Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:Let's just draft David Johnson and call it a day.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/videos/mayocks-slant/0ap3000000445753/Mayock-s-Slant-UNI-running-back-David-Johnson-looks-promising'>http://www.nfl.com/videos/mayocks-slant/0ap3000000445753/Mayock-s-Slant-UNI-running-back-David-Johnson-looks-promising</a>
Really like his game. Reminds me of Forte

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 11:27 PM by Pujo.)

Quote:"Murray won't succeed in this system"

"Murray won't succeed without the best line in football"

The only way he won't succeed is if his line is horrible, or he gets hurt from overuse this past year. He's an elite runner in every sense of the word. Put him on any decent team and he'll be good. He would do just fine in Philadelphia.
I tend to disagree. If you watch a lot of DeMarco and McCoy you can really see the difference between the style of running. Murray does one cut and run through the seam made by his OL. McCoy will sometimes juke out half the team just to gain 5 yards behind that Philly OL. The Eagles are about getting the runners in space which is not Murray's strong suit, but of course he has the ability to do it to some degree just not to the same level as McCoy. 

I'm not saying Murray needs an amazing line I just think the scheme of Philly is so different that it doesn't fit his style of running. On most other teams I think Murray would do well.

Quote:Really like his game. Reminds me of Forte

I can see some Forte. I get an Arian Foster vibe as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I can see some Forte. I get an Arian Foster vibe as well.
Yeah his versatility reminds me of Forte but his running style truly is similar to Foster

Quote:Yeah his versatility reminds me of Forte but his running style truly is similar to Foster

He reminded me of Leveon Bell during the senior bowl game to be honest.
Shock the world

Quote:I tend to disagree. If you watch a lot of DeMarco and McCoy you can really see the difference between the style of running. Murray does one cut and run through the seam made by his OL. McCoy will sometimes juke out half the team just to gain 5 yards behind that Philly OL. The Eagles are about getting the runners in space which is not Murray's strong suit, but of course he has the ability to do it to some degree just not to the same level as McCoy. 

I'm not saying Murray needs an amazing line I just think the scheme of Philly is so different that it doesn't fit his style of running. On most other teams I think Murray would do well.

One cut backs aren't any worse than elusive east/west guys like McCoy. Some of the best runners of all time were one cut backs. Chip decided to get rid of McCoy and wants Murray; maybe he was forced to cater to McCoy and Murray actually fits his scheme better. 

Tweet from Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) - Murray has wanted to stay all along, but Cowboys have not shown him that they really want him back..yet..Eagles stepped in. It's on.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/575847486872535041

That pretty much confirms DeMarco's intentions.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:One cut backs aren't any worse than elusive east/west guys like McCoy. Some of the best runners of all time were one cut backs. Chip decided to get rid of McCoy and wants Murray; maybe he was forced to cater to McCoy and Murray actually fits his scheme better. 
I agree with this. I think Chip will love a guy that hits the hole a 100 mph and runs down hill. Often times in his scheme the RB is through the first level untouched and Murray will definitely hit the hole hard and punish the first guy who tries to tackle him.

Obviously McCoy is a great back but I feel Chip believes he can get the same or more production from Murray.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:One cut backs aren't any worse than elusive east/west guys like McCoy. Some of the best runners of all time were one cut backs. Chip decided to get rid of McCoy and wants Murray; maybe he was forced to cater to McCoy and Murray actually fits his scheme better. 
You're probably right I don't follow much about the Eagles just listening to the mindless "talking heads" on tv which is a bad idea  :teehee:

I don't see how Chip let's him leave the building without a signed contract. 

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:LOL!

Manning took less money. Cobb signed with green bay, it's acknowledged he would have gotten More Money if he went into free agency.

I lol at your simple minded lol...

:-)

Once Murray makes his decision I think we'll start being a little more active on Hardy, maybe Moore, and the next tier guys. There's still a slim, prayer of a chance Murray chooses us, don't want to tie up his money elsewhere if somehow he chooses us.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The only thing that bugs me about the DeMarco Murray situation is that, unless I'm mistaken, he only got on the phone with Gus and didn't visit Jacksonville.  I think the perception from the outside looking in is that Jacksonville is a below-average franchise with subpar facilities and isn't well run.  In short, the general perception is that it's a loser franchise.  However, when players visit the facility and meet with Shad, Dave and Gus, they get an entirely different feel for the organization.  I don't think Murray ever did that and if he had, he might've felt differently about wanting to go to Philly or Dallas.  

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Murray gonna sign with Phly unless Dallas out pays them

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Really like his game. Reminds me of Forte

An older reference, but he reminds me alot of Keith Byars.

Anyone else seen this rumor?

http://national.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/77...ade-rumors

Blake for Brees and a 1st rounder? That sounds awful....

Quote:Anyone else seen this rumor?

0.0% chance

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015, 09:29 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Double post
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://national.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/775493/drew-brees-trade-rumors'>http://national.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/775493/drew-brees-trade-rumors</a>

Ridiculous. Caldwell would never trade Bortles.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if NO offered it to us, but we wouldn't accept
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

In theory, I'm good with Brees as our starting QB, but that would be kind of a head scratcher seeing as how big our GM was in on Bortles and we JUST drafted him last year.