Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Twitter feeds from todays press conf. Include Gus Olson and Marrone

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Jaguars'>Jacksonville Jaguars ‏@<b>Jaguars</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/563398728858349568' title="10:08 AM - 5 Feb 2015">57m57 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">RB coach Skipper said he spoke with MJD & MJD had nothing but positive things to say about HC Bradley.

<div>
<div> 
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Jaguars'>Jacksonville Jaguars ‏@<b>Jaguars</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/563399022262513665' title="10:09 AM - 5 Feb 2015">56m56 minutes ago</a>
<p class="">"We have good young talent here.- RB coach Skipper on <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a> RBs.

<p class=""> 

<p class="">RB coach Skipper on <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/DenardX'>@<b>DenardX</b></a>: "He's very versatile."

<p class=""> 

<p class=""><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Jaguars'>Jacksonville Jaguars ‏@<b>Jaguars</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/563399343885910016' title="10:10 AM - 5 Feb 2015">56m56 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">RB coach Skipper said he coached at <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/seniorbowl'>@<b>seniorbowl</b></a> when <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/DenardX'>@<b>DenardX</b></a> was there.

</div>
</div>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">John Oehser ‏@JohnOehser  1h1 hour ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Jaguars HC Gus Bradley said he expects more zone scheme early, as has been the case the past two seasons. WIll have some gap schemes, too.

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">I find that a bit confusing.

</div>

I assume he means that we will be using mainly zone schemes to start the season, but some gap will be sprinkled in as the season progresses.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/Jaguars'>Jacksonville Jaguars ‏@Jaguars </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/563398728858349568'>57m57 minutes ago</a>

RB coach Skipper said he spoke with MJD & MJD had nothing but positive things to say about HC Bradley.

Surprising considering he was so jaded when he left here
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Surprising considering he was so jaded when he left here
he's human with emotions and probably felt jaded at the time. He's probably past it now and feels no resentment.at the end of the day it's a business.

So basically all the new coaches are saying all the right things?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:So basically all the new coaches are saying all the right things?

I do like what I heard from Marrone. A lot of the comments coming from Buffalo (even before he opted out) was that there was ego issues with him. From his press conference, he seemed like a genuinely humble guy. Perhaps I'm buying the kool-aid, but I bought it when he said that he misses being able to just focus on the line and the offense and being hands-on with those guys.

Quote:he's human with emotions and probably felt jaded at the time. He's probably past it now and feels no resentment.at the end of the day it's a business.
I'm thinking he's jockeying to keep potential job opportunities open.  Dude is done!

Quote:I do like what I heard from Marrone. A lot of the comments coming from Buffalo (even before he opted out) was that there was ego issues with him. From his press conference, he seemed like a genuinely humble guy. Perhaps I'm buying the kool-aid, but I bought it when he said that he misses being able to just focus on the line and the offense and being hands-on with those guys.

Nearly every successful coach has some type of ego, it's what makes them successful.

Heck, there are even plenty of unsuccessful coaches who have egos, it's what gets them fired.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Awesome. Can not wait for this season, well FA and draft even. As excited as we've gotten in the past for the upcoming seasons, I think this one just feels different to me.
me too.

I think we're gonna kick a**

I love hearing them give us what we want to hear. Hope it all works out.

Quote:I love hearing them give us what we want to hear. Hope it all works out.

Like telling us all season things are progressing along as planned ........ THEN FIRING A BUNCH OF OFFENSIVE COACHES AFTER THE SEASON.

Quote:Dude, he played his rookie year at RT for like what 4 games moved to LT and was out for season. ZERO experience in the NFL at LT in his rookie year. EXPECT him to struggle after injury year 2, in which he did. Now its the time he should look back and fix things he wasn't great at, Im thinking he will improve this offseason and be a better protector in the pass game as well as a run blocker. 

Yep.

... or not. The same optimism about improvement was put forth for Derrick Harvey.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

The interesting thing i heard yesterday on the jaguars radio show last night was they all are in on rebuilding this team, they all have 2 yr contracts and from the sound of it unless someone is offered a HC job they are going to stay here and build this offense right.

Dempsey just played an interview with Olson, and they asked him all the questions the fans would hammer him with, and he did a great job of handling them. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Surprising considering he was so jaded when he left here

I got the feeling it was more towards the front office then the coaches, no even Caldwell, it was Gene Smith who didnt wanna pay him more when he was in NFL leader in rushing. When Gus and Dave came in MJD didnt hold out and was always positive about Gus, like has been said it was more emotions.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Nearly every successful coach has some type of ego, it's what makes them successful.

Heck, there are even plenty of unsuccessful coaches who have egos, it's what gets them fired.

Nearly every coach has some ego. The successful ones are usually the ones who know when to set it aside for the betterment of the team.

Quote:The interesting thing i heard yesterday on the jaguars radio show last night was they all are in on rebuilding this team, they all have 2 yr contracts and from the sound of it unless someone is offered a HC job they are going to stay here and build this offense right.

I think they've found a way to take a bad season and turn it around enough so far to create a positive vibe moving forward.  It sounds like the offense is going to be fine tuned to take advantage of the strengths of the personnel we have to work with, and they're going to put a real focus on developing Bortles.  That's all we as fans can ask for. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I think they've found a way to take a bad season and turn it around enough so far to create a positive vibe moving forward.  It sounds like the offense is going to be fine tuned to take advantage of the strengths of the personnel we have to work with, and they're going to put a real focus on developing Bortles.  That's all we as fans can ask for. 

I have a feeling that Jedd had this vision of Spurrier's passing offense for this team moving forward, whereas Gus envisions one more closer to what the Seahawks have with Wilson and Lynch.

Quote:I think they've found a way to take a bad season and turn it around enough so far to create a positive vibe moving forward. It sounds like the offense is going to be fine tuned to take advantage of the strengths of the personnel we have to work with, and they're going to put a real focus on developing Bortles. That's all we as fans can ask for.
I like ur comments.

I feel the same as you

Quote:I have a feeling that Jedd had this vision of Spurrier's passing offense for this team moving forward, whereas Gus envisions one more closer to what the Seahawks have with Wilson and Lynch.
There are some good young weapons on this offense.  They need to bring in a veteran receiver to help that group, but I think the focus will shift to something sort of like what they're running in Seattle, but that's going to require an upgrade in the backfield. 

The draft is going to present them with some opportunities to upgrade the running game, and if they are able to make that happen, it will go a long way in fixing this offense. 

Bortles is athletic like Wilson, but he's also got the kind of size that makes him more prototypical for NFL QBs.  He's working with his receivers this off season, so he's going to do his part to develop the kind of chemistry needed to be effective in the passing game.  Still, I'd love to see them bring in that reliable veteran receiver or TE who has proven they can be a consistent, effective outlet for a QB.  That will take the pressure off the young guys and allow them to develop while still giving Bortles a go to guy. 

Despite the struggles in 2014, there's a lot to like about where the team is headed.  They've identified some young play makers who will hopefully continue to develop.  They have more than enough cap space to fix the bigger issues in protection and the passing game, and the draft picks can help boost the effectiveness of the running game.