Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Getting Hardy will give us some flexibility because we won't be entitled to draft a LEO. Opens up doors to trade downs as well as other positions.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Alright Adam reported Murray will sign with Eagles, finally we can move on from that diva,hope he enjoys being treated less important in chips system who can "plug" anyone

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015, 12:20 PM by FreeAgent01.)

Well, Hardy can play LDE or RDE and I would have expected him to play LDE in this defense. With Odrick on the roster, I have to believe Hardy would be a RDE/Leo.

Hardy/Williams/Marks/Odrick. Sure like the sounds of this.

Quote:Getting Hardy will give us some flexibility because we won't be entitled to draft a LEO. Opens up doors to trade downs as well as other positions.
???

Lol not that I care anymore about Murray...but funny thing to think about, Dave and Gus went to Phili first before choosing us...

Quote:Hardy/Williams/Marks/Odrick. Sure like the sounds of this.

That is an intimidating defensive line, interior and exterior pressure, similar to what Seattle generates.

If we get Hardy and pull out Leonard Williams than I believe we will have the best DL in the league. Forget about Seattle's DL and the Dolphins DL. Hardy is easily 10 sacks or more. Marks might be on a decline due to injury but his ability to stop the run and get to the QB is still there. Leonard Willaims will punish guards and can get to QB as well as disrupt the run. Odrick at 5-tech DE would also help stop the run as well as be a pass rusher. OTTO in Skuta is very intriguing, he has set a goal of 10 sacks. Lets see what goes down but this line up would mean number 1 run defense. 

I wouldn't mind Hardy.Shelton.Marks.Odrick. Thats also a great lineup.

Quote:I wouldn't mind Hardy.Shelton.Marks.Odrick. Thats also a great lineup.

Yeah, I agree and think this would actually be a better line. Shelton is a more natural 1 tech than Williams. Then there is the added bonus that he could be had in a trade down.

Quote:Hardy/Williams/Marks/Odrick. Sure like the sounds of this.
Oh may Big Grin make it happen Dave 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Despite the positive vibes coming out of everbank, i have to say im a bit underwhelmed.

"We want blue chippers"..... While we swung on most of them, the fact is we only came away with 1, that being thomas. Even though it wasnt for lack of trying, still disappointing.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015, 12:44 PM by DUUUUUVAAL TIL I DIE.)

Quote:Despite the positive vibes coming out of everbank, i have to say im a bit underwhelmed.

"We want blue chippers"..... While we swung on most of them, the fact is we only came away with 1, that being thomas. Even though it wasnt for lack of trying, still disappointing.
Because we can completely control Cobb and Mccourty turning down less money to stay with their teams

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Quote:Because we can completely control Cobb and Mccourty turning down less money to stay with their teams

I admitted it wasnt our fault. We tried. Disappointing regardless.

Dave had Big John slap him across the face before sending out those offer sheets.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Because we can completely control Cobb and Mccourty turning down less money to stay with their teams

I think Mccourty is going to regret it in a couple of years when Brady is done and the Jaguars are yearly contenders.

Shelton is a blue chip player to me. I don't see what we could be losing if we draft him. Of course he won't have sacks but he is truly that 1-tech DT or NT that is a enforcer on running downs. 

Honestly speaking we are prob 7-9 team with the free agent additions. If Bortles, OL, WR, DB improve we are easily 10-6 team or better. 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000478441/article/ryan-mathews-has-yet-to-sign-his-eagles-contract'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000478441/article/ryan-mathews-has-yet-to-sign-his-eagles-contract</a>

Absolutely zero interest