Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

I'd love the Jags to go for Jennings.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No thx on Jennings, would rather give that time to Hurns. Hurns had just as good as season last year in his rookie year and Jennings had the great Teddy Bridgewater, no thx

Jennings won a SB with the Packers.  So he will most likely be looking for one last pay day to secure his retirement. Caught about 60 balls and 6 TDs for the Vikes with Cassell/Teddy at TD.  Be interested to see what he could do with Bortles.

Quote:This is the first veteran cut that I have actually thought might have a slim chance of signing w/ the Jags. Dave did say the main thing he had his eye on was a veteran slot receiver, and Jennings was a pretty good slot man last year.

Of course, Jennings probably wants to find a last chance at a super bowl and will be looking for a contender...but like I said this is the first "OMG A NAME I'VE HEARD OF GET HIM!" guy that I think Dave might have a little interest in. 

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:No thx on Jennings, would rather give that time to Hurns. Hurns had just as good as season last year in his rookie year and Jennings had the great Teddy Bridgewater, no thx

I agree. All this talk about adding a veteran WR makes sense, until you realize there's a limited number of snaps and catches to go around. I want to see the young guys get their chance to play.

Quote:I agree. All this talk about adding a veteran WR makes sense, until you realize there's a limited number of snaps and catches to go around. I want to see the young guys get their chance to play.

It makes sense, but are you really comfortable trotting out a receiving corps that has almost as many combined catches in their careers as Jimmy Smith had in one season?  Now, if we are counted addition by subtraction with Julius Thomas then I guess i'd be comfortable rolling with it.  I just really want some experience in the receivers to where theres ONE guy out there that has more than 2 years in the league.  I'd like Stevie Johnson honestly.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Hurns isn't really a slot receiver though, Jennings is one. I think Hurns fits best as #4 and primary backup to the outside receivers.

Quote:It makes sense, but are you really comfortable trotting out a receiving corps that has almost as many combined catches in their careers as Jimmy Smith had in one season?  Now, if we are counted addition by subtraction with Julius Thomas then I guess i'd be comfortable rolling with it.  I just really want some experience in the receivers to where theres ONE guy out there that has more than 2 years in the league.  I'd like Stevie Johnson honestly.

I guess it depends on the Blackmon situation. If he's back then you have Blackmon, Lee, Robinson (in no particular order for those three) and Hurns likely 4th on the depth chart. Do you really want to push him to 5th? And would Johnson be that much of an upgrade over Hurns as the 4th guy (because he sure as heck wouldn't move ahead of Lee, Robinson or Blackmon). I'd argue that Johnson wouldn't be an upgrade over Hurns at all.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2015, 03:33 PM by BritishJag.)

Quote:I agree. All this talk about adding a veteran WR makes sense, until you realize there's a limited number of snaps and catches to go around. I want to see the young guys get their chance to play.
And then you realise Robinson finished the year on IR, Hurns and Lee both missed time injured too.

I think Hurns would be a great #4 option, get someone experienced like Jennings to man the slot and Hurns can cover Robinson/Lee when they're injured.

Quote:Hurns isn't really a slot receiver though, Jennings is one. I think Hurns fits best as #4 and primary backup to the outside receivers.
A few of Hurns TDs last year came in the slot, could of easily had a few others, a rookie with 50 rec. 675yds and 6 tds. A rookie that led his team in rec, yrds, and tds fits best as a 4th wr back up? Lol Gotcha

Quote:Hurns isn't really a slot receiver though, Jennings is one. I think Hurns fits best as #4 and primary backup to the outside receivers.

The slot role can be addressed in a lot of ways. I don't think you really need to have one guy who plays primarily as a traditional slot receiver. Lee can play there occassionally. Julius Thomas can be lined up in a lot of creative ways. Draft a RB who can catch passes (hello David Johnson, and welcome to Duval).

Quote:And then you realise Robinson finished the year on IR, Hurns and Lee both missed time injured too.

I think Hurns would be a great #4 option, get someone experienced like Jennings to man the slot and Hurns can cover Robinson/Lee when they're injured.
Hurns didnt miss any games. Hes tough though, he did play some games hurt

Quote:Well, it looks as if this thread is finally trailing off ...

One of the great threads in the history of this message board imo. Thanks to all who made the effort to keep us informed, especially via twitter messages - for those of us who aren't twitter followers. I'm not sure we'll see an opening day to free agency like this again in quite sometime.

It was great while it lasted. Now I guess we get back to "normal" free agency.

Quote:A few of Hurns TDs last year came in the slot, could of easily had a few others, a rookie with 50 rec. 675yds and 6 tds. A rookie that led his team in rec, yrds, and tds fits best as a 4th wr back up? Lol Gotcha

The funnier point is that if Jennings or Stevie Johnson were signed, Hurns would most likely be relegated to #5 on the depth chart. Just for the sake of having a veteran presence who has no long-term future with the team? I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

I agree a epic thread and thanks to everyone

Quote:The funnier point is that if Jennings or Stevie Johnson were signed, Hurns would most likely be relegated to #5 on the depth chart. Just for the sake of having a veteran presence who has no long-term future with the team? I'm sorry, I just don't see it.
I really doubt that. Hurns can only get better and minus the drops last year he was pretty good.

Quote:The funnier point is that if Jennings or Stevie Johnson were signed, Hurns would most likely be relegated to #5 on the depth chart. Just for the sake of having a veteran presence who has no long-term future with the team? I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

Not necessarily.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/576843124913283072' title="4:31 PM - 14 Mar 2015">41s41 seconds ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">CB Perrish Cox has just agreed to terms with the <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Titans?src=hash'>#Titans</a>, per source

Is it bad that I completely forgot about Blackmon?

Quote:I guess it depends on the Blackmon situation. If he's back then you have Blackmon, Lee, Robinson (in no particular order for those three) and Hurns likely 4th on the depth chart. Do you really want to push him to 5th? And would Johnson be that much of an upgrade over Hurns as the 4th guy (because he sure as heck wouldn't move ahead of Lee, Robinson or Blackmon). I'd argue that Johnson wouldn't be an upgrade over Hurns at all.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2015, 05:41 PM by Voltage-.)

Quote:No thx on Jennings, would rather give that time to Hurns. Hurns had just as good as season last year in his rookie year and Jennings had the great Teddy Bridgewater, no thx

Hurns has hands made of concrete, and isn't a slot guy. 

Jennings would be an excellent signing IMO. The QB situation was a dumpster fire until Teddy took the field last year. He can play in the slot, and he's only 31 (he isn't a relic coming off of multiple knee surgeries like Reggie Wayne).