Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Live State Of the Jaguars Coverage Starts at 10:45 Today***

(@JohnOehser) - Shipyards presentation is stunning in overall vision, and about so much more than football. This is very much about the entire city #Jaguars
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: B-D8z5UCcAAYd-V.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Glass architecture has come a long way.  The North/South lines lower the energy profile for the Sun's East/West movement.

Edit:

I mean by having the narrow portion of the building profiles run East/West you can really control the lighting and exposure.  It does flow nice with the river's movement.  I love architecture.

I'm not an expert by any means, so if there's some sight lines that helps with the heat, that's great. We have examples of hotels/buildings in Dallas and Vegas that can heat up pools and burn things on the ground because of the sun's reflection. Granted, our sun index isn't as bad as texas/nevada, but I would still be concerned with it.

Quote:So, is there an aquarium? I didn't watch the SOTF

Not in the renderings.

Here's the shipyards video portion for those who missed it.

https://vimeo.com/119653089

Only other criticism...an amphitheatre? Do we really need one in the Shipyards? I guess if we can attract high profile performers it will be great, but I'd hate for that part of the Shipyards to be a fancier and more expensive Landing.

For the first time in my 30 years living in Jax, I will seriously consider buying a place to live in the new Shipyards area. A walking downtown has been sorely needed forever!

Quote:[Image: 9xjDUWN.png]
[Image: 7u7j9eZ.png]

Good to hear about the U.S.S Adams

Whoa.. How beautiful it could be without all the bums and pan handlers. When will Touchdowns be a part of this franchise?

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Only other criticism...an amphitheatre? Do we really need one in the Shipyards? I guess if we can attract high profile performers it will be great, but I'd hate for that part of the Shipyards to be a fancier and more expensive Landing.

I think it would be more likely to replace the aging structure at Met Park.

;

;

Quote:I think it would be more likely to replace the aging structure at Met Park.

This

That community field looks dangerous haha. A guy like Marqise Lee will run right off that field a la NY Giants game. I'm sure it will be safe by opening

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2015, 01:37 PM by gatorzilla91.)

Will the Shipyards actually be a part of/owned by the Jaguars organization as a whole?

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2015, 01:41 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Will the Shipyards actually be a part of/owned by the Jaguars organization as a whole?

I'm assuming it will be owned by Khan enterprises. The city may own a portion of it since they currently own the actual land and will have to come out of pocket to clean up the area as well.

Quote:Only other criticism...an amphitheatre? Do we really need one in the Shipyards? I guess if we can attract high profile performers it will be great, but I'd hate for that part of the Shipyards to be a fancier and more expensive Landing.

Man, I don't know. Jacksonville gets skipped over a lot for cities like St. Augustine for some pretty awesome performances. They seem to defer to the St. Augustine amphitheater. I'm all for this community staple because the Landing spcertainly wasn't doing it. From the jobs to the events, I'm all onboard with this. This could spark development everywhere else downtown. Shad is the man

As if the Landing was not obscelete already, this makes it more so.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2015, 01:52 PM by BadMojoDaddy.)

Sweet

This is going to be amazing if it actually comes to be..! Incredible, we will definitely spend some time in the Shipyards. Banana

DO YOUR JOB....! & Together We Will... Bonehead...!

Quote:As if the Landing was not obscelete already, this makes it more so.

Haven't been to the Landing in a long time.  There's a reason for that.

One of these years.............

Quote:As if the Landing was not obscelete already, this makes it more so.
I do believe that the Landing is still being redesigned as well..!

DO YOUR JOB....! & Together We Will... Bonehead...!