Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:After the opener in St. Louis,  it looked like you made a tremendous selection to your FF roster.   The Adrian Peterson situation was the # 1 factor in why C. Patterson's impact was much less than expected on Offense in 2014,   But unless he becomes detailed oriented enough for Mike Zimmer,  Norv Turner,  and co.,  his future in Minnesota is in jeopardy.   Zimmer is a no non-sense type of coach.  Turner's Offense is based greatly on precision.  

What does Adrian Peterson's suspension have to do with Cordarelle Patterson playing like crap?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What does Adrian Peterson's suspension have to do with Cordarelle Patterson playing like crap?

I'll answer your question with another question.

Which player on the Minnesota Vikings Offense got the most attention from opposing Defenses by far,  prior to Adrian Peterson's suspension?

Quote:I'll answer your question with another question.

Which player on the Minnesota Vikings Offense got the most attention from opposing Defenses by far,  prior to Adrian Peterson's suspension?

Uh oh, you just made her head explode!

Quote:Uh oh, you just made her head explode!

The question I asked reminds me of the old classic question regarding the color of George Washington's white horse.   :yes:

<a class="" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/13/raiders-have-interest-in-greg-hardy/'>Raiders have interest in Greg Hardy</a>

Whelp things might start heating up for his services now

Quote:Raiders have interest in Greg Hardy

Whelp things might start heating up for his services now

This is the type of gamble I can picture the Raiders making.    It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Raiders viewed Greg Hardy with a more favorable risk/ reward ratio than practically any other team in the NFL.   While most teams would be reluctant to touch Hardy with an 11' pole,   the Raiders might view the situation as in what do we have to lose!

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo'>Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/576243470068641792' title="12:48 AM - 13 Mar 2015">8m8 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Accurate. One of many teams interested. His murky status slowing the process. RT <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/raidersgiants'>@raidersgiants</a>: mike, anything on the Hardy/Oakland rumors?

Quote:After the opener in St. Louis, it looked like you made a tremendous selection to your FF roster. The Adrian Peterson situation was the # 1 factor in why C. Patterson's impact was much less than expected on Offense in 2014, But unless he becomes detailed oriented enough for Mike Zimmer, Norv Turner, and co., his future in Minnesota is in jeopardy. Zimmer is a no non-sense type of coach. Turner's Offense is based greatly on precision.

If Norv Turner and Zimmer are content in letting Patterson waist away then it's just bad coaching. I understand that maybe Patterson isn't where they want him to be as a route runner. At the same time however, Norv Turner for as great as he's been as an OC historically, has to find unique ways to get a guy of Patterson's talent the ball. If he doesn't do that and Patterson never takes that next step, its partially on the staff IMO.

I feel like the same thing is happening to Tavon Austin in St. Louis. Some guys are never going to be elite route runners but that doesn't mean they can't be elite WR's. You play to their strengths early and hope they develop the other parts of their game. If they don't at least you maximized their potential instead of trying to make them something they were never going to be in the first place and only getting marginal results.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Nicks is probably the best bet for us veteran WR wise. Doesn't have attitude problems, pretty sure handed, and really he's only here to help groom the young guys, give them tips between plays, etc. Even if one of his injuries keeps him out he can still do that.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo'>Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/576348822332313600' title="7:47 AM - 13 Mar 2015">7m7 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Brian Orakpo's deal with the Titans: four years, $32 million base value, $35 million max, with $13.5 guaranteed, per source.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Only a little over 10 mil per pectoral tear!

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo  ·  7m 7 minutes ago
And things just got more interesting in Tennessee: The Titans have agreed to terms on a deal to retain LB Derrick Morgan, source says.
Morgan's deal with the Titans is four years, $27 million base, with $3 million more in incentives, so $30 million max. $10.5m guaranteed.

Quote:Nicks is probably the best bet for us veteran WR wise. Doesn't have attitude problems, pretty sure handed, and really he's only here to help groom the young guys, give them tips between plays, etc. Even if one of his injuries keeps him out he can still do that.

Isnt Nate Washington out there? I think he would be a nice vetran to come in and teach the young guys

Quote:Isnt Nate Washington out there? I think he would be a nice vetran to come in and teach the young guys

He would be a nice addition for this team. Would not cost much and would add a nice veteran presence.

Quote:He would be a nice addition for this team. Would not cost much and would add a nice veteran presence.

I've been saying this for a while now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:  I'll answer your question with another question.

In fairness, it didn't stop guys like Wright and Johnson to step up later in the year when given the chance while Patterson disappeared from their offense.

Do you think we will be linked to a WR or DE in the next day or 2?

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Quote:Uh oh, you just made her head explode!

ROTFL!!

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:In fairness, it didn't stop guys like Wright and Johnson to step up later in the year when given the chance while Patterson disappeared from their offense.

I think you illustrated why the Vikings coaches are not happy with the way C. Patterson progressed.   If Patterson was more detail oriented and picked up the team's overall Offense better than he apparently has,   the impact of the loss of Adrian Peterson wouldn't have been felt so much in Patterson's game. 

Quote:Do you think we will be linked to a WR or DE in the next day or 2?

Probably not imo.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:If Norv Turner and Zimmer are content in letting Patterson waist away then it's just bad coaching. I understand that maybe Patterson isn't where they want him to be as a route runner. At the same time however, Norv Turner for as great as he's been as an OC historically, has to find unique ways to get a guy of Patterson's talent the ball. If he doesn't do that and Patterson never takes that next step, its partially on the staff IMO.

I feel like the same thing is happening to Tavon Austin in St. Louis. Some guys are never going to be elite route runners but that doesn't mean they can't be elite WR's. You play to their strengths early and hope they develop the other parts of their game. If they don't at least you maximized their potential instead of trying to make them something they were never going to be in the first place and only getting marginal results.

The Vikings still tried to get the ball to C. Patterson after Adrian Peterson was told to go home.   The problem seemed to be the type of plays involving Patterson getting the ball that worked previously no longer worked when Peterson was gone.   Opposing Defenses knew that the Vikings had limited other options that could be game changers,   hence they were waiting for the end arounds/  reverses,  and bubble screens.     The injury that knocked out Kyle Rudolph for many weeks certainly didn't help their situation either.