Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Live State Of the Jaguars Coverage Starts at 10:45 Today***

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015, 01:04 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:Seems they wouldn't have put that whole show together with the obvious work that's gone into the shipyards proposal if the plan wasn't a solid one. Khan doesn't seem like a man that doesn't get what he wants. Jacksonville must be so fun for him. It's like a blank canvas to him. It's a perfect marriage.
Yeah, I don't see Khan going through all this if he isn't certain he can make it happen. He's a very, very smart businessman. Do you think he would put this concept out, the whole presentation, only to have none of it happen? I don't see that being likely. Khan doesn't strike me as a guy that's going to be made a fool. He knows what he is doing.

He's going to back the appropriate people, political and otherwise.

Khan is the real deal. He's the best thing to happen to the Jaguars in a long, long time. I'm beyond thankful that Mr. Khan bought this team over someone like Stan Kroenke. I can understand people being hesitant about the plan coming to fruition but I have no doubt Khan is the man to make this a reality.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think the next thing he's going to make his priority will be to get the SB back here. Not for several years, but don't think all of this isn't going to lend to a much different experiece than last time. Khan is most definitely taking this city to new heights.

That is a phenomenal idea...never even thought of that.  

If that were to happen, that would be a centerpiece of the Super Bowl happenings.

Quote:Yeah, I don't see Khan going through all this if he isn't certain he can make it happen. He's a very, very smart businessman. Do you think he would put this concept out, the whole presentation, only to have none of it happen? I don't see that being likely. Khan doesn't strike me as a guy that's going to be made a fool. He knows what he is doing.

Khan is the real deal. He's the best thing to happen to the Jaguars in a long, long time. I'm beyond thankful that Mr. Khan bought this team over someone like Stan Kroenke. I can understand people being hesitant about the plan coming to fruition but I have no doubt Khan is the man to make this a reality.

Super Bowl is still a looong ways away. It will need more than just the Shipyards to get it. If the rest of downtown gets a facelift with the Shipyards as the centerpiece, then we can start talking hosting a Super Bowl.

Quote:Yeah, I don't see Khan going through all this if he isn't certain he can make it happen. He's a very, very smart businessman. Do you think he would put this concept out, the whole presentation, only to have none of it happen? I don't see that being likely. Khan doesn't strike me as a guy that's going to be made a fool. He knows what he is doing.

He may turn out to be the best thing to happen to this CITY since Jake Godbold. 

He's not going through all of this to be thwarted by bureaucrats.  The mayor and the president of the city council were both in attendance yesterday, and support his plan.  I have little doubt that he will get all of the necessary approvals to move forward with this in some form.  Whether he gets everything he wants in this project is another question, but I'm feeling confident the shipyards will get plenty of attention over the next 5-10 years.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Saw on twitter where Mark Frisch said that after the presentation they played the song "Don't Believe Me Just Watch". Frisch said and that was no coincidence this song was played either.

Quote:Saw on twitter where Mark Frisch said that after the presentation they played the song "Don't Believe Me Just Watch". Frisch said and that was no coincidence this song was played either.

Lol, they played a song prior to the ceremony that I thought was funny too.

Quote:Saw on twitter where Mark Frisch said that after the presentation they played the song "Don't Believe Me Just Watch". Frisch said and that was no coincidence this song was played either.

Its not because "Uptown Funk" is one of the catchier songs on the radio today?

Gotta admit, I love reading all these positives coming from the jungle.

Quote:Its not because "Uptown Funk" is one of the catchier songs on the radio today?

No

Quote:Super Bowl is still a looong ways away. It will need more than just the Shipyards to get it. If the rest of downtown gets a facelift with the Shipyards as the centerpiece, then we can start talking hosting a Super Bowl.
After the shipyards are complete, I'll bet he puts his stake on getting the SB back here. The stadium is a premium spot compared to when we had it here before. The lack of hotels is what our downfall was, that and nightlife, but if the Shipyards get done that would be a boost to maybe getting a second SB in Jax.

Quote:After the shipyards are complete, I'll bet he puts his stake on getting the SB back here. The stadium is a premium spot compared to when we had it here before. The lack of hotels is what our downfall was, that and nightlife, but if the Shipyards get done that would be a boost to maybe getting a second SB in Jax.

Its a first step, not the finishing touch.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015, 06:25 PM by MoJagFan.)

Look the team knows the age demographic is an issue in Jacksonville.  You have to get young people [EDIT Removed opinion on immigration]  You have to have the companies and jobs to make it happen.  That is how you get the tax revenue you need to improve as well.  This plan is a vision and a long term win.

This owner is a winner (jut not on the field yet).

To me the best part of the state of the team is all of it is being done with a poor product on the field.  They are fueling the rockets and any improvement on the field and the whole thing is going to blow up.  As a navy guy, the USS Adams contribution is awesome.  I kinda of laugh that the rendering is an Arleigh Burke but hey that's okay.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015, 08:50 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:After the shipyards are complete, I'll bet he puts his stake on getting the SB back here. The stadium is a premium spot compared to when we had it here before. The lack of hotels is what our downfall was, that and nightlife, but if the Shipyards get done that would be a boost to maybe getting a second SB in Jax.
In 5-10 years from now, I would love to see this shipyard plan put into place. I would love to see the Landing redeveloped. I would love to see Bay Street lined with bars and restaurants connecting the two. I would love to see the JEA lot turned into something (healthy town?). I would love to see the skyway extended down bay to connect San Marco, the Southbank, the Landing, the Shipyards and everything in between. I would love to see the old courthouse torn down and turned into something cool like a new convention center and maybe a hotel where the current river front parking lot is. I would love to see the Prime Osborne turned back into a train station for All Aboard Florida, the high speed rail line being built along the FEC rail lines. I would love to see Hogan's Creek cleaned up and interconnected with the shops and restaurants of the Shipyards and Bay Street.

If all these things could come to pass along with the stadium improvements (club seats and that wicked tarp design Khan proposed a year or so ago) and the continuing growth in the Riverside, Brooklyn, San Marco, and Springfield... Then I could see Jax getting another crack at the Super Bowl.

All we would need now is to find a fix to the homeless/vagrant problem or people won't bother going downtown anyways.

My question is can this include the Aquarium or does this push it out?

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:My question is can this include the Aquarium or does this push it out?

The AquaJax plan was to be where Met Park so it seems feasible that it could go right next to the Shipyards.

it would be beyond awesome if the Shipyards, Aquarium, and the EverBank Field improvements all got done.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

The financial proposals are beginning to come to light:

http://m.jacksonville.com/news/metro/201...#gsc.tab=0
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

<div>
<div>
<div> Follow
</div>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ColeANjax'>[Image: iM6EKFNI_bigger.jpeg]Cole Heath‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ColeANjax</span></a></div>
</div>
<p class="" style="font-size:28px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);"><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/jaxshipyards?src=hash'>#jaxshipyards</a> project could begin July 1st if approved. Actual cost of environmental cleanup for city would run about $20M, rather than $35M

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2015, 08:11 AM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">45]

Follow<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ColeANjax'>[Image: iM6EKFNI_bigger.jpeg]Cole Heath‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ColeANjax</span></a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/jaxshipyards?src=hash'><span style="color:rgb(102,181,210);">#

jaxshipyards</a> project could begin July 1st if approved. Actual cost of environmental cleanup for city would run about $20M, rather than $35M
</span>
That would be insanely fast. Then again, Khan is 64, I highly doubt he wants this to drag out for a decade.