naw I get what hes doing. IMO I think he dosent want to play for the jags unless its really crazy money that he cant refuse.

@1010XLAG) - #Jaguars GM in response to #DeMarcoMurray RT @BrentAS360: Caldwell: "I don't anticipate anything happening in next few days."

Quote:I don't get people wanting Hardy. The world was so angry and pressured the Panthers to cut him... now everybody wants him on their team

Because the charges against him were dropped. In the eyes of the law he is innocent. He really shouldn't have been suspended at all.

Yeah its clear he doesn't want to come here. Its time to move on to spiller for less and other FAs. Murray is wasting time.

His money can be spent on 2 other players.

Would love to have him but only if he is proud to be a jag