Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

He is about to turn 31. Doubt he has much of anything to offer.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He is about to turn 31. Doubt he has much of anything to offer.

Might not but I did see at the vetran combine on the bench he benched 7 more times than anyone at the rookie combine this year.

And not knowing how contracts work i wouldnt think it would be costly to bring him in and if he gets cut it would cost next to nothing.

Jaguars interested in Greg Jennings. Would he be a welcome addition??

http://www.generationjaguar.net/blog/dav...g-jennings

I'd rather have Jennings than Bowe..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I'd rather have Jennings than Bowe..

Agreed.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Bowe got an absurd contract too. Jennings is surely much cheaper, and if not I highly doubt we wind up with him.

Quote:Jaguars interested in Greg Jennings. Would he be a welcome addition??

http://www.generationjaguar.net/blog/dav...g-jennings

Of course.

They want a vet in the WR group.  Fits the bill.  Shouldn't be expensive, but he may feel like a short timer and hope to go with a playoff team.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Anyone think Crabtree would be ok for the price? I'm not sure that Greg Jennings would out produce him by much. Me personally, I'd rather them draft someone for the slot WR position than signing a veteran. I guess the veteran presence is important though too.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2015, 04:39 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Anyone think Crabtree would be ok for the price? I'm not sure that Greg Jennings would out produce him by much. Me personally, I'd rather them draft someone for the slot WR position than signing a veteran. I guess the veteran presence is important though too.
Quote:Michael Crabtree willing to wait for contract

Michael Crabtree | FA

(March 24, 2015 12:26 PM EDT)

Free agent WR Michael Crabtree is reportedly willing to wait "however long it takes to find an appealing situation for the 2015 season."

Crabtree's market has been ice cold, with teams scared off by both his sapped lower-leg explosion and questionable locker room character. The 49ers and Dolphins have both shown a bit of mild interest, but only as a complementary player. Crabtree, who knows he needs a big chance to rehab his value on a one-year "prove it" contract, should be trying to find a spot he'll have a major role. The problem is that opportunity may never come.

SOURCE: CSN BAY AREA
Pass.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

My personal opinion.....

Signing Jennings would feel like the Jerry Porter signing to me - although Jennings has been immensely better than Porter. 

Just my hunch on how his career might turn out.

Quote:My personal opinion.....

Signing Jennings would feel like the Jerry Porter signing to me - although Jennings has been immensely better than Porter.

The difference being that Jennings would just be a veteran stop gap/bridge signing until a rookie WR is ready for a full time role. This WR group severely lacked that last year and it will only help Bortles. Jerry Porter was signed to be the #1 guy. Big difference.

Quote:Anyone think Crabtree would be ok for the price? I'm not sure that Greg Jennings would out produce him by much. Me personally, I'd rather them draft someone for the slot WR position than signing a veteran. I guess the veteran presence is important though too.

Crabtree is a better receiver than Jennings at this point, but Crabtree is also an immature fool who will cry and pout if he doesn't have his way.

Just say no to the whiner 49er.

I'd welcome Jennings here. Probably one of the better vets available in terms of both skill-set and attitude.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Jennings is not going to sign cheap as someone suggested.  He was playing for the Vikings around $9m per year.  Panthers and Dolphins want him, and someone is going to give him a decent deal.  He's not worth $9m per year any longer, but my gut is he won't play for less than $6m.  

Quote:I should've used the sarcasm font my bad

All good, lol.

Still wonder how he keeps getting contracts in the NFL.

;

;

I think Jennings can be a big contributor for us. It's all about perspective; his time in Minnesota was seen as a bit of a disappointment because he didn't have a 1,000 yard season after he put up a few in GB. But if you don't expect him to be the guy and just want him to contribute along with this young WR corps....a 700 yard season looks really nice.

Quote:My personal opinion.....

More parallels to the Tory Holt signing.

Crabtree had one year and thinks he should be getting paid like a superstar. This free agency period has been like his draft day all over again. He doesn't get why people don't feel he is as good as he views himself. Plus I worry about the influence he would have in the locker room. I would prefer Jennings given an option, but neither really blows up my skirt. Consider who he had throwing the ball in Minny and you can see why the numbers dropped. Plus they were clearly a run heavy offense.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Pass.

I appreciate you trying to be cool with your one word response. A little reasoning, as hard as that may be to ask for around these parts, might be in order.

Quote:Crabtree is a better receiver than Jennings at this point, but Crabtree is also an immature fool who will cry and pout if he doesn't have his way.

Just say no to the whiner 49er.

I can appreciate that, and I'll certainly agree that the guy comes off as a diva. That said, I'm looking at the investment here and trying to see why Greg Jennings is worth so much more than Crabtree. I don't think the 2 would be very far apart - production wise - and so I have a hard time believing Jennings is worth more than Crabtree, financially.