Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD to retire a Jaguar

Quote:I have to say this, I lost all respect for MJD when he held out and got into the fight at Konch. I agree with other people who does not believe he deserves to be in the ring of pride. I was one of MJD's biggest fan until he disrespected the fanbase. I was at work when I first heard the news of the holdout, and I was like "ok, he will get his money, just dont miss any practice or game time". Once he came back he was out of shape causing him to break his foot twice, which I believe was pure karma. Once his skills faded, he started getting into fights, and carried an even bigger stupider chip on his shoulder which I never liked in the first place. He never trained here in the offseason, and then insulted us even further by trying to get one more last paycheck by going to a team that was worse than the Jags in the last 15 years. It took awhile but maybe there was a reason why other teams passed on him in the draft and its because of this stupid make believe chip on the should he had to manufacture.

If he never steps foot back in Jacksonville so be it. Good riddance. I was hurt by his last few actions here and will never fully get over it. 

Your font isn't the easiest to read...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 06:13 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:I have to say this, I lost all respect for MJD when he held out and got into the fight at Konch. I agree with other people who does not believe he deserves to be in the ring of pride. I was one of MJD's biggest fan until he disrespected the fanbase. I was at work when I first heard the news of the holdout, and I was like "ok, he will get his money, just dont miss any practice or game time". Once he came back he was out of shape causing him to break his foot twice, which I believe was pure karma. Once his skills faded, he started getting into fights, and carried an even bigger stupider chip on his shoulder which I never liked in the first place. He never trained here in the offseason, and then insulted us even further by trying to get one more last paycheck by going to a team that was worse than the Jags in the last 15 years. It took awhile but maybe there was a reason why other teams passed on him in the draft and its because of this stupid make believe chip on the should he had to manufacture.

If he never steps foot back in Jacksonville so be it. Good riddance. I was hurt by his last few actions here and will never fully get over it.

He didn't train here in offseason? A stupider chip on his shoulders?

In my best Soup Nazi voice... No Pride For You...Drew.

The teams that passed on him regretted it. I'm sure he's sorry " he hurt you" . But you really should try to get over it. Maybe a few drinks and coconut shrimp at Conch House?
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:It seems a lot of people are expecting MJD to get a TV job, but he did not specifically mention a desire to go that route in his announcement IIRC.
Broadcasting isn't just on TV

There are a lot of childish remarks about this subject. It's like he stole your woman or your car.  

Quote:I have to say this, I lost all respect for MJD when he held out and got into the fight at Konch. I agree with other people who does not believe he deserves to be in the ring of pride. I was one of MJD's biggest fan until he disrespected the fanbase. I was at work when I first heard the news of the holdout, and I was like "ok, he will get his money, just dont miss any practice or game time". Once he came back he was out of shape causing him to break his foot twice, which I believe was pure karma. Once his skills faded, he started getting into fights, and carried an even bigger stupider chip on his shoulder which I never liked in the first place. He never trained here in the offseason, and then insulted us even further by trying to get one more last paycheck by going to a team that was worse than the Jags in the last 15 years. It took awhile but maybe there was a reason why other teams passed on him in the draft and its because of this stupid make believe chip on the should he had to manufacture.

I feel the same way... I'm not trying to whine about it, but MJD made it clear jax and the jags were just business to him. Most fans are well aware of this and don't need to be reminded by a player they try and consider the face of their franchise. I never felt like he embraced this team or this city. Even when he was drafted, it wasn't that he was happy to be in jax, it was a [BLEEP] story about him being passed by 32 other teams.

Thanks for a few good years but NO to getting into pride.

Quote:There are a lot of childish remarks about this subject. It's like he stole your woman or your car.
lol this isn't one of those situations at all... I don't hate the guy by any means. I just would not put him in the same company as the most prominent and important figures in our franchises history. All the people that go up in the pride should not only be important the franchise, but the franchise should be extremely important to them. I have no doubts about Freddy, tony, mark and the weavers. I have my doubts about mjd.

Well, whatever happens with MJD, it looks like the Jags were 100% correct in not resigning him to any type of long-term deal.

They made the right decision on this one.

Also, even though we have heard MJD's comments when he bitterly left Jax, I haven't heard one negative word said about him from anybody in the Jag's organization.

Well done Jags, well done.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:lol this isn't one of those situations at all... I don't hate the guy by any means. I just would not put him in the same company as the most prominent and important figures in our franchises history. All the people that go up in the pride should not only be important the franchise, but the franchise should be extremely important to them. I have no doubts about Freddy, tony, mark and the weavers. I have my doubts about mjd.

I may not agree with how he conducted himself, but the NFL is a business. Employees get disgruntled, some on a national stage. It doesn't and shouldn't take away from what he produced on the field. As said already, he carried this team for many years, and that counts for something.

It would be interesting to kknow if the same folks who feel the same as you do about him are the same who would have been happy with N. Suh on the team. That man, in my opinion, represents some of the worst in the league when it comes to.....well, pretty much everything except his level of play. He hurts other players on purpose and doesn't care. That's pretty jacked up.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 10:49 PM by JagsorDie.)

Quote:I may not agree with how he conducted himself, but the NFL is a business. Employees get disgruntled, some on a national stage. It doesn't and shouldn't take away from what he produced on the field. As said already, he carried this team for many years, and that counts for something.

It would be interesting to kknow if the same folks who feel the same as you do about him are the same who would have been happy with N. Suh on the team. That man, in my opinion, represents some of the worst in the league when it comes to.....well, pretty much everything except his level of play. He hurts other players on purpose and doesn't care. That's pretty jacked up.
I would feel the same about him as I do mjd to an extent... cheer him on if wore teal and black, be indifferent if he didnt, and in the end say no to the pride... after all, that is all I was saying, no to the pride.. the fact the guy was kinda a d bag didn't make me cheer any less, just made not me want him on our team hof

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2015, 09:44 AM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:He didn't train here in offseason? A stupider chip on his shoulders?

In my best Soup Nazi voice... No Pride For You...Drew.

The teams that passed on him regretted it. I'm sure he's sorry " he hurt you" . But you really should try to get over it. Maybe a few drinks and coconut shrimp at Conch House?

Nope he didnt train here which like someone else said leads me to believe he never fully embraced or loved the fans, and the city. 

Once he held out I stopped wearing my MJD jersey. When he left the team, I used the piece of crap jersey to clean the bird dookey off my car, then poured gasoline on it in the grill to help use it as a fire for a bbq. 

Also If he gets into the pride which will be never, I will either not go to the game, or will boo the crap out of him. Hopefully by then I will keep my emotions in check. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2015, 01:35 PM by David4499.)

So if you never accomplish anything, cause public disturbances, and bad mouth the organization, you can just go back and have cake and ice cream with gus.... what a joke.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

If just being the best player on a team full of really sucky players is your criteria for getting in the Pride...then they should make the Pride like the Pro Bowl and just put everyone's favorite players on there. Have the fans vote for it too...so it can really become completely meaningless just like the PB game!!

Poz is a fan favorite too...Poz for the Pride!!! Why wait til he retires? Do it now so we can have more people on the Pride wall!!!

Quote:If just being the best player on a team full of really sucky players is your criteria for getting in the Pride...then they should make the Pride like the Pro Bowl and just put everyone's favorite players on there. Have the fans vote for it too...so it can really become completely meaningless just like the PB game!!

Poz is a fan favorite too...Poz for the Pride!!! Why wait til he retires? Do it now so we can have more people on the Pride wall!!!
3× Pro Bowl (2009, 2010, 2011)
2x First-team All-Pro (2010, 2011)
Second-team All-Pro (2009)
2x PFWA All-NFL/All-AFC Team (2009, 2011)
2× NFL Alumni Running Back of the Year (2010, 2011)
NFL Rushing leader (2011)
NFL Alumni Player of the Year (2011)

Third most combined yards of any rookie in history (the most in over 20 years).

But yeah, he's just the best player on a team full of really sucky players.

Quote:3× Pro Bowl (2009, 2010, 2011)2x First-team All-Pro (2010, 2011)Second-team All-Pro (2009)2x PFWA All-NFL/All-AFC Team (2009, 2011)2× NFL Alumni Running Back of the Year (2010, 2011)NFL Rushing leader (2011)NFL Alumni Player of the Year (2011)Third most combined yards of any rookie in history (the most in over 20 years).But yeah, he's just the best player on a team full of really sucky players.

If you had to pick your all star starting line up for the Jags out of every player for the past 20 years, who would you pick in the running back position? Yeah...not MJD. So shouldn't the next player in the pride be at least equal to, if not better than the person already in there? Seems like a regression to me if its not.

Quote:If you had to pick your all star starting line up for the Jags out of every player for the past 20 years, who would you pick in the running back position? Yeah...not MJD. So shouldn't the next player in the pride be at least equal to, if not better than the person already in there? Seems like a regression to me if its not.
that's an interesting way of looking at the pride... i like it tho. Would have to put 19 other players up there to get started lol

Quote:that's an interesting way of looking at the pride... i like it tho. Would have to put 19 other players up there to get started lol
19 ready go!

Offense:

Greg Jones

Keenan McCardell

Chris Naeole

Brad Meester

Vince Manuai 

Kyle Brady

Leon Searcy

Defense:

Brackens

Stroud 

Henderson

Peterson

Daryl Smith

Hardy

Mathis

Beasley

Grant

Darius

Special Teams:

Barker

Hollis

lol

Quote:My criticism of MJD isn't unfounded, nor do I harbor some 'weird blind hatred' of him. You're response smacks of 'inferred racism', which you can attempt to bandier about all you like as I've not yet observed you display the innate ability for cognitive thought... however, I would like to address your attitude of seeming hopeless negativism; why, consider the lilies of the field, or look at 'rollerjag' as your paradigm of optimism.

Wow. Sounds like you have some issues...

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2015, 04:56 PM by EricC85.)

Lol MJD was out best player on our worse rosters in franchise history so what? Did he even break any of Fred Taylor's franchise records?

He didn't even have that long of a career in 20 years he's just a blimp in history I don't see the reason to make him a pride member.

Oh and show him respect? For what?

He was fun to watch during the suck years but nothing worth remembering for eternity good grief. I swear some of you never saw Fred play he was something special.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2015, 07:40 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Nope he didnt train here which like someone else said leads me to believe he never fully embraced or loved the fans, and the city.

Once he held out I stopped wearing my MJD jersey. When he left the team, I used the piece of crap jersey to clean the bird dookey off my car, then poured gasoline on it in the grill to help use it as a fire for a bbq.

Also If he gets into the pride which will be never, I will either not go to the game, or will boo the crap out of him. Hopefully by then I will keep my emotions in check.
I get not wanting him in the pride, but I don't get the last paragraph. I think a Frozen song is needed here... "Let it go, let it go!"...

Quote:Nope he didnt train here which like someone else said leads me to believe he never fully embraced or loved the fans, and the city. 

Fred Taylor didn't train here, either.