Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:If he is taking visits he will probably go to Oakland, Philly, and Jacksonville. After that he will choose between best opportunity or money. Still a slim chance for us unless the almighty Gus takes over the room. 
Where does it say visits?  I read visit

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@
AdamSchefter </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/575843812897087488'>1m1 minute ago</a>

It's on: Cowboys free-agent RB DeMarco Murray is flying to Philadelphia to meet Eagles officials on Thursday, per league source.

Quick, tweet McCoy and Gore to give him a talk first lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

That was a brilliant trade by the Eagles.  You get Murray on a cheaper deal than McCoy, who is better IMO.  Plus you get Kiko Alonzo for free, lol

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 10:30 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

why did the Bills not just go after Murray for cheaper and they could of kept the 2013 rookie defensive player of the year, stupid

Quote:Have fun playing for a coach who doesn't care about his players, a cold weather environment, a fan base that will turn on you the minute you don't do something right, and a team destined for 8-8 with a season full of drama.

Just for some 2 game revenge on your former team. I'm glad this guy isn't coming to Jacksonville and I'm sure Dave is glad as well. Let's go draft the next stud RB!

Man, you're starting to take this personally! lol, we've got a little time before the draft to have this all play out.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Man, you're starting to take this personally! lol, we've got a little time before the draft to have this all play out.

Emotions definitely come into play cmon now...it's what the NFL is for.. Entertainment!

I've been waiting for news for 48 hours just to hear him go to the Eagles (have a lot of friends who are Eagles fans also)
Shock the world

Quote:Quick, tweet McCoy and Gore to give him a talk first lol

No need. Didn't Gore back out after talking with Kelly? A face to face should send him running out the door.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think we're out of it guys:

Quote:DeMarco Murray | FA

(March 11, 2015 10:22 PM EDT)

Free agent DeMarco Murray will visit the Eagles on Thursday.

Per ESPN's Adam Caplan, the Eagles' interest in Murray "got serious" on Wednesday, even after signing Ryan Mathews. The Jaguars already seem to have dropped out of the Murray running, while the Raiders were likely only included to drive up Murray's price tag. We'd expect Murray's decision to come down to the Eagles or Cowboys. Dallas' offer is $5 million annually.

SOURCE: ADAM SCHEFTER ON TWITTER

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:That was a brilliant trade by the Eagles.  You get Murray on a cheaper deal than McCoy, who is better IMO.  Plus you get Kiko Alonzo for free, lol
Murray isnt better then McCoy, Murray is good but he played behind the best OL in football and had one of the top WRs and QBs, it was all on McCoy last year in phly as the player people was scared of

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I was listening to a radio show earlier and they talked about how murray isnt the best fit in philly because they don't have anything similar to the scheme of the cowboys. The Cowboys run 2 TE sets with more people blocking and then run the ball downhill behind a top line. That is where Murray is good. He will not succeed in the Philadelphia system that relies on you making all the cuts and moves yourself like McCoy was able to do. They are not a power rushing team.

Slight respect. At least they didn't say Jax was in it to drive up the price.

Quote:I think we're out of it guys:

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:I was listening to a radio show earlier and they talked about how murray isnt the best fit in philly because they don't have anything similar to the scheme of the cowboys. The Cowboys run 2 TE sets with more people blocking and then run the ball downhill behind a top line. That is where Murray is good. He will not succeed in the Philadelphia system that relies on you making all the cuts and moves yourself like McCoy was able to do. They are not a power rushing team.

That's why he's going back to Dallas. He knows where his heart is. He's just dragging his feet right now.

Quote:That's why he's going back to Dallas. He knows where his heart is. He's just dragging his feet right now.
I don't blame him if all Dallas is offering is 5mill per year. That is hardly more than Ingram got. That is such a slight to him 

This MurrayFrenzy2015 is wearing me out. We need a new story to follow. Link to Hardy? Looking into Browner more? Gipson? Give me something Dave!

Quote:This MurrayFrenzy2015 is wearing me out. We need a new story to follow. Link to Hardy? Looking into Browner more? Gipson? Give me something Dave!

Probably won't hear much until next week. They are going to let the market slow down some and for some of these prices to go down.

Let's just draft David Johnson and call it a day.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/mayocks-slant/...-promising

Can someone please explain to me how a guy like Davon House signs for 6.25M or an unproven Parnell signs for 6.5M while DeMarco Murray (offensive player of the year) will probably go for around 7M.  What am I missing?

"Murray won't succeed in this system"

"Murray won't succeed without the best line in football"

The only way he won't succeed is if his line is horrible, or he gets hurt from overuse this past year. He's an elite runner in every sense of the word. Put him on any decent team and he'll be good. He would do just fine in Philadelphia.

Quote:Can someone please explain to me how a guy like Davon House signs for 6.25M or an unproven Parnell signs for 6.5M while DeMarco Murray (offensive player of the year) will probably go for around 7M.  What am I missing?
value of the position

pass happy league means more money for cbs to defend the pass and tackles that keep the passer up right

rbs are a dying breed and so their value reduces

Quote:Can someone please explain to me how a guy like Davon House signs for 6.25M or an unproven Parnell signs for 6.5M while DeMarco Murray (offensive player of the year) will probably go for around 7M.  What am I missing?
Its all about the position. Running backs don't normally get paid much because they have a small shelf life and they are dispensable for the most part. Meanwhile DB's and OL have longer careers and you can't just play anyone at the position. I'm not trying to downplay the difficulty of running back it's just that there seems to be a lot more people that can play the role for the short term for teams.