Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Could they be worse than what we have now?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015, 05:54 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:i wouldn't mind taking a shot at Harvin on a two year incentive laden deal

worst case scenario he gets hurt

best case scenario we got a dynamic playmaker on offense and special teams
Yeah, I'm sure that is the type of vet that Dave would like to surround the young receivers and possibly Blackmon with.

Quote:I wouldn't really call his best year productive. 3.6 yards per carry is pretty bad, and the Browns had a really good offensive line.

Yea, but it wasn't horrible. He had almost 1000 yards and I think like 13 or 14 TDs. That's not horrible. Definitely not AP or Murray for that matter, but it's not like Toby either....

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Yea, but it wasn't horrible. He had almost 1000 yards and I think like 13 or 14 TDs. That's not horrible. Definitely not AP or Murray for that matter, but it's not like Toby either....

Hm, 3.6 YPC with a really good offensive line does sound a lot like Toby to me. Anyone coming here wouldn't have an already elite level line.

Quote:i wouldn't mind taking a shot at Harvin on a two year incentive laden deal

worst case scenario he gets hurt

best case scenario we got a dynamic playmaker on offense and special teams

I'm not down for Harvin. His situation isn't like Hardy's, Bowe's, or Richardson's to me. He's a cancer to the teams he's been associated with. With our youth and the need for consistency, he would not be welcome in my eyes. I wouldn't give him a glance...

GO JAGS!!

Quote:I'm not down for Harvin. His situation isn't like Hardy's, Bowe's, or Richardson's to me. He's a cancer to the teams he's been associated with. With our youth and the need for consistency, he would not be welcome in my eyes. I wouldn't give him a glance...

GO JAGS!!
I agree.

Quote:Yeah, I'm sure that is the type of vet that Dave would like to surround the young receivers and possibly Blackmon with.
what proof do you have that Harvin is a cancer/bad teammate?

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/576139396610568194' title="5:55 PM - 12 Mar 2015">6m6 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Jordan Cameron done w/ Cleveland, 2 yrs $15M, source says <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash'>#Browns</a>

How much weed do I need to smoke to think signing Trent Richardson is a good idea?  Or should I skip it and go straight to crack?

Only a chump boos the home team!

Caldwell after signing Richardson:

[Image: image.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015, 06:09 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

Quote:Hm, 3.6 YPC with a really good offensive line does sound a lot like Toby to me. Anyone coming here wouldn't have an already elite level line.

If you look at productivity simply from YPC, then you're limiting your scale. MJD only averaged about a yard over that number and he was real productive for us in the earlier days. And T. Rich was a rookie that year. I'm not claiming that he's the next coming of Barry Sanders, but to simply state he could never be better than Toby or Johnson when they've done nothing as well; makes no sense. Like I said, I'd rather go after Spiller or even draft an RB. But I wouldn't "complain" if they decided to try him out.

GO JAGS!!

Quote:what proof do you have that Harvin is a cancer/bad teammate?
Try this:  http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_...to-seattle

Career YPC:  Trent Richardson 3.3   Toby 4.3

Toby was hurt early last year and didn't fully recover making his first year as a Jag underwhelming.  Writing the guy off is one thing.  Saying Richardson is a better option is lying to yourself.

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:what proof do you have that Harvin is a cancer/bad teammate?

Are we thinking of the same Percy Harvin? lol

lemme get stevie johnson

Quote:Adding guys like Bowe and Richardson would be upgrades from guys like Ace and Toby. They may not have had recent success but may be able to have success in a new system wirh renewed opportunity
Toby is  better then Richardson, and Bowe doesnt play ST or return punts, would be a waste of signing 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Big issue now: dallas and jax are both in need of backs..... Dallas can take one late rd 1, possibly keeping us from getting the one we want

"Hey guys, I recognize this guy's name. Let's get him! He was good ten years ago!"
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:If you look at productivity simply from YPC, then you're limiting your scale. MJD only averaged about a yard over that number and he was real productive for us in the earlier days. And T. Rich was a rookie that year. I'm not claiming that he's the next coming of Barry Sanders, but to simply state he could never be better than Toby or Johnson when they've done nothing as well; makes no sense. Like I said, I'd rather go after Spiller or even draft an RB. But I wouldn't "complain" if they decided to try him out.

GO JAGS!!

4.3 is OK for a running back. 

3.3 YPC is horrendous, especially for a feature back. It's only 1 yard, but that one yard is huge.

Why not Steve wisniewski and the trade for Evan Mathis if the asking price is right?
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]