Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:Whelp, i stand corrected.  Vikings.

I'm pretty suprised.  Miami is having a nice little free agency in my opinion.

Yes they are. They're finding dumb teams to give up draft picks/good young players for crap contracts. I didn't expect Miami to be able to dump those contracts on other teams, let alone for worthwhile pieces.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like all the trades this year. This has to be the most active FA period in a long time.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I guess now that Wallace went to the Vikings we can expect to hear Patterson to be traded within the next day or two.

This is like watching dominoes fall.

I'd give a 7th, maybe a 6th for Patterson. Wed be set at PR and who know, maybe Sullivan works some magic.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2015, 08:15 PM by FreeAgent01.)

I would give up as much as a 5th for Patterson.  He locks up both return positions and would be a nice piece to attempt to develop in the slot.  If he doesn't work out in the slot, you still have your return man.

Quote:I guess now that Wallace went to the Vikings we can expect to hear Patterson to be traded within the next day or two.

This is like watching dominoes fall.

Patterson has big potential. I doubt the Vikings consider him trade bait.

Quote:Patterson has big potential. I doubt the Vikings consider him trade bait.

Well, you did just say that Wallace wouldn't be traded either after I suggested that he may be traded soon.

Quote:Well, you did just say that Wallace wouldn't be traded either after I suggested that he may be traded soon.

Oh, sorry I forgot you are 100% accurate with your predictions

Quote:I would give up as much as a 5th for Patterson. He locks up both return positions and would be a nice piece to attempt to develop in the slot. If he doesn't work out in the slot, you still have your return man.

I'd easily do a 5th for Patterson.

Agree that I don't see any way they trade off Patterson this year...

Quote:Oh, sorry I forgot you are 100% accurate with your predictions

Maybe not 100%, but so far just more accurate than you.

CP is the red-headed step child in Minnesota.  The coaches don't like him very much and his playing time decreased significantly throughout the year.  There were already rumors of him being on the trade block for the last day or two.  Them trading for Wallace only seems to confirm, to some extent, that he may indeed be on the block.

Quote:I think with both Lewis and Thomas, we'll have an opportunity to be creative in ways we haven't seen out of this team yet.

As long as the new OC has a really good and inventive offensive mind.

Hopefully he does.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Honesty Patterson warrants at least a fourth round pick.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Honesty Patterson warrants at least a fourth round pick.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. We need to have a meeting on this before we go throwing out a pic that high!

Well, it looks as if this thread is finally trailing off ...

One of the great threads in the history of this message board imo. Thanks to all who made the effort to keep us informed, especially via twitter messages - for those of us who aren't twitter followers. I'm not sure we'll see an opening day to free agency like this again in quite sometime.

It was great while it lasted. Now I guess we get back to "normal" free agency.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Man, we should have just signed Dallas Clark. I think we will discover that Lewis and Clark would have been instrumental to our Super Bowl expedition

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/caplannfl'>Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/576808274005270529' title="2:13 PM - 14 Mar 2015">2m2 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Vikings?src=hash'>#Vikings</a> announced: Released WR Greg Jennings.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/576806068724084736' title="2:04 PM - 14 Mar 2015">11m11 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Reggie Bush and 49ers reached agreement, per sources. Bush back in California.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  11m11 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Reggie Bush and 49ers reached agreement, per sources. Bush back in California.

</div>

And Ron Parker back to KC, 5 years 30 mil, glad we passed on him, no way is he worth 30 mil

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl  2m2 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">#Vikings announced: Released WR Greg Jennings.

</div>
This is the first veteran cut that I have actually thought might have a slim chance of signing w/ the Jags. Dave did say the main thing he had his eye on was a veteran slot receiver, and Jennings was a pretty good slot man last year.

Of course, Jennings probably wants to find a last chance at a super bowl and will be looking for a contender...but like I said this is the first "OMG A NAME I'VE HEARD OF GET HIM!" guy that I think Dave might have a little interest in.